Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

sebcity wrote: »
    Are they playing again?! Loved them last time!

Yeah. The same place they played last year. Academy Green Room.

I'm planning a holiday for that week so hoping to be back early on the Saturday to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jeff and Kelly confirmed there will be a tour next year. Has been many rumblings lately, seemingly East coast US tour then Europe in summer.

Big event for 25 years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Mushy wrote: »
    Jeff and Kelly confirmed there will be a tour next year. Has been many rumblings lately, seemingly East coast US tour then Europe in summer.

Big event for 25 years too.

Any faint hope of an Irish date this time. Why have we been missed off the last few euro tours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Was reading about this earlier,very very good news!! I reckon they will include Ireland if they tour this time. I'll happily take a European trip if not!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Kills me to say I but I'm not sure they'll be back here soon.
    They're playing on a much bigger scale now. Have a look at the attendances and fee they're getting now. These from the South American tour few weeks ago
    http://www.theprp.com/2015/12/09/news/earnings-attendance-from-pearl-jam-muse-puscifer-etc-shows/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

david75 wrote: »
    Kills me to say I but I'm not sure they'll be back here soon.
    They're playing on a much bigger scale now. Have a look at the attendances and fee they're getting now. These from the South American tour few weeks ago
    http://www.theprp.com/2015/12/09/news/earnings-attendance-from-pearl-jam-muse-puscifer-etc-shows/

Thomond park in Limerick is crying out for off season events. This could be a great fit.

Think only Aiken have a GAA contract. PJ use MCD when they're here.

Aside from that they aren't gonna pull 40 or 60,000.
    Don't think they'd even pull 20,000 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 38,287 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think only Aiken have a GAA contract. PJ use MCD when they're here.

Aside from that they aren't gonna pull 40 or 60,000.
    Don't think they'd even pull 20,000 tbh

Maybe with a strong support line up they could. Would be a good summer if they played here (Marley park date likely)

I'd love to see them there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they could pull a decent crowd in Marlay since they have not played here in years plus a decent support bill

• Advertisement

They're a far better band in an arena setting but they'd love marlay park. Been wanting that to happen for years.

See these? They may or may not be real

See these? They may or may not be real

These have been rumoured a while alright, be shocked if they weren't them should it happen. Which would mean no Irish date. I think they could do a Marlay show comfortably tbh.

Unlikely due to finances, but if those dates are real, I'd try the Barca gig. This one is two days after an Opeth/Steven Wilson co-headliner gig.

Edit: Ireland v Sweden on day before apparent Paris gig

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

So the lads played Ten in it entirety in Philly last night,would have loved to have seen that. They also gave Vs the same treatment earlier in the Tour. Really hope they come to Europe in the next 18 months or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

So the lads played Ten in it entirety in Philly last night,would have loved to have seen that. They also gave Vs the same treatment earlier in the Tour. Really hope they come to Europe in the next 18 months or so

Somebody should tell the band that Ireland is in Europe.They seem pretty determined not to play here again.

They had an entire European tour booked for this summer and cancelled it without giving any explanation. They've pissed off a number of festivals and promoters in doing so and may not be welcome back despite being a guaranteed draw in any city and country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Hopefully Ireland will be the one of places they can go as an alternative!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

it would be great to see them on these shores again. They seem to be focusing on festival gigs this side of the pond lately, I'd much rather a dedicated appearance.

They had an entire European tour booked for this summer and cancelled it without giving any explanation. They've pissed off a number of festivals and promoters in doing so and may not be welcome back despite being a guaranteed draw in any city and country.

That was all only rumour though wasn't it, unless organisers confirmed anything.

Anyway, bands will cancel, of course they'll come back. No way would organisers miss on a huge draw because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'd love to see them play a Marlay Park gig. With a reasonably strong support lineup I don't think they'd have too much trouble to sell it out. Glen Hansard/ the Frames could be one, and then someone else slightly bigger again maybe.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're made for marlay park. When they do come back it's almost certain it'll be a bigger place. Not the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Slane... its time for them to revisit it.

If it were to be the only show in Ireland and the U.K. They could probably pull off slane.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Marlay for me please.....just up the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just got Live on Two Legs ordered on Mini Disc from a seller through Amazon, can't wait to hear how it sounds on this format

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Yeah they're made for marlay park. When they do come back it's almost certain it'll be a bigger place. Not the point.

I don't think they would be a big enough draw for the masses to do a Marlay Park gig. Not mainstream enough.

On a side note, I have tickets for one of the gigs in Toronto this week. Can't wait! Venue holds around 20K and they sold out two nights fairly quickly. The Point holds around 15k so I'd say that would be enough for an Irish gig given the population size. Especially if they did a separate Belfast gig like last time on top of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

RichFTW wrote: »
    I have tickets for one of the gigs in Toronto this week. Can't wait!

Enjoy, well jealous!

RichFTW wrote: »
    I don't think they would be a big enough draw for the masses to do a Marlay Park gig. Not mainstream enough.

On a side note, I have tickets for one of the gigs in Toronto this week. Can't wait! Venue holds around 20K and they sold out two nights fairly quickly. The Point holds around 15k so I'd say that would be enough for an Irish gig given the population size. Especially if they did a separate Belfast gig like last time on top of it.

They sell out the Point fairly quickly these days, so if capacity was 30k you wouldn't be far off selling it out. Especially as Belfast sold well last time too. A half decent support act may be needed to get an extra few thousand tickets, but nothing major.

Enjoy the show, the setlists are looking quality!

They'd sell out marlay park with no trouble. They're fixed on playing bigger places in Europe now. Doubt the point will happen again tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Just can't see a Marlay Park gig happening. Although maybe I'm misjudging the capacity from the last time I was there but it looked a bit too big to fill. The last PJ Irish gig, I had a spare ticket, and I struggled to give it away to my friends who aren't PJ fans. Those same guys would have happily went if it was a more well known band which I think is the case for a lot of the potential market for Marlay Park.

Advertisement