Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

NothingMan wrote: »
    Shockingly I think Hunger Strike is one of my least favourite tracks. Pushing Forward back and Reach Down being my favourites. Say hello 2 heaven was a comfort song when I was an emotional teenager. Times of Trouble is great but I do prefer Footsteps. I just plain love that album really. Was one of the first albums I ever heard though. It was in a box of tapes my older sis gave me in 1999 when I was 14 along with Ten, and a heck lot of metal. It'll always be one of my favourites.

Hunger Strike is the worst song on that album without a doubt, amazing record, best album of the 90s imo, one of the greatest rock records of all time. Mike is amazing on reach Down, best hes ever played in studio. Great record, shocked at the hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

DoubleD wrote: »
    Hunger Strike is the worst song on that album without a doubt, amazing record, best album of the 90s imo, one of the greatest rock records of all time. Mike is amazing on reach Down, best hes ever played in studio. Great record, shocked at the hate.

If your username is your cup size and you're not a dude, marry me. :pac:

If your username is your cup size and you're not a dude, marry me. :pac:

Its my cup size.

I'm a dude.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

anyone else enter that RTE competition?

david75 wrote: »
    anyone else enter that RTE competition?

Yep. I'm sure we'll both win....

I never win anything, so I went and entered every single competition on Entertainment.ie a few weeks back. Won 2 concert tickets, 1 for the Horslips and one for Pugwash, both on the same thursday evening I couldn't make it. Typical. Where were my EP tickets eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Anybody know what the VIP tix for PJ20 in the cinema get you as opposed to the regular ones?

Looks like been Wexford for me

Anybody know what the VIP tix for PJ20 in the cinema get you as opposed to the regular ones?

Looks like been Wexford for me

If it's like Vue then it's just some comfier, bigger leather seats with more leg room.

If it's like Vue then it's just some comfier, bigger leather seats with more leg room.

Ah right,cool. Cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Corn Flake

Early pearl Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Tickets booked for Galway, cant wait! Should be a great night!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

jenizzle wrote: »

I like it......and that's all that counts to me :-)

Dammit, I won't be able to listen to this until at least half 5, and that's only if the manager goes home on time, which she never does. This is gonna be a looooong day.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

On first listen, I don't like it. It has some cool moments, but nothing that stands out in particular. Sounds like the same by the numbers shouty rock that was most of the last album. I hope they aren't just going to settle into releasing the same album year on year like some other long running bands do. But I have the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Not for me to be honest, but I'll have to give it a few more listens, might be a grower.

sorta reminds me of Got some meets kick out the jams..

and if yer excited about PJ20, check this out

On the new song,like the idea behind it and where they're trying to go with it but as has been said,they are in danger of becoming a bit 'samey' and I hope to God that this doesnt happen.
    Having said that,I like it at first listen and Ive no doubt Il come to really like it after a few listens. The thoughts of a new album is great and I cant wait to see what direction they take with it. Cracking cracking band and cant wait to see PJ20 too,Ive a feeling it will be like watching a "This Is Your Life" of my life,if that even makes sense. They have played a huge part in my life since the age of 11 or so,and Im sure Im not the only one either!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Ole is savage, hardly an album song and its the only song iv ever seen been given away for free on their website.
    Gotta appreciate it for what it is, just a good pearl jam song, hopefully some more new stuff again soon.

Its a bad Ramones song. Hope this isn't the path they are going down for the new album.

I actually prefer the balls in your mouth song

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/jimmy-and-eddie-vedder-sing-balls-in-your-mouth-9811/1353784/?__cid=thefilter

• Advertisement

It kind of feels out of context. Does sound like a punk cover than a real PJ song. If it is on the album I'd like to see where it's placed and what the mood into it is before I decide. Also a studio version could be very different. Got Some was very rough when I heard it in London 09 when they first playted it live. I'll hold my judgement for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lads, bit of help, I'm trying to book tickets for Kilkenny but it's not listed on the site but it says it will be shown there, am i doing something wrong?

Lads, bit of help, I'm trying to book tickets for Kilkenny but it's not listed on the site but it says it will be shown there, am i doing something wrong?

Go on to the cinema web site directly, they should have it listed.

Kilkenny dont have their own site, its linked through entertainment.ie :(

Kilkenny dont have their own site, its linked through entertainment.ie :(

Ring the cinema and ask them,maybe you can book over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Meh.................oh, and Vedder looks like he's gettin' FAT!!??/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yea the new song ole.ive only heard it once on jimmy fallon.jeez im not impressed to be honest.maybe with a few more listens it will grow on me.
    but im really looking forward(like everyone) to the movie.and the book,ive pre ordered it cant wait to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Just after landing myself into the world premiere of PJ20, its gonna be weird watching a film in a theatre that literally holds thousands!
    Got to see the band arrive and then got a scalped ticket, this definitely makes up for spending the last 24 hours in bed with a messed up stomach!

Just after landing myself into the world premiere of PJ20, its gonna be weird watching a film in a theatre that literally holds thousands!
    Got to see the band arrive and then got a scalped ticket, this definitely makes up for spending the last 24 hours in bed with a messed up stomach!

This is a leftover from backspacer. If you put it between got some and fixer, it works brilliantly, or fixer and johnny guitar. It brings those songs somewhere new. I like it but it does wear it's heart on it's sleeve in terms of influence. This is pearl jam being sarcastic and having fun. Go with it.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

hopefully somebody can help me! I've tried everything to book tickets for "Twenty" in the Kilkenny omniplex, its advertised on their page on the omniplex website, but there is no link to buy tickets, when i go to the specific day Tuesday the 20th, there's no listings up yet, I tried calling but its only an automated process which will only let me book whats currently being shown.

Head most definitively wrecked!

TB

Advertisement