Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Agh away at a wedding that weekend abroad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,286 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't decide Dublin or Cork. Can't do both as I have other gig's the following week

I'm a Fan of Glen Hansard and only starting to listen too Eddies solo stuff and seeing YouTube videos of there duets it's a must see event for me

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

It's going to be Dublin for me,suits better for me with work. Will the Point be all seated for this? The Tenclub pre sale states they have reserved seating for members but no mention of standing. Want to enter the Tenclub pre sale but would rather standing if available in general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 38,286 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's going to be Dublin for me,suits better for me with work. Will the Point be all seated for this? The Tenclub pre sale states they have reserved seating for members but no mention of standing. Want to enter the Tenclub pre sale but would rather standing if available in general sale

Have to travel from Waterford which ever i go too but im leaning towards Dublin as i can get the luas/walk back too bus aras after the show and get the 23.45 bus home (hopefully the show will be over in time) and the Cork show on the 11th clashes with the Ireland vs Austria qualifer. I feel Dublin will be a special show

Should they have put him in the BGE theatre or Olympia instead or will they sell the 3arena out ??

Very hard to know if it will sell out,I think the pull of both Ed and Glen will lead it to sell out,maybe not immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have to travel from Waterford which ever i go too but im leaning towards Dublin as i can get the luas/walk back too bus aras after the show and get the 23.45 bus home (hopefully the show will be over in time) and the Cork show on the 11th clashes with the Ireland vs Austria qualifer. I feel Dublin will be a special show

Should they have put him in the BGE theatre or Olympia instead or will they sell the 3arena out ??

Olympia or grand canal theater would have made a world more sense in relation to the rooms EV usually prefers to play but here we are. You probably can blame the promoter. It's certainly is and will be the biggest non festival venue he's ever played solo. But it'll still be amazing. Just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

What sort of set list could you expect from Eddie on his own?

lassykk wrote: »
    What sort of set list could you expect from Eddie on his own?

Last show ed played solo (with glen also)

2/13/2014 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
    opening act: Glen Hansard
    main set: Girl From The North Country, Picture In A Frame, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Dead Man, Can’t Keep, Sleeping By Myself, Light Today, Without You, Tonight You Belong To Me (w/ Eliza-Jane Barnes), Golden State (w/ Eliza-Jane Barnes), Driftin’, Far Behind, Guaranteed, Long Nights (w/ Glen Hansard), Rise, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Better Man, Good Woman, 4th Of July, Porch
    first encore: Growin’ Up, Just Breathe, Blackbird, I Believe In Miracles, Bugs, Sleepless Nights (w/ Glen Hansard), Society (w/ Glen Hansard), Falling Slowly (Hansard), Lukin, Rockin’ In The Free World
    second encore: Ukulele Anthem, Hard Sun (w/ E.J. Barnes, Cecilia Herbert, Glen Hansard)
    TFT Notes: Eliza Jane Barnes is the frequent bandmate of Liam Finn, who opened for Ed on his 2008 and 2009 tours. “Bugs” is again performed on organ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

david75 wrote: »
    Olympia or grand canal theater would have made a world more sense in relation to the rooms EV usually prefers to play but here we are. You probably can blame the promoter. It's certainly is and will be the biggest non festival venue he's ever played solo. But it'll still be amazing. Just go for it.

Yeah the Grand Canal would have been absolutely perfect, though tickets would be harder to get then.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Seems obvious he'll have a few guests, at least Glen anyway. Anyone know if he brings backing musicians with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Got 2 10c tickets for Dublin. Would have much preferred standing and $214 for a pair seems a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Raging they're playing in the 3, what a sh1tbox. Would have been much better suited for the olympia.
    Anyone heard price of tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Mouzone wrote: »
    Got 2 10c tickets for Dublin. Would have much preferred standing and $214 for a pair seems a bit steep.

I think it's fully seated in Dublin.

Got TenClub tickets as well, hope they're good seats.
    Ten Club tickets for Cork will be GA on sale tomorrow, the seats at the Marquee are awful, way back, so no way I'm risking that.

Seems obvious he'll have a few guests, at least Glen anyway. Anyone know if he brings backing musicians with him?

He does not being any musicians with him. He doesn't need em.

10c tickets in the bag for Dublin myself!!

Cork tickets in the bag now as well this morning.
    It's gonna be a serious weekend in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Gutted no tickets to be had on ticketmaster even though i was sitting there patiently at 8.55. Of course they're up on seatwave at 9.20 at 2 and 3 times the value.
    If for some unfortunate reason someone has to part with tickets closer to the date I'll take em.

Worth looking up and joining Eddie Vedder European tour and pearl jam tour groups on FB and joining. Post there with requests for shows. People will have spares and sometimes have to cancel and you'll get em face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will there be gig posters for these gigs? I love the pearl Jam ones, hoping this will be the same.

Mushy wrote: »
    Will there be gig posters for these gigs? I love the pearl Jam ones, hoping this will be the same.

Ed did have posters for every single show on previous tours. Have a few.

• Advertisement

Probably be one poster covering both Irish gigs.

I'll probably have a Cork ticket (GA) at face value if someone is after one.
    As said above though, plenty tickets knocking around at face value on Facebook groups (ten club, official ten club and Eddie Vedder 2017 euro tour)

So pearl jam are following their usual approach towards their former drummers

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/840623380696973312/photo/1

The boys getting inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame shortly!!

''Tis online in various places(Twitter/Periscope)

Watched the whole thing. Got a bit emotional. So happy for them :)
    It's all on YouTube

david75 wrote: »
    Watched the whole thing. Got a bit emotional. So happy for them :)
    It's all on YouTube

Just watched it all back myself,was a bit emotional alright. Delighted for them and for how they treated it too,really looks like it meant a huge amount to them. What a bunch of blokes,genuinely humble. Thought the whole drummer thing was handled very well,great to see Dave K behind the kit for Alive(thought Stone started it at an incredibly slow pace though,was like a slow set),Dave was visibly emotional too. Dedicating Given To Fly to Michael J Fox was also brilliant,more emotion!!

Superb band with superb songs who are ridiculously brilliant live,thanks for the past 26 years lads.....and here's to many many more!!

It's just that it was played at the correct tempo. We've gotten so used to matts playing over the years. He speeds everything up. It's understandable but it can be to the detriment of the songs sometimes. But if you're in the room you don't notice.

Ah yeah,I know it was the correct speed but live it just sounded strange. When I listen to the band now I mainly listen to the bootlegs and you're right,you do get used to the often break neck speed of the songs. When I listen to the albums they sound so slow!!

Would have been great to have Jack on the sticks for GTF,strange he didn't do it considering he was in the room

That's Simon beside Dave K. He's both eds and glen Hansard's guitar tech. He looks so stressed out haha

I wonder will Simon get double pay for the Ed/Glen Summer Tour!!! He does look a bit stressed in fairness!!

• Advertisement

Haha!
    He'd probably do it for free. I would.

Advertisement