Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

All that said. Ed just sold out the point Solo and its twice as big as any other other venue on this tour and the biggest non festival show he's ever played alone so...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

david75 wrote: »
    All that said. Ed just sold out the point Solo and its twice as big as any other other venue on this tour and the biggest non festival show he's ever played alone so...maybe.

Solo acoustic shows like this tend to bring out the alpha wankers ' play Even Flow' :rolleyes:

fluke wrote: »
    Solo acoustic shows like this tend to bring out the alpha wankers ' play Even Flow' :rolleyes:

Oh god sadly true. Listening to the boots of the shows in Amsterdam this past weekend and there's a few people that are just horrific and won't stfu shouting at him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Oh god sadly true. Listening to the boots of the shows in Amsterdam this past weekend and there's a few people that are just horrific and won't stfu shouting at him

Was at the Apollo in London in 2015 (?) .. and to be fair, it wasnt that bad.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Was at the Apollo in London in 2015 (?) .. and to be fair, it wasnt that bad.

2012 no?

• Advertisement

2012 no?

2012 yes.....
    Wow, didnt think it was that long ! :eek::)

2012 yes.....
    Wow, didnt think it was that long ! :eek::)

I was at one of those nights. The Monday night. It wasn't too bad but I remember some shouting during Glen's introduction to a song (not a well known song) and him being just like..yeah thanks..

Also the crowd had effin ants in their pants that night Kept going up and down to get drinks, then bathroom, then drinks...

I was at one of those nights. The Monday night. It wasn't too bad but I remember some shouting during Glen's introduction to a song (not a well known song) and him being just like..yeah thanks..

Also the crowd had effin ants in their pants that night Kept going up and down to get drinks, then bathroom, then drinks...

Worst i ever experienced was at PJ in The Point in 2000.
    i was at the front of the barrier, just behind the 'Pit' , i had 4 tipsy Americans behind me. They proceeded to roar "Woooooooooo" continually , until i turned round and asked them to "shut the fc uk up...please"
    They did ..... :D
    Stay quiet, or sing the songs..... WHY shout and roar during them !! :rolleyes::D

i was at the front of the barrier, just behind the 'Pit' , i had 4 tipsy Americans behind me. They proceeded to roar "Woooooooooo" continually , until i turned round and asked them to "shut the fc uk up...please"
    Stay quiet, or sing the songs..... WHY shout and roar during them !! :rolleyes::D

That was a great gig! My first PJ concert!

That was a great gig! My first PJ concert!

They blew the fricking roof off !!! One of the best they played here!
    I had to buy my ticket from a tout, as it was sold out so fast i missed out.
    My wife was outside waiting to collect me, and she said it sounded amazing!!

*Paddy Casey was the 'support' act! - strangest one ever, And i like him! :D

• Advertisement

Hah brilliant. I hope you didn't pay too much. I was down at the back near the low level tiers. Missed Paddy Casey and just in time for Pearl Jam (bro was driving there).

I had the leaving cert then in a few days after. Actually I just realised that the concert was this day 17 years ago...

Hah brilliant. I hope you didn't pay too much. I was down at the back near the low level tiers. Missed Paddy Casey and just in time for Pearl Jam (bro was driving there).

I had the leaving cert then in a few days after. Actually I just realised that the concert was this day 17 years ago...

Was it ?? WOW :eek:
    and to think they have only played here once since ....... :confused::(:(:(:(:mad:

Was it ?? WOW :eek:
    and to think they have only played here once since ....... :confused::(:(:(:(:mad:

Twice - 2006 and 2010

Theee times. Belfast too.

Twice - 2006 and 2010

Doh ...... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

*Paddy Casey was the 'support' act! - strangest one ever, And i like him! :D

That was 06, unless he supported 00 too? 06 was my first time, I remember the crowd going mental from Animal through to ****in Up, so about 95% of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Reminiscing...I remember the Fastbacks in Millstreet in 1996...Christ they were fairly rubbish... I'd take Paddy Casey anyday over them

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Mushy wrote: »
    That was 06, unless he supported 00 too? 06 was my first time, I remember the crowd going mental from Animal through to ****in Up, so about 95% of it.

Fastbacks supported in 96

Fastbacks supported in 96

Greenspurs mentioned paddy Casey though

Mushy wrote: »
    Greenspurs mentioned paddy Casey though

It was myself who mentioned the Fastbacks

• Advertisement

Erik Shin wrote: »
    It was myself who mentioned the Fastbacks

And I didn't quote that. Was too young to be seeing PJ in 96 unfortunately.

The Vandals supported in '00.

i think i confused everyone ....... including meeself !!!!

i think i confused everyone ....... including meeself !!!!

I like cake...do you like cake?

:D

Let's play two. Coming to Dublin I think for one night only October 4th. Vue cinema

How about let's make an album already!

Let's play two. Coming to Dublin I think for one night only October 4th. Vue cinema

Haa right .....
    How about a gig in Ireland ?? P€arl J£M ........ :rolleyes:
    Too much to ask for too little money ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

How about let's make an album already!

Yea i agree.there are tons of live bootlegs out there, live dvds/blu rays, live cds etc.go on you tube there's wall to wall live pj stuff.
    there's only so many times you can listen to the songs live.a new album in conjunction with the above would be a better way to go.

They are touring next year and I heard it's 4 continents so perhaps Europe is in there. No word in them recording though

• Advertisement

They are touring next year and I heard it's 4 continents so perhaps Europe is in there. No word in them recording though

Yawn

Advertisement