Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

RichFTW wrote: »
    Just can't see a Marlay Park gig happening. Although maybe I'm misjudging the capacity from the last time I was there but it looked a bit too big to fill. The last PJ Irish gig, I had a spare ticket, and I struggled to give it away to my friends who aren't PJ fans. Those same guys would have happily went if it was a more well known band which I think is the case for a lot of the potential market for Marlay Park.

You need new friends then!

Will have to wait and see what happens I guess, let's just hope they come back, then we can moan about the venue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

No Code and Yield vinyl reissues in 10C shop!
    http://pearljam.com/goods/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Do you reckon they'll get a worldwide release? Don't fancy the $20 shipping fee

I'm hearing they will be released commercially but not confirmed by 10c yet. that said, i dont know if youve ever seen the original no Code vinyl but its so well worth the money. beautiful package..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Binaural performed in it's entirety in Toronto last night

CiJXosCVAAEPVHJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

fluke wrote: »
    Binaural set

Damn it! I have tickets for the second Toronto night but would have loved a Binaural set.

RichFTW wrote: »
    Damn it! I have tickets for the second Toronto night but would have loved a Binaural set.

I hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ten turns 25 years old today. Rolling Stone magazine marked the occasion with an article entitled Pearl Jam's 'Ten': 10 Things You Didn't Know. (Well, I knew at least one of them, but hey.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Have to recommend the series Roadies.

It just finished last night. First episode has the *very* best and most perfect use of given to fly you'll ever see, and on from there there's about a hundred pearl jam references every episode. And in the finale ed appears and plays a song. Ye a brilliant series. Can't recommend it enough.

Hopefully they have a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

david75 wrote: »
    Have to recommend the series Roadies.

It just finished last night. First episode has the *very* best and most perfect use of given to fly you'll ever see, and on from there there's about a hundred pearl jam references every episode. And in the finale ed appears and plays a song. Ye a brilliant series. Can't recommend it enough.

Hopefully they have a second season.

Where might one be able to watch this?

I just streamed it on putlocker and used chromecast to send it to the tele

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brownpad

Any ideas if the reissue vinyl is available in Ireland yet?

brownpad wrote: »
    Any ideas if the reissue vinyl is available in Ireland yet?

Yield and No Code? I bought them in the 10 store a while back and got an email 4 days ago saying they were in the queue for shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

DO NOT purchase the new vinyl reissues of No Code and Yield. They are warped,shaky,noisy and completely unlistenable.
    For a band that champions the 'black circle' it's ironic how utterly dreadful these pressings are...serious disappointment

Ok..I take it back for No Code.It's a little noisy and a little warped, but the songs sound good.
    Yield is a f!cking disaster though.

Ok..I take it back for No Code.It's a little noisy and a little warped, but the songs sound good.

Awww maaaaaaaan! :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brownpad

thanks for the replys guys - still holding out for the originals but would have to be a landmark birthday i reckon!! Spin the noisy warped black circle sounds like a song from lost dogs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone get the new Soundgarden reissues on vinyl?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Anyone get the new Soundgarden reissues on vinyl?

I have superunknown. It sounds fine. Not really any different to the cd release, there's not this before unheard headroom that opens the album up or anything like that. Sounds like the cd would be my verdict. Take that as you will.

And not to put all your faith in numbers when it comes to listening, but the dr loudness folk agree http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=superunknown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have Superunknown on cassette, CD, and vinyl, but need to buy a record player. I'm tempted to get the TOD and SG reissues too on vinyl, just to have them!
    SOrry for going off topic, but Matt Cameron is the link here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Just a general question - Why do they keep skipping Ireland on their tours over the past number of years ?

seachto7 wrote: »
    I have Superunknown on cassette, CD, and vinyl, but need to buy a record player. I'm tempted to get the TOD and SG reissues too on vinyl, just to have them!
    SOrry for going off topic, but Matt Cameron is the link here :)

Be wary of buying a record player, it's an expensive hobby that will only draw you deeper and deeper! Definitely worth it though ;)

s8n wrote: »
    Just a general question - Why do they keep skipping Ireland on their tours over the past number of years ?

Seems to be a move to becoming a stadium / prestige act. Played the San siro stadium in Italy on the last tour. They just wouldn't fill that level of venue here. It's about money at the end of the day. Hoping they'll do marlay park next time around. If theyre come back that is. Euro tours are usually announced November / December 6 months or so in advance. We'll see soon enough I guess.

No Code vinyl artwork is a thing of beauty.8 panel gatefold sleeve with a whopping 144 of those weird Polaroids.Like the '96 pressing you get the 9 bigger, random laminated Polaroids with the lyrics of 9 songs on the back.
    The whole thing feels and looks like a career-spanning box set.
    I'd nearly get it if I didn't own a record player!
    'Red Mosquito' is some tune-like a forgotten child that doesn't get the attention it deserves!

Unparalleled artwork and packaging on no code. It's magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Seems to be rumours of the boys doing Pinkpop next summer,would make sense as it would be the 25 year anniversary of their legendary performance there. If this is the case then a full European tour would most likely be on the cards too. With a bit of luck we'll get an announcement before Crimbo,iirc they announced the last European tour just before Christsmas 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seems to be rumours of the boys doing Pinkpop next summer,would make sense as it would be the 25 year anniversary of their legendary performance there. If this is the case then a full European tour would most likely be on the cards too. With a bit of luck we'll get an announcement before Crimbo,iirc they announced the last European tour just before Christsmas 2013.

Wasn't it the organiser for pinkpop who said they were playing?

He says that every year tbh

• Advertisement

Advertisement