Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Here's the tracklisting from the movie: I wanna hear the it ain't like that demo!

Disc 1 – From the Film PJ20

Release – Verona, Italy (9/16/06)
    Alive – Seattle, WA (12/22/90)
    Garden – Zurich, Switzerland (2/19/92)
    Why Go – Hamburg, Germany (3/10/92)
    Black – MTV Unplugged, NYC (3/16/92)
    Blood – Auckland, New Zealand (3/25/95)
    Last Exit – Taipei, Taiwan (2/24/95)
    Not For You – Manila, Philippines (2/26/95)
    Do The Evolution – Monkeywrench Radio, Seattle, WA (1/31/98)
    Thumbing My Way – Chop Suey, Seattle, WA (9/6/02)
    Crown of Thorns – Las Vegas, NV (10/22/00)
    Let Me Sleep – Verona, Italy (9/16/06)
    Walk With Me (with Neil Young) – Bridge School Benefit (10/23/10)
    Just Breathe – SNL, New York (3/13/10)
    Disc 2 – Rarities and Inspiration . . .

Say Hello 2 Heaven – Temple of the Dog Demo, 1990
    Times of Trouble – Demo, 1990
    Acoustic #1 – Demo 1991
    It Ain’t Like That – Demo 1990
    Need to Know – Demo, 2007
    Be Like Wind – McCready Score 2010
    Given To Fly – McCready Instrumental 2010
    Nothing As It Seems – Demo 1999
    Nothing As It Seems – Seattle, WA (10/22/01)
    Indifference – Bologna, Italy (9/14/06)
    Of The Girl – Instrumental 2000
    Faithfull – Pistola, Italy (9/20/06) (Soundcheck)
    Bu$hleaguer – Nassau, NY (4/30/03)
    Betterman – New York City (5/21/10)
    Rearview Mirror – Universal City, CA (10/1/09)

that's a soundboard recording of the very first live performance of Alive ever. how completely cool is that??

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Here's the tracklisting from the movie: I wanna hear the it ain't like that demo!

Disc 1 – From the Film PJ20

Release – Verona, Italy (9/16/06)
    Alive – Seattle, WA (12/22/90)
    Garden – Zurich, Switzerland (2/19/92)
    Why Go – Hamburg, Germany (3/10/92)
    Black – MTV Unplugged, NYC (3/16/92)
    Blood – Auckland, New Zealand (3/25/95)
    Last Exit – Taipei, Taiwan (2/24/95)
    Not For You – Manila, Philippines (2/26/95)
    Do The Evolution – Monkeywrench Radio, Seattle, WA (1/31/98)
    Thumbing My Way – Chop Suey, Seattle, WA (9/6/02)
    Crown of Thorns – Las Vegas, NV (10/22/00)
    Let Me Sleep – Verona, Italy (9/16/06)
    Walk With Me (with Neil Young) – Bridge School Benefit (10/23/10)
    Just Breathe – SNL, New York (3/13/10)
    Disc 2 – Rarities and Inspiration . . .

Say Hello 2 Heaven – Temple of the Dog Demo, 1990
    Times of Trouble – Demo, 1990
    Acoustic #1 – Demo 1991
    It Ain’t Like That – Demo 1990
    Need to Know – Demo, 2007
    Be Like Wind – McCready Score 2010
    Given To Fly – McCready Instrumental 2010
    Nothing As It Seems – Demo 1999
    Nothing As It Seems – Seattle, WA (10/22/01)
    Indifference – Bologna, Italy (9/14/06)
    Of The Girl – Instrumental 2000
    Faithfull – Pistola, Italy (9/20/06) (Soundcheck)
    Bu$hleaguer – Nassau, NY (4/30/03)
    Betterman – New York City (5/21/10)
    Rearview Mirror – Universal City, CA (10/1/09)

It will be mine,oh yes,it will be mine!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

david75 wrote: »
    that's a soundboard recording of the very first live performance of Alive ever. how completely cool is that??

The first show was on youtube for a while but think its been taken down again. Was a good recording of the tracks mixed with video

The more I read/hear about the film, the slower time seems to run until September 20th. 'Immagine in Cornice' is all but scratched-out here! Nice set of tunes for the soundtrack, great to see 'Thumbing My Way' and 'Crown of Thorns' on there. All this should keep me ticking over until May or September next year when the new album will hopefully land, and maybe some Euro tour dates?! One can only dream.

If you're in need of a live fix in the meantime, I play with a tribute called Pearl Jem and we're doing the Academy 2 this Sunday at 8pm sharp. We're playing all of 'Ten' (as every PJ tribute seem to be!) along with a full set from the rest of the albums. We were in Germany last weekend and are off to the UK next week, hopefully we'll have a severe couple of home shows in between with Belfast and Dublin this weekend. Anyway, this should get me through to September 20th:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I wish to god they would put the Irish listings on the website. My local cinema say they don't know yet but it is being shown in Wexford which isn't too bad of a journey as I work in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They have added Irish cinemas onto the site. Looks like I will be heading to Wexford.

full list. big number for such a small place.

15 screenings added for Ireland north and south.
    north and south!!deadly :)

Athlone IMC Athlone ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Cork Omniplex Cork ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Irish Fil Institute Dublin ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Vue Dublin Dublin ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Dundalk IMC Dundalk ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Dun Laoghaire IMC Dun Laoghaire ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Galway Omniplex Galway ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Kilkenny Omniplex Kilkenny ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Omniplex Limerick Limerick ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Omniplex Rathmines Rathmines ÉIRE INFO/BUY
    Wexford Omniplex Wexford ÉIRE INFO/BUY

and balllymenagh, Belfast. Lisburn and Newry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

are these all one night screenings?or will it be on for the week like any other movie?any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

crazygeryy wrote: »
    are these all one night screenings?or will it be on for the week like any other movie?any idea?

Seems to be one night deal. The DVD is released soon after anyway so wouldn't be worth their while.

I'd rather have a packed screen one night than a dead screen any random night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ni4979

Just got my tickets for Omniplex Galway!!!!!

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »

on night only. it's being relayed digitally to cinemas by time zone.

the DVD will be availabl. a week or so later but still no word from tenclub if there's an extended edition. cameron crowe said there would be as did that tim bierman guy who runs the fanclub. I'd be happy with a 5 hour long version of this:). can't wait:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

it's being relayed digitally to cinemas by time zone.

That's just a disaster waiting to happen :D

jenizzle wrote: »
    it's being relayed digitally to cinemas by time zone.

That's just a disaster waiting to happen :D

I'd say absolutely only te foos live gig into cinemas went well and I didn't hear anything about the chilis one so I'm guessing it was ok.

fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

ni4979 wrote: »
    Just got my tickets for Omniplex Galway!!!!!

See you there buddy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Galway omniplex for me too, had booked dublin when it was announced but obviously galway being nearer its much handier.

Just waiting to board for Chicago now, having a good piss up with a mate from home there tonight and cannot wait for the weekend, it should be special!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Galway omniplex for me too, had booked dublin when it was announced but obviously galway being nearer its much handier.

Just waiting to board for Chicago now, having a good piss up with a mate from home there tonight and cannot wait for the weekend, it should be special!

When you're back we're going for a pint in Neachtains and you are telling me all about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0902/pearljam.html

I'm sure we all have our tickets got at this stage, but this would be sweeeeet.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0902/pearljam.html

I'm sure we all have our tickets got at this stage, but this would be sweeeeet.

aw that'd be great! thanks for posting it. good luck to you all:)

Temple of the Dog reunion last night :)

September 3, 2011 - Chris Cornell (SOUNDGARDEN) joined the members of PEARL JAM (Eddie Vedder, Mike McCready, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron) on stage at the Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, Wisconsin to perform the TEMPLE OF THE DOG single "Hunger Strike" (originally released on that band's 1991 self-titled album). The band performed four songs in honor of PEARL JAM's 20th anniversary. TEMPLE OF THE DOG was formed in Seattle, Washington in 1990. It was conceived by vocalist Chris Cornell of Soundgarden as a tribute to his friend, the late Andrew Wood, lead singer of Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone. The line-up included Stone Gossard on rhythm guitar, Jeff Ament on bass guitar (both ex-members of Mother Love Bone), Mike McCready on lead guitar, Matt Cameron on drums and Eddie Vedder providing lead and backing vocals.

I'm not a TOTD fan, so not too gutted I didn't get to go over. I definitely wouldn't have been impressed with listening to Reach Down two nights in a row. Would've liked to have seen Glen Hansard with Ed for Smile though. In The Moonlight with Josh Homme seemed good, would like for him to do that with QOTSA - it has a nice vibe to it. Also surprised Dave Grohl didn't make an appearance at some stage.

• Advertisement

I'm not a TOTD fan, so not too gutted I didn't get to go over. I definitely wouldn't have been impressed with listening to Reach Down two nights in a row. Would've liked to have seen Glen Hansard with Ed for Smile though. In The Moonlight with Josh Homme seemed good, would like for him to do that with QOTSA - it has a nice vibe to it. Also surprised Dave Grohl didn't make an appearance at some stage.

agree completely. it's cool they honoured andy but were 4 songs really necessary? and on both nights??
    seemed to suck the life outta the gig, purely from goin by the setlist.

Glen doin Smile would have been amazing t see. gonna scour YouTube:)

"Legend has it that on the death of Kurt Cobain in April 1994 a group of Nirvana fans gathered at the Papal Cross in The Phoenix Park and ceremoniously burned copies of Pearl Jam's debut album Ten. "

:D I'd love to know if that actually happened!

"Legend has it that on the death of Kurt Cobain in April 1994 a group of Nirvana fans gathered at the Papal Cross in The Phoenix Park and ceremoniously burned copies of Pearl Jam's debut album Ten. "

:D I'd love to know if that actually happened!

it did. most were wearing those wooly black and red stripey jumpers that kurt had. ironically enough he bought his one in liffey st.

so happy to see this finally :)

hafta laugh. smile is glens favourite PJ song. you can see Ed give him the cue for 'three crooked hearts'.. and glen still fluffs it :)
    he was mad excited and brickin it though. great clip:)

got the two pj shows. gonna listen to em later. more than likely gonna edit out the totd bit. yawn inducing.

I'm not a TOTD fan, so not too gutted I didn't get to go over. I definitely wouldn't have been impressed with listening to Reach Down two nights in a row.
    agree completely. it's cool they honoured andy but were 4 songs really necessary? and on both nights??
    seemed to suck the life outta the gig, purely from goin by the setlist.
    more than likely gonna edit out the totd bit. yawn inducing.

:eek: You're all fookin nuts! TotD is an amazing album and definitely in my all time top 5. I would have killed to be there for those songs and you're all just.... I dunno. I'm quitting boards :pac:.

Hahah... best not go near the 10c boards so, we're mild compared to the abuse TOtD20 is getting over there ;)

Tis all part of the frustration of being a fan though - you either went and loved it (ultimate life-changing experience and such), went and hated it (not a real fan, sold your day 2 ticket, didn't deserve to be there etc), didn't go and cried that your life will never be the same again after missing such an event and you regret not remortgaging the house, and didn't go and didn't mind not being there!

We all have our different favourites. I love Evacuation, In Hiding, GTF... I'm not a fan of Down, Parachutes, Big Wave or Unemployable. It's something we love to argue about afterwards when walking away from the gig :D

it's lovely that they honored their friends life by making a record and we got a great song out of it with hunger strike, but the rest of it is just sorta boring to me.

I was in a suicidal rage all weekend that I wasn't there but seeing glen up there made it all better :)

• Advertisement

it's lovely that they honored their friends life by making a record and we got a great song out of it with hunger strike, but the rest of it is just sorta boring to me.

Shockingly I think Hunger Strike is one of my least favourite tracks. Pushing Forward back and Reach Down being my favourites. Say hello 2 heaven was a comfort song when I was an emotional teenager. Times of Trouble is great but I do prefer Footsteps. I just plain love that album really. Was one of the first albums I ever heard though. It was in a box of tapes my older sis gave me in 1999 when I was 14 along with Ten, and a heck lot of metal. It'll always be one of my favourites.

Advertisement