Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Hey guys,

hopefully somebody can help me! I've tried everything to book tickets for "Twenty" in the Kilkenny omniplex, its advertised on their page on the omniplex website, but there is no link to buy tickets, when i go to the specific day Tuesday the 20th, there's no listings up yet, I tried calling but its only an automated process which will only let me book whats currently being shown.

Head most definitively wrecked!

TB

This is proving to be a bit of a pain for ya mate!! Can you physically call into them if its handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nah its the closest cinema showing it, but its still bout 40 minute drive away. I'm gonna try get a number for the actual cinema tomorrow, the one i'm calling now is the nationwide omniplex number that links you to the cinema.

Out of interest how did you get your tickets?

Booked them through the Wexford Omniplex website,thankfully 'twas pretty straight forward

Booked them through the Wexford Omniplex website,thankfully 'twas pretty straight forward

Just attempted to book through Wexford, I end up at the same dead end! could be my browser, could you have a go at booking them in Kilkenny and see if you are able? :(:(

Il give it a bash,only on iPod touch for now but will try it later. Dont have the patience for those kinda things on these devices!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I had a look there for ya, could book for Wexford but not for Kilkenny, it wasn't showing up on the drop down menu. Your only consolation is that it's obviously gonna be the same for everyone trying to book, just keep an eye on the website Wednesday or Thursday when they probably change the listings for next week if you can't get in contact with them before then.

I had a look there for ya, could book for Wexford but not for Kilkenny, it wasn't showing up on the drop down menu. Your only consolation is that it's obviously gonna be the same for everyone trying to book, just keep an eye on the website Wednesday or Thursday when they probably change the listings for next week if you can't get in contact with them before then.

Thanks, I was just worried that i was doing something wrong that didn't allow me to book, but everyone else could. hope their not sold out.

TB

Just tried myself there for ya too and got the same result as Captain M. Hopefully you'll get something sorted

Cheers lads, will report back tomorrow!

cant get the number for the cinema as they only operate through the omniplex hotline number, cant get an operator on the hotline number,

This is no fun :p

• Advertisement

Man that's the pits. Is it possible Kilkenny isn't showing it or was it on the list posted on the PJ website? You certainly are bring made to work for this!!

Yeah its possible maybe their not showing it alright, but it does say they are, I've mailed the omniplex people to see what the craic is, lets see if they reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Won tickets to a preview screening oh PJ20 tonight! Can't bloody wait!! I'll come back with thoughts later. Spoiler on em of course!

david75 wrote: »
    Won tickets to a preview screening oh PJ20 tonight! Can't bloody wait!! I'll come back with thoughts later. Spoiler on em of course!

In the RTE competition? :mad:

Well done!

In the RTE competition? :mad:

Well done!

Sony legacy competition me mate entered for me. Cannot wait!

Purchased! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Enjoy it, it is a really great doc, and some of the unseen video is amazing.
    On another note, what another amazing show last night we got, great set, FULL Chloe Dancer into Crown of Thorns, Neil Young coming out. Trust me, it was hard to sleep last night!

Hurray!

Nice one,congrats!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Can't wait to see this, hopefully a dvd release will have more unseen footage thrown in

• Advertisement

Can't wait to see this, hopefully a dvd release will have more unseen footage thrown in

Apparently 4 hours worth, according to one of the producers or something after the second showing this afternoon here in toronto

Apparently 4 hours worth, according to one of the producers or something after the second showing this afternoon here in toronto

I will most certainly be having some of that!!!
    Roll on next Tuesday

I CANNOT wait!

Have any of the cinemas sold out yet?

Wow. I've been moved by PJ live on occasion, but never before by watching them on film. This changed all that. It's mad good. Powerful performances one after another, a well told tale, sorta by way of snapshot narrative in the music. I dunno how many times I thought 'aw please show all this!' but it'd switch all too soon. Really hope the extended edition surfaces:) a couple of alarming revelations, and some mad cool inside stories. This is special. Felt kinda validated after it. This is a great ****ing band, and you sorta feel proud to have been part of that all these years in the face of others derision and ridicule. They didnt give in, they kept goin and held themselves with a lot of grace and dignity even if it may have been turmoil beneath the surface. And they're still a great band.
    Long may they run. Think everyone in the PJ fanbase is gonna love this film across the board and the only complaint is gonna be that it isn't longer.

Can't wait to see it again:)

Wow. I've been moved by PJ live on occasion, but never before by watching them on film. This changed all that. It's mad good. Powerful performances one after another, a well told tale, sorta by way of snapshot narrative in the music. I dunno how many times I thought 'aw please show all this!' but it'd switch all too soon. Really hope the extended edition surfaces:) a couple of alarming revelations, and some mad cool inside stories. This is special. Felt kinda validated after it. This is a great ****ing band, and you sorta feel proud to have been part of that all these years in the face of others derision and ridicule. They didnt give in, they kept goin and held themselves with a lot of grace and dignity even if it may have been turmoil beneath the surface. And they're still a great band.
    Long may they run. Think everyone in the PJ fanbase is gonna love this film across the board and the only complaint is gonna be that it isn't longer.

Well done,you said a lot about how good the film is without giving anything away!! Can't wait to see it next week but might have to avoid this thread til then incase someone else spills some spoilers!
    TBF,I think most long term fans know most of the stories in one way,shape,or form but it's great to have a film to pull it all together

That's exactly the same feeling I had, and contemplated going this afternoon but for I wanted to do a bit of exploring.
    I think its fair to say every section of it sucks you in and next thing BAM its onto another part. The two hours flew

Be great to see the band between vitalogy and yield when they really shyed away from media attention. Around the time of the no code sessions would be interesting if they showed much of it in the movie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Please dunnae be givin' too much away for the rest of us!

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Please dunnae be givin' too much away for the rest of us!

I won't:)

PJ20 book is €22 in hmv grafton st. They got it in today. It's €37 everywhere else.

Advertisement