Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Mushy wrote: »
    Playing full set at Werchter so doesnt bother me with it being a festival!

Where is this confirmed??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Actually just after seeing the rest of the Werchter line up there, looks class. Black Keys and Pearl Jam are probably my two favourite bands, and AM aren't far off either. Will have to go with that if I can recruit some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Rock Werchter booked!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Does Werchter usually sell out early on? In the past when I've gone I'd buy tickets in December / Jan. A mate's contemplating getting a few of us going there for his stag, so I'm trying to steer everyone in that direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Where is this confirmed??

My understanding of the blurb announcing on the website. Think getting tix at weekend for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Have any of you been to the Open'r festival in Poland. It looks good value at €130 for a 4 day camping but only seems to PJ and the Black Keys confirmed so far

Yea, I've been a few times, it's quite good, bus gets you from the city (Gdynia) to the old airport (venue) in about 20mins...and from there the bus can continue to the end of the line and there's a beach.

Weather is usually pretty hot by that time of year.
    Vast majority of the staff speak English and unlike Irish festivals you can still get a pint up to around 3-4am....the music usually starts between 4-6pm and stops between 4-6am, depending on the day.

Flights to Gdansk can be steep, so flying to Frankfurt-Hahn, get a few pints and then flying on to Gdansk is usually way better on the pocket.

Camping can be a pain, because of the heat, you can rent flats in Gdynia/Sopot, Gdansk is a bit of a trek at 6am!
    Sopot is a good spot, ask any Irish soccer fan that was there during the Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Amsterdam and one of the 2 UK ones for me all going well. Suspect an Irish date will be done at some stage too,maybe that's more hope than expectation though!!

Do you think so?

I don't know what to do. Don't think anyone I know will travel too far to see them. Don't particularly want to go on my own. My 13 year old would love to go but that means me paying for his tickets, flights and accommodation as well as my own! Then take time off work aswell.

If they don't add an Irish date I don't think I'll manage anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Do you think so?

I don't know what to do. Don't think anyone I know will travel too far to see them. Don't particularly want to go on my own. My 13 year old would love to go but that means me paying for his tickets, flights and accommodation as well as my own! Then take time off work aswell.

If they don't add an Irish date I don't think I'll manage anything.

As I said,it's probably more hope than expectation but it will be 4 years since they did Dublin by June so u never know. It's usually a 4 year or so touring cycle they do,here's hoping anyway.
    I've registered for Amsterdam and Milton Keynes with Tenclub myself so if I get them then anything after that will be a bonus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

As I said,it's probably more hope than expectation but it will be 4 years since they did Dublin by June so u never know. It's usually a 4 year or so touring cycle they do,here's hoping anyway.
    I've registered for Amsterdam and Milton Keynes with Tenclub myself so if I get them then anything after that will be a bonus!!

Went to Manchester last time but that was only after buying my brother's ticket aswell as my own and had somewhere to stay...Really hoped they'd come back this time..

I'm so tempted for everything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'm just looking at it. This tour. Even two shows. Might be out of my price range. I need a ticket buddy probably but I'm still not sure I can afford it at all. :(

• Advertisement

My plan is to do 3 nights in Amsterdam with a mate for that gig and probably just the one night in MK with the brother. If they do Dublin or Belfast then the other half will get herself a treat for that!!
    Just have to figure out the time off in work,oh yeah,and how to finance it all!!

I just entered for Amsterdam, Trieste, Berlin and Leeds, here's hoping, we'll know this evening.

My plan is to do 3 nights in Amsterdam with a mate for that gig and probably just the one night in MK with the brother. If they do Dublin or Belfast then the other half will get herself a treat for that!!
    Just have to figure out the time off in work,oh yeah,and how to finance it all!!

BOOM,I was successful with Amsterdam and Milton Keynes through Tenclub. De-bloody-lighted!!
    Hope anyone that tried got what they wanted too

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

I got my 3 picks, Amsterdam, Vienna & Berlin. Hope everyone got their picks. Roll on the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Leeds GA and Milton Keynes here, the only two I entered for. Possibly going to hit Milan depending on flights. It will be interesting to see who they get for the bill in MK.

Looks like I'm in for Vienna Berlin and Leeds.
    My pal has a spare for Stockholm. Always wanted to go there.

Though If I pick just one more, I'll my 40th show.. Tough decisions.

Is Milton Keynes definitely going to sell out do you think? I imagine it will, but if I have some money in a few months time and there are tickets, I will end up at it.

Mushy wrote: »
    Is Milton Keynes definitely going to sell out do you think? I imagine it will, but if I have some money in a few months time and there are tickets, I will end up at it.

It may not sell out immediately but I doubt there will still be tickets to be had in a few months tbh

It may not sell out immediately but I doubt there will still be tickets to be had in a few months tbh

Aye thought as much. Sure we shall see what happens.

It's 65,000 capacity. I seriously doubt it will come close to selling out unless they get in some serious support acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Wulheide tix on sale tomorrow, will that be a fast sell out?

I'd say so. Wulheide and Leeds are gonna be the only sell outs I reckon.
    Go for it anyways and best of luck.

david75 wrote: »
    I'd say so. Wulheide and Leeds are gonna be the only sell outs I reckon.
    Go for it anyways and best of luck.

yep, touch wood - and mega brownie points for me with a trip to Berlin in June for herself...so she can go off and see the scenic spots and museums.

and I pop off to the gig Thursday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

leeds sorted on ticketmaster, just need to see where i will catch a second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Amsterdam sold out.

Got sorted for Leeds.

* Kept trying for Amsterdam, got sorted eventually!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

leeds sorted on ticketmaster, just need to see where i will catch a second one!

Did you manage to get standing? I couldn't get standing at 9.01 !

I got MK tickets though, hopefully another good act will be added!

Berlin sorted, after battling with ticketmasters German site for the last 20mins - was sold out but persisted and got 2 in the end, well chuffed :D

Berlin sorted, after battling with ticketmasters German site for the last 20mins - was sold out but persisted and got 2 in the end, well chuffed :D

Just done the same with their Dutch comrade's. I won eventully!!

Got sorted for Amsterdam!! Seated but I'm fookin delighted haha!!

There's a 2nd date added on the Dutch ticketmaster site, Tuesday as well as the original Monday show!!

• Advertisement

Amsterdam 2 is sold out or close to.
    Leeds second show will be added today I'm betting.
    Wish a second wulheide show would be added

Advertisement