Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I don't like s/t or BS at all :o Force of Nature is just bland, to me. I guess my musical interests are different to the direction they took after RA. There hasn't really been a song that's completely stopped me in my tracks, aside from maybe Inside Job. After the disaster that was the album version of Speed of Sound, I started losing faith.

I remember the first time I heard Binaural (and previous albums), and it left me speechless. That just hasn't happened since. I'm in no way optimistic for the new album from what I've heard. Ah well, there's plenty more music in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

jenizzle wrote: »
    I don't like s/t or BS at all :o Force of Nature is just bland, to me. I guess my musical interests are different to the direction they took after RA. There hasn't really been a song that's completely stopped me in my tracks, aside from maybe Inside Job. After the disaster that was the album version of Speed of Sound, I started losing faith.

I remember the first time I heard Binaural (and previous albums), and it left me speechless. That just hasn't happened since. I'm in no way optimistic for the new album from what I've heard. Ah well, there's plenty more music in the world!

Unfortunately Jen I agree with nearly all of this! :(

I really only like the last 3 tracks on Avocado (although I find the album fits well as one piece of music). And maybe Amongst The Waves and Unthought Known off Backspacer. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'm not hopeful for the new one either. But the lead single is never ever representative of the record. MYM has geown in me somewhat Though that song future days. I can't say anything kind really. I can hear what he's trying to do (Bruce Springsteen) but its sort of awful.

Pj have never done a title track for an album before.
    And this isn't inspiring any confidence really
    [

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Hopefully those two demos were intentional leaks from within the PJ camp because they knock the socks off anything the band has done in a while.

• Advertisement

Sadly they're very definitely from the avocado sessions. Doesn't mean that they won't appear on the new one and 10c whipping them off the Internet would suggest it, but pj were never ones for market research via leaks exactly.

That's sad in a way. Hopefully the new album will have the sort of material on it that will pull fans back in who feel a bit disconnected and 'meh' after the last 2 releases. As much as I like BS myself, if Lighting Bolt is merely an extension of the sounds going on there I will be a bit disappointed myself.

P.S. I'm sorry Jen, but for reasons known Force of Nature will forever be your song as far as I'm concerned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Scored a ticket for the first show in New York on October 18th, Cant wait ! Will be my first time seeing Pearl Jam live.

stankratz wrote: »
    P.S. I'm sorry Jen, but for reasons known Force of Nature will forever be your song as far as I'm concerned :D

Hahaha thanks :pac: The only song that encourages me to go on a smoke break
    Scored a ticket for the first show in New York on October 18th, Cant wait ! Will be my first time seeing Pearl Jam live.

I found my first live PJ experience very surreal! You'll love it :D

Hahaha thanks :pac: The only song that encourages me to go on a smoke break

I found my first live PJ experience very surreal! You'll love it :D

One man's Evenflow is another girl's Force Of Nature :pac:

• Advertisement

Evenflow.. Still the original and best piss break song.

In other news.. Yep. That's ed with one direction
    null-484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

david75 wrote: »
    In other news.. Yep. That's ed with one direction

Whaaaatt??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

347.gif

Don't think there's currently a gif on the infinite internet that could match my facial expression on seeing that photo of Ed and One Direction, i wish I got to see the expression myself!

'I just fell down the stairs while holding a guitar and wrote a One Direction song' - Will Ferrell

P.S. Just copped the 1D background in the photo, what are the bets that Eddie's daughter is a massive fan and that's why he's there, just like any other civie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Or maybe Ed's a big One Direction fan!!

Or maybe Ed's a big One Direction fan!!

90s-early 00s Ed: No fúcking way.
    08-present Ed: Who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

does anyone actually know where it is etc?and why hes there?

So my fears are coming to fruition. Pearl Jam are headlining Big Day Out, a one day festival in Aus and New Zealand in January and February. I guarantee when they play Europe I'll be in Austalia! :mad:

NothingMan wrote: »
    So my fears are coming to fruition. Pearl Jam are headlining Big Day Out, a one day festival in Aus and New Zealand in January and February. I guarantee when they play Europe I'll be in Austalia! :mad:

Don't go to Australia then - problem solved :P

Don't go to Australia then - problem solved :P

But girls wear so little over there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-pearl-jam-producer-brendan-obrien-on-the-making-of-lightning-bolt-20130731

Good interview there with Brendan O'Brien about the making of the new record and some other stuff. Pretty cool to read about the Mirrorball tour with Neil Young.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Good interview there with Brendan O'Brien about the making of the new record and some other stuff. Pretty cool to read about the Mirrorball tour with Neil Young.

My sister was at the Slane where Neil Young headlined with PJ supporting and Neil Young's band were the 4 PJ musicians... bitch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really hope they do an Irish date next year . Dying to see them live

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really hope they do an Irish date next year . Dying to see them live

Travel if you must....its worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

So difficult to get tickets here, they sell out so fast. Saw them in Dublin in 2005, was brilliant 1st time seeing them live. Had to travel to see them to Rock Werchter Festival in Belgium in 2010 and 2012. Worth traveling to see, got to go right up the front in the pit easy peasy there. In Dublin you'd probably get elbowed in the face for trying :)

Surely the cards are falling nicely for a Summer 2014 Euro tour of some description. Austrailia/New Zealand dates were posted yesterday for January/February. I'd be saving some cash to be parted with sometime this coming autumn, just a feeling.

Can Ireland be lucky to get a date, let alone 2 within a 1.5 hour drive of each other like 2010? I liked Dublin, but Belfast was a different beast for me altogether, set-wise anyway. The pessimist/realist inside says we will be lucky to get a Dublin date. But they did sell-out their Point 2006 and Dublin 2010 shows in minutes, and have used the place to rehearse in days prior to those gigs as they were the opening shows of the respective tours. Plus they flew over us on their Euro tour last summer. So i'm going air on the side of optimism and go for 2 nights at the O2, happened for Manchester last year:o

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I'm pretty confident of at least one Irish date next year, if not at least I know my passport is up to date and I will travel.

I hope so as I've just about recovered my finances after the last few years of galavanting around to see them!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Travel if you must....its worth it!

Yea you are prob right ha . Yea what about a Pheonix Park gig?

• Advertisement

No, not, never hopefully. Irish outdoor gigs are a disaster.

Advertisement