Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

FWIW Werchter is an incredible festival. So well organised, clean, no scrotes, legal weed, and cracking weather if anyone is tempted to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Amsterdam suits me as my cousin lives there. I was just over to see Ride. Great atmosphere at Dutch concerts! Defo gonna go to that.

If Slane is for real then that can fcuk right off. Was only saying the other day I'd never go to Slane again, no matter who was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Would love to see them back at Slane, I've no issues getting in or out of there. Seeing them in 93 was my first gig- it was amazing.

Does anyone know of any footage from Slane that year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Keedowah wrote: »
    Would love to see them back at Slane, I've no issues getting in or out of there. Seeing them in 93 was my first gig- it was amazing.

Does anyone know of any footage from Slane that year?

I have the bootleg cassette of it :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I gave the missus the list there hoping she'd just say find a mate to go with....she looked up Pinkpop and saw Bruno Mars is playing so would be interested in that. Anyone been to pinkpop before?

Think me and the bro will do a quick in and out of London too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Greg81

Looks like NOS Alive will be my choice. Portugal is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,281 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If those dates are correct I won't make any show as I'm going too Manchester on the 18/19 June for the foo fighters and there playing London between those dates

Prob have too accept I might never see PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I really cant see why Ireland is being ignore...
    How about Finland.. one and only time here was back in 1993 when they opened Neil Young.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

There’s a weird part of me still thinks the Donnybrook stadium might happen. It’s exactly the same week as those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

FWIW Werchter is an incredible festival. So well organised, clean, no scrotes, legal weed, and cracking weather if anyone is tempted to go.

Its a great festival but from experience weed is not legal and is actually pretty hard to come by as security is tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

david75 wrote: »
    There’s a weird part of me still thinks the Donnybrook stadium might happen. It’s exactly the same week as those dates.

What's the capacity there?
    Surely Pearl Jam could easily sell out two nights in the 3arena?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What's the capacity there?
    Surely Pearl Jam could easily sell out two nights in the 3arena?
    Yeah, you'd think so, alright.

Lately They’re going for one night in much bigger places rather than two night stands though. The exception seems to be London this time. I don’t think they’d sell out two nights in the point. Probably be easier to do one night in marlay or even the aviva. Hope we get something anyways

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

david75 wrote: »
    Lately They’re going for one night in much bigger places rather than two night stands though. The exception seems to be London this time. I don’t think they’d sell out two nights in the point. Probably be easier to do one night in marlay or even the aviva. Hope we get something anyways

Are they not doing to arena shows in Netherlands as well before Pinkpop?

According to that leaked list yes but nothing is concrete yet at all. Well know by the end of the month. They usually announce in November December for euro tour the next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

An on-line guy supposedly 'in the know' has said they're definitely not playing Ireland.  Gutted :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Apparently a poster went up on the Spanish ticketmaster site recently for Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Yea nothing has been announced officially anywhere.so i wouldn't be believing any guys bull **** online.leaked by someone looking for attention most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Penfailed wrote: »
    An on-line guy supposedly 'in the know' has said they're definitely not playing Ireland.  Gutted :(

'online guys' are generally teenagers masturbating in their bedrooms of their parents houses...

Probably referring to Dimi, the ten club guru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Probably referring to Dimi, the ten club guru
    Yeah.  To be fair to him...he's usually spot on.  Due to no Irish gig, I'm looking into the PinkPop festival instead :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah.  To be fair to him...he's usually spot on.  Due to no Irish gig, I'm looking into the PinkPop festival instead :D

Same Pearl Jam and Foo's :) Even Bruno Mars should be decent enough seen him at oxegen in 2011 and he was surprisingly good

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Amsterdam,Krakow OR London for me I’d say. None of the dates fall too favourably for me work wise 😡

Same Pearl Jam and Foo's :) Even Bruno Mars should be decent enough seen him at oxegen in 2011 and he was surprisingly good

Same!

& London maybe

Anyone got amy idea why they continuously snub Ireland ? Eddie was happy to take our money this summer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

2 gigs, just 1 man on the stage = £$£$£$£

1 gig , 6 men on stage = less £$$£€

It has to be about the money !!

" we wont leave it as long next time" Ed Vedd 2010.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    2 gigs, just 1 man on the stage = £$£$£$£

1 gig , 6 men on stage = less £$$£€

It has to be about the money !!

" we wont leave it as long next time" Ed Vedd 2010.

Sadly, I agree but play a couple point shows then

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

s8n wrote: »
    Anyone got amy idea why they continuously snub Ireland ? Eddie was happy to take our money this summer ??

It's money, but it may not be the band's fault. If promoters won't get the margin they want from the show, there's not a lot that can be done.

Unless some of the band dislike the country and don't want to return, could be another reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They haven't played Europe outside festival season since mid nineties afaik. Come over play a couple of their own shows either sides of milking a lucrative festival deals seems to be the norm even the Eddie solo shows followed the same touring schedule.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    It's money, but it may not be the band's fault. If promoters won't get the margin they want from the show, there's not a lot that can be done.

Unless some of the band dislike the country and don't want to return, could be another reason

It’s very much about promoter and mark up as far as I know.

Advertisement