Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What has Glen Hansard got to do with Pearl Jam coming here?
    Surely you'd be better off badgering MCD/Aiken etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Apparently (it's somewhere earlier in this thread), they've recorded a few songs together and they've played live together as well. It is a bit of a long shot, but it'd be great to see Eddie performing in Dublin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Glen Hansard would be good friends with Eddie and Pearl Jam and played a lot of support gigs with them and even PJ20 festival. I'm sure he could send him a quick text

"hi Edz, Me mtz sd plz play Dub soon, K thnx xxx Glenzo."

Shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Eddie has been touring with him in his solo shows the past couple of years. Also recorded songs together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Eddie has been touring with him in his solo shows the past couple of years. Also recorded songs together.

i Wonder how much would be involved if Glen just said hey ed come over for one or two gigs when your free?surely any venue owner would give his left nut for a gig like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Seen Pearl Jam 5 times, love em to bits. Would be great to see Eddie play in Dublin again - it'd be another chance for him to tell that awful story about the Point ;)

Don't think it would work now that it's the o2. Would be great to see Eddie in the Olympia though. I don't know if he'd sell out the O2 alone... I could be very wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The Olympia would be savage. Saw Chris Cornell there on his Songbook tour last year, and it was honestly one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Soundgarden, ToTD, Audioslave, solo stuff, covers.....an unbelievable evening that I wont forget. Would love to see Eddie do a tour with something similar. He's got plenty of material for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eddie with 2 nights at Vicar Street....dreamland!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

New pj single 'mind your manners' next month!! http://grungereport.net/?p=25813

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

david75 wrote: »
    New pj single 'mind your manners' next month!! http://grungereport.net/?p=25813

Unusual title for a PJ song.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I smell a European tour in 2014!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not sure if this was posted, but full lollapalooza set from Brazil this year -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orgWG3clWlo

Watching pj20 again. Phone interview with andy towards the start. 'Well if I don't make it I want my band to be the band of the 90s'. Prophetic

Countdown clock on the website. Probably the new single/album announcement. Just need the tour now. Got the stick man tattoo'd onto me the other day!

Mushy wrote: »
    Countdown clock on the website. Probably the new single/album announcement. Just need the tour now. Got the stick man tattoo'd onto me the other day!

Got that email the other day, pain in the arse. Wouldn't have thought about it if they didn't say anything.

Visited my Mothers a couple of weeks back and she said some stuff arrived for me. I almost threw it out but I thought maybe you'd want it. It was my xmas single vinyl and Deep magazine :eek:. I'd have been quite upset if it was binned, even though I have no record player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I renewed my Ten Club subscription there just in case this countdown announcement also involves a tour.

I renewed my Ten Club subscription there just in case this countdown announcement also involves a tour.

I'm thinking of subscribing, its fairly inevitable soon sure!

Anyone here a current member? Just curious, when they changed their membership types to analogue and digital you got a t-shirt for paying so much more for analogue. Didn't get anything when I renewed though :mad:.

Sorry to be the kill joy but 0.1% chance of Pj coming back to Europe before summer next year. At least. If they follow established patterns they will do an autumn US tour, then Australia in winter and Europe In summer.
    Don't bother renewing if that's what you're hoping for.
    Unless you're planning on travelling to the states for shows this autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

david75 wrote: »
    Sorry to be the kill joy but 0.1% chance of Pj coming back to Europe before summer next year. At least. If they follow established patterns they will do an autumn US tour, then Australia in winter and Europe In summer.
    Don't bother renewing if that's what you're hoping for.
    Unless you're planning on travelling to the states for shows this autumn.

I reckon that's what people are hoping tbh, I don't think anyone expects them here before then, but tickets are bound to go on sale a lot sooner then that, it seems most major shows go on sale up to a year (sometimes longer) these days and the last o2 show they did here sold out instantly so I'd expect the same again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I reckon that's what people are hoping tbh, I don't think anyone expects them here before then, but tickets are bound to go on sale a lot sooner then that, it seems most major shows go on sale up to a year (sometimes longer) these days and the last o2 show they did here sold out instantly so I'd expect the same again.

A trip down to Thomond Park would go down well this side of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

A word to the wise, I bought a ten club memberdhip after back spacer I think. It worked out grand for getting tix for the show in the o2 in London, but when they announced the Dublin / Belfast shows a year later, they staggered the ticket releases, releasing the tix for the Dublin and Belfast shows before the other UK and European shows, and didn't give any preference to geographical location ( I think the previous year the tickets were only available to European members for a day or 2 first), so you had the whole ten club crashing the site the minute the Dublin and Belfast shows went on sale. Ended up getting them through ticketmaster a few days later no bother, but jaysus it was a stressful few hours on ten club trying to get them.
    Tl:Dr: don't join ten club solely to get tickets. It will break your heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

A word to the wise, I bought a ten club memberdhip after back spacer I think. It worked out grand for getting tix for the show in the o2 in London, but when they announced the Dublin / Belfast shows a year later, they staggered the ticket releases, releasing the tix for the Dublin and Belfast shows before the other UK and European shows, and didn't give any preference to geographical location ( I think the previous year the tickets were only available to European members for a day or 2 first), so you had the whole ten club crashing the site the minute the Dublin and Belfast shows went on sale. Ended up getting them through ticketmaster a few days later no bother, but jaysus it was a stressful few hours on ten club trying to get them.
    Tl:Dr: don't join ten club solely to get tickets. It will break your heart.

Same happened to me, id say go with o2 priority with ticketmaster instead of ten club.

Really the only point to 10c membership with regards tickets is if you live in the US where all gigs are seated. And even my American pals have the shots up about that now cos the seniority system is gone, but simply put the band got tired of looking at the same faces every single night, mostly people of a certain age who just sat down a lot ofthe time(I know them all they won't mind me saying that)

The lottery system for front two Rows is a godsend of you're lucky enough to get it but 10c rigg even that so it's really pointless being a member for tickets.

This time tomorrow we'll know what the countdown is about.

My money is on a double album.

North American Tour. Another countdown is in place too! Can't imagine Europe getting shows announced this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Mushy wrote: »
    North American Tour. Another countdown is in place too! Can't imagine Europe getting shows announced this early.

Second countdown has to be album info.
    I'd still be hopeful for a Euro tour next summer, announced towards end of this year.

Soundgarden in September will have to keep us going until then.

Second countdown has to be album info.
    I'd still be hopeful for a Euro tour next summer, announced towards end of this year.

Soundgarden in September will have to keep us going until then.

Yeah I'm thinking same. Or else Oz tour for early next year, play the festival circuit over there.

• Advertisement

Did you guys watch the video to go with the announcement? Sounds like two new songs. One dark and atmospheric and the other very like Go but reminiscent of old school soundgarden.
    Excited to hear this new record.

Advertisement