Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

2000 is the capacity..same as the Olympia roughly

this will be so sweet for anyone managing to get tickets....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

I wonder what percentage of tickets HMV will make available in their pre-sale? I can't find it written anywhere. It's a really small venue alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I wonder what percentage of tickets HMV will make available in their pre-sale? I can't find it written anywhere. It's a really small venue alright.

They haven't mentioned it anywhere, I did ask though, just waiting on them to get back to me.

Also note that O2 (UK) will be doing a presale for this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

the fixer...
    it's just a clip but it sounds great..it'll be hitting radio on monday
    http://www.savefile.com/files/2154069

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

jenizzle wrote: »
    They haven't mentioned it anywhere, I did ask though, just waiting on them to get back to me.

Also note that O2 (UK) will be doing a presale for this too.

Do you know if o2 ireland customers can avail of this?
    the fixer...
    it's just a clip but it sounds great..it'll be hitting radio on monday
    http://www.savefile.com/files/2154069

I tried listening to it but that chatter over it just ruins the song for me. I'll wait until Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

As much as it pains me I cannot even try for shepards bush tix, just too skint at the minute! Was at oxegen last week, heading for the two uk shows next month and gotta book a holiday in thailand for a few moths time, I know ill probably regret it! At the end of the day I was at the Astoria in '06 so at least I did see them in a tiny venue once!

Tom65 wrote: »
    Do you know if o2 ireland customers can avail of this?

I tried listening to it but that chatter over it just ruins the song for me. I'll wait until Monday.

Tom, I'm pretty sure that you can't get O2 presales if a customer in a different country, I've definitely read that somewhere else......but def worth checking out.....
    decided I'd pre-order the album anyway.....

From PearlJam.com
    Do you live in the UK? Do you want to go gigging? We are pleased to announce an additional opportunity to see Pearl Jam live on their European Tour ... on August 11, 2009, the band will perform at the intimate Shepherd's Bush Empire in London, England and the Ten Club wants to give you a chance to attend.

THIS PRE-SALE IS LIMITED TO UK AND IRELAND MEMBERS ONLY. Ten Club pre-sale tickets will be available online only at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard. No phone, mail, or email orders.

The Ten Club ticket pre-sale will start at 5pm UK local time (9am Pacific) on July 20th and end promptly at 8pm UK local time (12pm Pacific) on July 21st. You must be active as of July 15th, 2009 and your Ten Club address must reside in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) or Ireland to qualify.

Excellent. I really like that they included Ireland. It's helpful for me :D

The first line freaked me out, I thought that it was UK only! But they have included us - YEY! *crosses fingers*

Brilliant news! best of luck lads n ladies!

• Advertisement

Would any of you care to hazard a guess as to how many 10c members there are in Ireland? There must be at least 5 :P I wonder if they've allocated a certain percentage to Irish peeps :rolleyes:

are all these presales not getting a little confusing ?????

so that's 3 different pre-sales for a gig in a venue with a 2,000 capacity ?
    which gets priority, how many available in each presale.......

like I said before - good luck to everyone, but the odds of getting a ticket are actually getting worse by the day......

Nibbs- AND a general public sale on thursday! go figure! theres only a tiny amount pf Pj fanclub members in the UK and Ireland I'm told so we'll see...

I know a few 10c members in Ireland. In reality there could be enough to fill Shepherd's Bush Empire, probably not though. I was at a gig there in Dec 2007, it's very small and not as well kept as the Olympia. I know it's got a lot of history, but how can they justify playing in that tiny venue, as well as the arena gigs in London and Manchester when there isn't a single Irish date? I'm so disappointed in the band, that night should have been used for an Irish date. Instead all we get is an inclusion for the fan club presale, which is badly worded and sort of implies that we're part of the UK or includes us as an after-thought. For a band known for their issues with Ticketmaster in the past, they've certainly sold out this time with the whole "pre-order the new album in HMV to be in with a tiny chance to purchase a ticket to see the band" and the O2 pre-sale, which speaks for itself. Pearl Jam are my favourite band. My Boards name is based on words from a PJ song:)... Anyone else feeling disillusioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭loudog

I'm 15 and a huge fan, I thought Eddie Vedders work on into the wild was amazing too. Love "Alone" the version with alice in Chains and "Last Kiss"

loudog wrote: »
    I'm 15 and a huge fan, I thought Eddie Vedders work on into the wild was amazing too. Love "Alone" the version with alice in Chains and "Last Kiss"

"Alone" isn't actually Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains at all! It's by a band called Downface. But you're not alone* in thinking it's a PJ/AIC song... it was released onto the internet years ago crediting them, possibly as a publicity stunt. Nice song though.

* Sorry, PNI.

I know a few 10c members in Ireland. In reality there could be enough to fill Shepherd's Bush Empire, probably not though. I was at a gig there in Dec 2007, it's very small and not as well kept as the Olympia. I know it's got a lot of history, but how can they justify playing in that tiny venue, as well as the arena gigs in London and Manchester when there isn't a single Irish date? I'm so disappointed in the band, that night should have been used for an Irish date. Instead all we get is an inclusion for the fan club presale, which is badly worded and sort of implies that we're part of the UK or includes us as an after-thought. For a band known for their issues with Ticketmaster in the past, they've certainly sold out this time with the whole "pre-order the new album in HMV to be in with a tiny chance to purchase a ticket to see the band" and the O2 pre-sale, which speaks for itself. Pearl Jam are my favourite band. My Boards name is based on words from a PJ song:)... Anyone else feeling disillusioned?

Nah I don't feel disillusioned. They're only doing a mini tour and for us to be included in that presale at all suggests to me theres just about enough members here and in the UK to fill the place. it really isn't that many, there are only a tiny number of members here and in the UK..They'll be back next year don't worry.

They'll be back next year don't worry.

Are you sure? They've overlooked Ireland in the past, in fact they've only played here twice, as far as I know. The played in The Point both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Are you sure? They've overlooked Ireland in the past, in fact they've only played here twice, as far as I know. The played in The Point both times.

Point 06(Avocado)
    Point 00(Binaural)
    Point 96(No Code)
    Mill Street 96(No Code)
    RDS 95(Neil Young/Mirrorball)
    Slane 93(Vs.)

They have skpped us plenty of times guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

just saw the video for even flow on mtv2 about an hour ago,
    it's that video that got me into pearl jam all of 17 yrs ago. it's
    ironic that i stumble upon this thread now.

• Advertisement

Point 06(Avocado)
    Point 00(Binaural)
    Point 96(No Code)
    Mill Street 96(No Code)
    RDS 95(Neil Young/Mirrorball)
    Slane 93(Vs.)

They have skpped us plenty of times guys!

Wow, I stand corrected. Thanks for the list! I would have loved to see them in 1996. Or 1995... had I been old enough to appreciate it. But yes, we definitely have been skipped a lot.

I don't think we've been left out any more than any other country. Could be worse, we could live in the South :p

I couldn't give a hoot about them "selling out", tbh. Some people are getting way too sensitive about the whole thing with HMV and Target. I'm gonna try for the tickets next week, and if I don't succeed, I still have Berlin, Manchester, London and the two shows in Seattle to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

hi jenizzle, are you travelling to seattle just to see them?

They've only skipped Ireland twice! in 92 and 07! if you have the special deluxe edition, in there somewhere is a tour list and a gig in the SFX in Dublin listed for 92! somehow it didn't happen sadly..

Also they started the tour here in 06(and the No Code tour started here too!) but little known fact, they rented the whole Point out for a week for rehearsals in 06!! I was working there at the time and didn't even know about it!! ragin!!

don't worry, they said they arent touring next year cos someones havin a baby but they'llbe back! the Dublin thread is the biggest thread over on the pit! That probably doesnt count for anything but I've been lucky enough to meet them a few times and they said they always enjoy coming to dublin..wish they'd finish a tour here for once..that'd be amazing :)

fluke wrote: »
    hi jenizzle, are you travelling to seattle just to see them?

Yep! Where better to see them than in their home town?! I'm going for 9 days, and I have 10c tickets to both their shows there.

jenizzle wrote: »
    Yep! Where better to see them than in their home town?! I'm going for 9 days, and I have 10c tickets to both their shows there.

Nice :D I booked a ticket for the second show. will be over in Vancouver by that then so will pop over to seattle for the gig

New song The Fixer is out today. I like it. It's very, very catchy. It's streaming at the 10C myspace.

Or for those of us who can't get Myspace in work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

when i was a young teen in the early 90s, you could like nirvana or pearl jam. but definitely not both. it would warrant a good hiding if that were the case. but it was PJ all the way for me. the song that hooked me was even flow. and i havent looked back since. also around the mid nineties stone gossard brought out an album with another band called BRAD. the album was called INTERIORS. very good album and you can hear the PJ influence in some of the songs. my two favourite songs on that album are secret girl and the day brings.

• Advertisement

joeduggan wrote: »
    when i was a young teen in the early 90s, you could like nirvana or pearl jam. but definitely not both. it would warrant a good hiding if that were the case. but it was PJ all the way for me. the song that hooked me was even flow. and i havent looked back since. also around the mid nineties stone gossard brought out an album with another band called BRAD. the album was called INTERIORS. very good album and you can hear the PJ influence in some of the songs. my two favourite songs on that album are secret girl and the day brings.

I must check that out, I hven't really listened to much of stone's music other than his work with PJ, yet I listened to the newish stuff on his myspace page recently and he sounded great!

Advertisement