Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Ticketwebs startup page tells me

"perl jam is SOLD OUT"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

once again sitting on the TicketWeb queue for 15+ mins telling me I was in a queue - but for what ???
    eventually refreshed saying it was now Sold Out - but surely that means you aren't in a queue at all, can't be that hard to not put people into a queuing system when there's more people in the queue than available tickets ???

I don't think I'll bother trying to get tickets for small shows like this again, had I known extra tickets were going to be released for the O2 I would have just booked flights for then and gone with that......these things become very frustrating......

good luck to anyone who managed to get tickets, I'm sure the show will be amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

pearl jam are rubbish anyway :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I agree with everything that's been said. No new HMV tickets,Ticketweb "queue" for me went very, very slowly, then timed out, then jumped around a bit. I still have it open, just it's just jumping around randomly.

10C have never been made look so good before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

anyone, ANYONE who has a spare please pm me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

this is where it gets insulting..so this morning the general public ticket sale happened and hundreds if not thousands of people were trying to buy tickets..i entered all my details, got 2 in my basket, hit buy, and the site crashes..no tickets, but!! the company took my money anyways! its showing up on my visa as purchase approved. the moneys gone and ticketweb(a TM subsidiary) are saying theyve no record of the transaction.
    Talk about *****!! always dreamed of seein Pj in the Olympia or a small venue like the Shepherds bush empire..now I won't AND I've been robbed into the bargain....

**** of a day...

I sent them a screen grab of my visa account showing the transaction and i've called them and i'm waiting on a callback..theyve mailed me to say they can definitely see the sale went through so theyre gonna track it down today..

and just to add there are now pairs of tickets on ebay for this gig going for £800 sterling, and people are actually having to buy them..plus one of TM's scalper spinoff companies has plenty..funny that..sickening more like..

this is where it gets insulting..so this morning the general public ticket sale happened and hundreds if not thousands of people were trying to buy tickets..i entered all my details, got 2 in my basket, hit buy, and the site crashes..no tickets, but!! the company took my money anyways! its showing up on my visa as purchase approved. the moneys gone and ticketweb(a TM subsidiary) are saying theyve no record of the transaction.
    Talk about *****!! always dreamed of seein Pj in the Olympia or a small venue like the Shepherds bush empire..now I won't AND I've been robbed into the bargain....

**** of a day...

I sent them a screen grab of my visa account showing the transaction and i've called them and i'm waiting on a callback..theyve mailed me to say they can definitely see the sale went through so theyre gonna track it down today..

and just to add there are now pairs of tickets on ebay for this gig going for £800 sterling, and people are actually having to buy them..plus one of TM's scalper spinoff companies has plenty..funny that..sickening more like..

If they took the money Dime they've completed the transaction - they should therefore be providing you with your tickets, fingers crossed for you.......

Like I said I'm not going to go through this process again, I think I'll end up going to see them somewhere else in Europe next time, I just don't want all this crap.....really should have gone to Verona last time out.....doh!!!!!

But yeah, I don't see how subsidiary companies that do ticket auctions, or near as, can get tickets that are supposed to be in a general sale to resell them.........when is a consumer authority in any country going to ban these practices.....
    Nobody has to buy tickets from a scumbag on Ebay - and if nobody did you would soon see the practice stop, in reality we create the problems we complain about most - personally I would never, never pay money like that to some greedy git that has no intention of going to the show - if nobody bought the inflated price tickets they'd be left with them, they wouldn't get a refund for them and they wouldn't risk the purchase the next time......

Been onto consumer direct in London and made a detailed full complaint about ticketweb taking my money(aka a transaction) and me not receving my tickets. They are the UKs trading standards body for the consumer side.
    Really really let down by tenclub here too. This should have been a fanclub show and private with no need for ticketmaster or any of their scalping subsidiaries, but dealt with in house by them.

Really let down by them today. We all were.

Been onto consumer direct in London and made a detailed full complaint about ticketweb taking my money(aka a transaction) and me not receving my tickets. They are the UKs trading standards body for the consumer side.
    Really really let down by tenclub here too. This should have been a fanclub show and private with no need for ticketmaster or any of their scalping subsidiaries, but dealt with in house by them.

Really let down by them today. We all were.

It wasn't 10 Club's show though. It was organised by HMV. I think as part of Pearl Jam playing a gig, 10C get 10% of tickets. They did what they could with the tickets they had.

It was HMV and Ticketweb that were the f*ck ups here. HMV made a special presale that wasn't a presale and crashed for most people, then had a phantom second pre sale that also wasn't a presale. Ticketweb crashed, and then charged people for tickets they didn't had. 10C were as bad as neither of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 H2HSnake

Hi guys :] I have a question concerning Pearl Jam but a little offtopic :]
    Can anyone of You tell me if such t-shirts are available in any of music stores in Cork City? and area?or even in Irish stores?
    http://www.tshirtsville.com/acatalog/pearl_jam_t-shirt-2.html
    You see :] some bastard have stolen my favorite T-shirt which I bought in Chicago 8-9 years ago in Rolling Stone music store and he claims that he bought it in Cork this year (he might change his version of story to last year :])so i want to know if he is telling the truth.This t-shirt is very rare I think.If anyone of You own such t-shirt bought in Ireland or UK can tell me what is the tag? what's in there? RN number, a name of manufacturer, adress etc.
    Mine is Anvil knitwear inc, 228 east 46th st. New York, NY 10017
    RN 38819.
    If anyone of You can help me - thnx guys!! :] btw I've seen some new DVD of Peral Jam, dunno yet what's inside and I am not talking about "Immagine in Cornice"

• Advertisement

I deffo have seen that online to buy fella..no kiiding but if you google pearl jam setlist tshirt 2000, you'll find it..for cheap enough too!
    happy hunting and hope you find it!

GOT TWO TICKETS!!!
    deadly deadly deadly!!

GOT TWO TICKETS!!!
    deadly deadly deadly!!

Congrats Dime,
    did they apologise ?

if you need someone else to go with - I'm available :P

didnt get it from them!! kind of a backdoor complaint sorted it out..
    cant believe it, it's gonna be epic!

the hmv link has tickets again it seems..go get em!

sorry..meant the ticketweb link is selling tickets!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

dooood... well done :D

I dunno why I rushed to get tickets, I already have mine!

I am happier than a hundred thousand pigs in **** multiplied by a billion kids of a christmas morning :)

LOVE it!!

no support band for this gig and also no curfew..could be interesting!

Doors are at half 6, which means that they'd potentially be on at half 7 or so?

I also hope you didn't buy a ticket on ebay in the meantime, I've been trying to encourage people to wait!

I actually feel so feckin' lucky cos I managed to get the tickets on the first try. I even went to Belfast to get a UK O2 card just incase I needed it for the non-existant priority tickets! I'd kick myself if I didn't do my damndest though.

Where are your tickets for? A lot of people are gonna be sooo pissed when they find out there were tickets on sale at 10pm on a Friday! Maybe they put a pair on sale especially for you :D

jenizzle wrote: »
    Doors are at half 6, which means that they'd potentially be on at half 7 or so?

I also hope you didn't buy a ticket on ebay in the meantime, I've been trying to encourage people to wait!

I actually feel so feckin' lucky cos I managed to get the tickets on the first try. I even went to Belfast to get a UK O2 card just incase I needed it for the non-existant priority tickets! I'd kick myself if I didn't do my damndest though.

Where are your tickets for? A lot of people are gonna be sooo pissed when they find out there were tickets on sale at 10pm on a Friday! Maybe they put a pair on sale especially for you :D

I feel like cryin now.......
    nothing left now - dont get it, where are these additional tickets coming from ??????
    I'm not so much pissed as confused - where did you get word they were back onsale Dime ???
    I refuse to purchase tickets from Ebay - or any other touts, as I've said before.......but again congrats Dime....;)

Hey you never said wether you were bringing me or not ;)

• Advertisement

i mailed 3 hmv departments complaining i didnt get sent a single link in the preorder even though i ordered the album. a gentleman from hmv got back to me and sent me a link to buy tickets. bought them.
    the ticketweb guy ive been dealing with about my money not only alluded to extra dates(which i dont believe) but he DID say keep checking their website cos tickets will randomly appear and nearer the day especially.

also! go over anyways! Pjs people will hand out freebies on the day! they did at the Astoria gig! 50 tickets in fact!

as well as that, the SBE has no gigs for 5 nights before or after the Pj show so whatever about extra gigs, theyve definitely booked it for rehearsals..they were in the Point for a whole week rehearsing for the 06 tour and thats a fact!

you'll get one! just keep checking those 2 sites every few hours!

how sickening is it that there are any amount of tickets available on getmein.com and that ****e..it makes me sick..especially Pearl jam..not their fault i'm sure but you'd want or like to imagine they wouldnt let that happen at all.

ah crap anyway, how did i miss this? I'm staying in tommorrow night. is the hmvlink the presale link?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

the hmv link has tickets again it seems..go get em!

I think I love you!

Just used my old pre-release email link & bought 2 tickets to the gig, BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

:D:D:D:D

wehey, good on ye lads! :D:D

I'm delighted for ye! thats three people i've set up with that:)
    karmas a good thing!

I got tickets off a friend a few days ago. I don't want to come into this thread and boast, while everyone was still annoyed. Now I feel like I can come back :p

Were the ticket that were on sale last night standing?

i know this is a bit cheeky but is there anyone here willing to give me a dig out in getting a ticket... I didn't order throught the HMV link, I am in 10C and ahuge fan, just feel so gutted cos I feel like I am missing out :(

seem to be level three but i dongiveafup...it's gonna be incredible!

fortuneg wrote: »
    I think I love you!

Just used my old pre-release email link & bought 2 tickets to the gig, BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

:D:D:D:D

CONGRATS.....
    nothing there now of course, but will keep trying over the weekend, you never know...

• Advertisement

seem to be level three but i dongiveafup...it's gonna be incredible!

Yep, my tickets are level 3 as well. As long as level 3 is in the building, I'm happy :D

When is everyone here planning on flying out?

Advertisement