Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Finally got around to making o gif of Ed tripping in the Cornice DVD :D

71lfsm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

david75 wrote: »
    These sets have been getting better and better.

This Phantom PJ competition is today. Best of luck to any and all that are finalists. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing for it but ill be there anyways. Bricking it

Comp turned out to be a bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

DD Mikasa wrote: »

What was it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

DD Mikasa wrote: »

I can't say anything without sounding like a bitter loser.
    They were original in the questions but the questions they asked were ridiculous and ensuing answers almost all wrong or inaccurate.
    The ad pumped the idea you had to be Ireland's biggest pearl jam fan. This didn't come into it at all. Until the very end and the final three.
    And the guy that won in the end. Less said the better. Ah well. Hope he has a good trip.

I actually dont know what happened after the stupid donut challenge - no idea who won or what happened after that but they got rid of most contestants in ridiculous fashion. That question at the start, i got thru that but put no thought into the answer as figured it was for some tie-break situation late on. Question was 'what is the distance in km between Dublin and Seattle' - they got rid of 75% of contestants based on that! I'd have been livid to go out on that

Yeah it's hard not to sound like a bad loser - alto wasnt it Roy Keane who said "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

why couldnt they just have done something to find the biggest PJ fan like they had advertised?

• Advertisement

Exactly what I was wondering.

Why spend a month pumping this thing and advertising it like that only to have it be not about pearl jam. At all.

Last time I bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Was definitely a farce. Got through to the donut comp but was talking to some big fans who lost at the geography question. I had a tooth surgically extracted on Tuesday, when I saw them setting up food I knew I was out.
    The second last question was the seating capacity of the venue for the gig. No idea what I'd have answered for that.
    Even the final round a guy got a question right (Ten went 13x platinum) and they said he was wrong. Think he's the one who won in the end though.

I'm not bitter that I didn't win but I am annoyed that to get to the final 3 you didn't need to have even heard of pearl jam. The free pizza softened the blow though :/

Nah the fella who said 13 times platinum didn't win.
    He was right though according to all available info. But they didn't specify where. Platinum or Ireland? US? Worldwide?

Total sham. Ah well

Really? Did the 13x platinum question cost him the trip? Sounds dodgy if that's the case.

I was standing next to you for the donut round NothingMan - we were both saying this was ridiculous before the round even started

Phones should have been taken off us too. I didn't see it but two girls I know saw the guy who eventually won get told the key arena question by his mate before he was called up to answer it and rhey saw him googling it. Might explain how he got it to within 50 people.
    And the other guy with the 13 times platinum, if feel really ripped off if I was him.

• Advertisement

Ah now...

How to mess up a competition - contact Phantom

The guy who won clearly knew his trivia but if it was the other guy who got the platinum question it would have put him in with a good shout. If he did google the question it was just bad form. I had heard the distance question when they asked the first person but no way was I taking out my phone to google it, it's just bad form and should be disqualified. Although I still disagree with the randon non PJ questions.

As for the donut DD, you were disqualified because you had some left. I had stopped eating and was looking, several people didn't finish it but their judges weren't as harsh and they went through. Our guy meant business. Was a complete sham.

Have to blame myself. Was trying to be too smart. I actually left it a few seconds before starting thinking the licking the lips thing would be the issue. I figured you could plow thru one of them fairly quickly. Thirty seconds later with no saliva in mouth to swallow twas a different story

Annoyed with self. Annoyed with the competition.

At least PJ are blame free...

You can hear Ed and Glen Hansard from the EP doing Drive All Night over at Rolling Stone
    http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news/glen-hansard-covers-springsteens-drive-all-night-song-premiere-20131105

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Made a playlist of the Charlottsville show on Spotify, just the studio versions though. Been getting me hrough work, its so damn good! Goes really fast though/

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=37978

http://www.e-pages.dk/gaffa/516/html5/32/full

Sweet stuff! San Siro in Milan is rumoured/apparent venue.

Here's what I know about Italian Pj crowds. They'll hit you and put out cigarettes on your arm to get past you and closer to the stage.
    Don't think I'll be going to this one.

Ps grungereport or whatever it's called now just reports whatever they see on forums like this. No basis in fact at all.

The Danish link is an article with quotes from Stone about touring in Europe next June. First rumoured date is Milan, whether it'll be first show is another thing.

Glastonbury is looking likely too.

I hope they stick to own shows.

• Advertisement

Me too but they won't.
    Festivals are where the money's at.

Apparently I have a package at home. Could my pre-ordered copy of Lighning Bolt posted to arrive on release date finally be here....???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

NothingMan wrote: »
    Apparently I have a package at home. Could my pre-ordered copy of Lighning Bolt posted to arrive on release date finally be here....???

Haha, my CD arrived this morning. I still haven't seen any sign of my vinyl yet.

A snail called lightning bolt:)

I finally got my copy of Lightning Bolt, who do they use as couriers?

I also got a package with a patch, some stickers and an A4 Ten Club poster, anyone else get this or is this cos my membership recently renewed?

The dates are a week apart but they arrived together. There is a return address in Belgium, maybe things take ages because they get shipped to Belgium, then held for a few weeks for waffle related reasons before being sent to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

NothingMan wrote: »
    I finally got my copy of Lightning Bolt, who do they use as couriers?

I also got a package with a patch, some stickers and an A4 Ten Club poster, anyone else get this or is this cos my membership recently renewed?

The dates are a week apart but they arrived together. There is a return address in Belgium, maybe things take ages because they get shipped to Belgium, then held for a few weeks for waffle related reasons before being sent to us?

The delivieries are dire, take absolutely ages.
    I got that membership renewal pack too, the badges/ stickers and a poster.

I'll be switching to a digital membership next year, analogue just not worth it anymore.

The delivieries are dire, take absolutely ages.
    I got that membership renewal pack too, the badges/ stickers and a poster.

I'll be switching to a digital membership next year, analogue just not worth it anymore.

The first year they did Analogue I got a shoit t-shirt, nothing the next uear, then that pack this year. Not really a great deal for $50 but I do like to collext my Vinyl's at xmas(anywhere between July and October the following year). I have 'em all since 06 and the only real memorobilia I have bar a few ill fitting t-shirts.

null_zps794993f7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Full tour on the way so?
    Hello Knights of the Soundtable faithful,

I will be taking 2014 off from Soundgarden touring due to prior commitments promoting "Lightning Bolt" with my brothers in Pearl Jam and the desire to have more time at home with my family. I am trying to balance the many twists and turns of my awesome music career. This is temporary. I am still an active member of Soundgarden. Chris, Ben, Kim and I are in the process of finding the perfect substitute for the upcoming Soundgarden dates in 2014.

Thank you all for listening and the Years of Support!

Loudest of Love.
    Matt Cameron

Advertisement