Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Well done to the guys. A band that has stayed with me since my school days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

was the induction on tv anywhere?
    i know its on youtube but its not a great copy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

An edited version of the broadcast will air in the US in a month or two. Not sure what channel

david75 wrote: »
    An edited version of the broadcast will air in the US in a month or two. Not sure what channel

Cheers.I'm sure someone will post it here when its on.theres a really annoying woman shouting through nearly all of the you tube clip of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I saw them play once way back in the mid 90's, they were with Neil Young at his yearly bridge street school benefits in the Bay Area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

HBO April 29. I have no idea why it cannot be shown live or even streamed online live.

lertsnim wrote: »
    HBO April 29. I have no idea why it cannot be shown live or even streamed online live.

I think it was streamed live online but you had to be a member of some website.

Watched the PJ20 movie recently for the first in a long time.

It's great but it's not.

They should have gotten someone to make that film that didn't know them and wasn't afraid to ask the hard questions.

They gloss over absolutely everything except dwelling like self pitying saps on the roskilde disaster. Poor them. Outside that they literally don't talk about the truth or creative struggles and battles or even history of their music at all.

Compare it to the foo fighters film and how honest and hard and sometimes ugly truth that one is and PJ20 is a huge lost opportunity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Zico !

The maddest thing Eddie done was jump off the top of stage wheres all the rock n roll storys yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

P.J for Slane 2018..... ?

Wouldnt it be a great 25th anniversary ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »

Yes it would be brilliant.as long as neil young isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

There's not a chance they'd fill it though. I think they lack the universal crossover appeal that GnR have. Shame as it would be a great venue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's not a chance they'd fill it though. I think they lack the universal crossover appeal that GnR have. Shame as it would be a great venue for them.

I'd say they'd be the sort who could get 30-40k. Malahide Castle/Marlay Park size hopefully.

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say they'd be the sort who could get 30-40k. Malahide Castle/Marlay Park size hopefully.

Yes, But if they had a decent support , they would.

Queens of the Stone Age .... Foo's ?
    I suppose it would be hard to get/attract 'big name' bands to be a support act, or would it ?:confused:

Yes, But if they had a decent support , they would.

Queens of the Stone Age .... Foo's ?
    I suppose it would be hard to get/attract 'big name' bands to be a support act, or would it ?:confused:

QotSA could do it, will be touring next year. Foos recently headlined Slane. Could get Biffy Clyro in for it.

If the money is right the bands will play. Would need a big suport act/acts for Pearl Jam to do it is say.

Could get Biffy Clyro in for it.

If the money is right the bands will play. Would need a big suport act/acts for Pearl Jam to do it is say.

WOW .. Yeh ! Biffy would be deadly !!:)
    Money... P€arl J€m ..... They love it.... :p
    Its only been 7 fricking years..... :mad:

WOW .. Yeh ! Biffy would be deadly !!:)
    Money... P€arl J€m ..... They love it.... :p
    Its only been 7 fricking years..... :mad:

I think it was you in gigs thread who mentioned the line-up with Frank Turner, squeeze biffy in there too would be great.

7 years since the Point, hasn't felt that long. Although I did see them in 14 so that's probably why.

I think it was you in gigs thread who mentioned the line-up with Frank Turner, squeeze biffy in there too would be great.

7 years since the Point, hasn't felt that long. Although I did see them in 14 so that's probably why.

That was me alright...
    That would be a great day out alright..

I went to Hyde Park in 2012 to see them... Jaysus the difference in them playing outdoors, to 90/100,000 people. It was amazing! I got myself about 3 rows from the front , in front of Mike for it ! Magic.

• Advertisement

Slane With Pearl Jam as headliners now will never happen. In another country with a similar venue to Slane, then maybe. In Ireland though Pearl Jam still attain some sort of following that is outside of the mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I would gladly remortgage the gaf and buy any extra tickets not sold for whatever venue they wish to play if it meant they'd play

fluke wrote: »
    Slane With Pearl Jam as headliners now will never happen. In another country with a similar venue to Slane, then maybe. In Ireland though Pearl Jam still attain some sort of following that is outside of the mainstream.

IF P.J included Slane on a European tour, i think a lot of people would travel to Slane for it?
    The vast majority of their European dates (if not all) sell out, so i think a lot of people would travel here to see them ?
    There were lots of 'foreigners' (?) at GnR... I had 6 Dutchmen in their 60's standing beside me !! :)
    But it has been mentioned, Money and then Line up would dictate....

IF P.J included Slane on a European tour, i think a lot of people would travel to Slane for it?....

That's a fair point, but I'm not sure the promoters behind Slane have that sort of expansive foresight.

Pearl Jam can replace AC/DC in the annual rumour for Slane.

Tbh I see Muse doing it sooner, similar to Foos in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Ah lads,stop, this is how I start getting mad notions in my head!! I love them as much as anybody and have traveled to see them but I can't see them selling out Slane on there own tbh. Was at GNR and the Foo's there ,I like it as a venue and would love to see them there but can't see it happening. They do owes us a visit tho so hopefully we get something in the next 18 months or so,seen them in Amsterdam and Milton Keynes in 2014 and that seems forever ago!! At least I'll get to see Ed next Friday so some PJ is better than no PJ!!

" Its been 6 years" .... during "elderly woman ...."

"maybe we wont leave it so long next time..."
    Ed Vedd - The Point , 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Also might be worth pointing out that they may be reluctant to play an outdoor venue in a country with a tendency for rain where there are 80,000 people on top of a hill.

I'd love to see them again though, can't believe it's been 7 years since the point gig!

I really think they'd have to have a support with that kind of crossover appeal though, sadly (like the way the Verve had Robbie Williams, who blew the roof off the place and stole the show by all accounts). Biffy Clyro as said above? Muse (though Muse would nearly be able to justify playing headliners). Maybe the classic safe support band for Irish outdoor gigs - Kaiser Chiefs? Ooooh actually:
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Kasabian
    Pearl Jam

I think the RW-Verve combo, or Oasis-Prodigy gig demonstrate that the headliners don't necessarily have to reflect the support acts for the day.

Edit: I know this is the PJ thread, but feic it - the ideal lineup would be:
    PJ
    Tool
    Metallica
    It should sell out, 3 bands which should be touring next year, and would be the best line up ever!

I sorta would hate if they did slane. Marlay park would be way more likely I reckon. Doubt it'll be the point again if they do come back. If they can do San siro in Italy they can probably do slane. Let's not forget the thousands of touring fans Pj has.

• Advertisement

I sorta would hate if they did slane. Marlay park would be way more likely I reckon. Doubt it'll be the point again if they do come back. If they can do San siro in Italy they can probably do slane. Let's not forget the thousands of touring fans Pj has.

Yes, they have a hardcore group that follow them around on legs of their tours.
    I sorta would love it if they did slane.....:D

Advertisement