Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Have a plan brewing in my head that'll hopefully work. I want/need to see PJ again, I also really want to see the Waldbuhne in person. The boss hasn't been to Berlin, but mainly wants to go to Florence. So Berlin for PJ, then Florence...makes a nice sounding holiday as flights aren't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

david75 wrote: »
    It’s very much about promoter and mark up as far as I know.

The promoters must be coining it in this country.
    Ticket prices are some of the highest in Europe here for concerts.

I'm not buying the high insurance / transport costs either as lots of big bands play here and don't charge more than other countries.

The Killers just played Dublin and Belfast, had a huge convoy of trucks and their prices were very competitive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The promoters must be coining it in this country.
    Ticket prices are some of the highest in Europe here for concerts.

I'm not buying the high insurance / transport costs either as lots of big bands play here and don't charge more than other countries.

The Killers just played Dublin and Belfast, had a huge convoy of trucks and their prices were very competitive.

Well the insurance aspect is true. It’s insanely expensive to book the point and it’s mostly down to insurance. A good number of people have died and injured in the point over the years, seem to remember it being either 9 or 14, so it’s up around €30,000 Last I heard which was a few years ago. That gets passed onto ticket prices. Eddie himself is responsible for a big claim when he stage dived in 2000 and landed and injured two people. They sued. Last time pearl jam played the point in 2010 some moron jumped off the balcony onto what he thought was a platform coverin the sound desk. It was only a large tarp. He fell and broke his arm(lucky not to die or injure any crew) he claimed and got a big payout. There was no security there to stop him so he got a payout.

So there are good reasons they simply don’t wanna play here. He’d promised glen they’d come here and play together and it was always on the cards despite taking a good few years to happen but I think the promoter just doesn’t think they could fill a marlay Park or aviva when in truth they actually would what with latent fanbase here and a massive tourin fan base.

Didn't know that about the claim from the guy who jumped. That could very well be the reason, the insurance cost and extra security cost so promoter says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Well the insurance aspect is true. It’s insanely expensive to book the point and it’s mostly down to insurance. A good number of people have died and injured in the point over the years, seem to remember it being either 9 or 14, so it’s up around €30,000 Last I heard which was a few years ago. That gets passed onto ticket prices. Eddie himself is responsible for a big claim when he stage dived in 2000 and landed and injured two people. They sued. Last time pearl jam played the point in 2010 some moron jumped off the balcony onto what he thought was a platform coverin the sound desk. It was only a large tarp. He fell and broke his arm(lucky not to die or injure any crew) he claimed and got a big payout. There was no security there to stop him so he got a payout.

So there are good reasons they simply don’t wanna play here. He’d promised glen they’d come here and play together and it was always on the cards despite taking a good few years to happen but I think the promoter just doesn’t think they could fill a marlay Park or aviva when in truth they actually would what with latent fanbase here and a massive tourin fan base.

That effer in 2010 is the equivalent of those people giving out when they are rescued in bad weather conditions. Really should be made pay for their own stupidity.

Maybe in that case PJ just don't need the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

fluke wrote: »
    That effer in 2010 is the equivalent of those people giving out when they are rescued in bad weather conditions. Really should be made pay for their own stupidity.

Maybe in that case PJ just don't need the hassle.

and they dont need the money (at this stage of their careers) !!
    They can well afford to pick and choose where they play, they must be making a profit, so why would 1 (?) gig be such a massive loss........ :confused::(:rolleyes:

But no, Ireland still doesnt attract them ........ Grunge ethos ? or just corporate money makers ? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Well the insurance aspect is true. It’s insanely expensive to book the point and it’s mostly down to insurance. A good number of people have died and injured in the point over the years, seem to remember it being either 9 or 14, so it’s up around €30,000

30k is a drop in the ocean though ,that's just over 2 euro per concert goer.

Live Nation Spanish Facebook page may as well just give the dates now

30k is a drop in the ocean though ,that's just over 2 euro per concert goer.

Well Pjs rate is a million a gig now. So how much would you be happy to pay for a ticket? Remembering the promoters cut will be on top of that and then venue and security hire and insurance costs.

How much would we be willing to pay?

Well Pjs rate is a million a gig now. So how much would you be happy to pay for a ticket? Remembering the promoters cut will be on top of that and then venue and security hire and insurance costs.

How much would we be willing to pay?

A million euro or dollars ?

If a million euro ,that is pretty high and would necessitate a high ticket fee allright in the 3arena.
    75 euro per head just to cover the 1m , it would be prohibitive .

If they were playing 2 nights would it be a million a night ?

An outdoor concert would be the only option ,perhaps 30k capacity .
    I think they would sell it out @ 90 euro per head easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Should come to the new pairc ui chaoimh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Many moons ago I suggested Thomond park to someone, fly into Shannon...do a gig...and then back to Shannon and onto Europe...would be so easy

A million euro or dollars ?

If a million euro ,that is pretty high and would necessitate a high ticket fee allright in the 3arena.
    75 euro per head just to cover the 1m , it would be prohibitive .

If they were playing 2 nights would it be a million a night ?

An outdoor concert would be the only option ,perhaps 30k capacity .
    I think they would sell it out @ 90 euro per head easily.

Pearl jam tickets are over $130 in the US these days.
    Ticket price for them seems to vary in Europe as they’re dealing with different promoters in deifferent countries.

It would be a whole lot of more than €75 this time. Damn I think the tickets for the last gig in the point was €90 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Was watching a pearl jam show from.Bradford circa 93. Mad jumping up andvfown off the stage from the crowd..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

it's just one of those things and nothing we can do about it as it's up to the guys in suites. like EV shows sold very well here and PJ have a big enough fan base here but they just thing nah they won't sell enough here **** the fans bacisally and make them travel abroad to see the band

I'm hating this thread of some bands ignoring Ireland

Pearl jam tickets are over $130 in the US these days.
    Ticket price for them seems to vary in Europe as they’re dealing with different promoters in deifferent countries.

On the indoor tour in the US last year they were using a flat ticket price across the venue ,I think it was ~75 usd plus fees .
    For the outdoor venues,Wrigley and Fenway the top ticket price was $85 plus fees .
    I'm positive of this ,I bought tickets for a few venues for family in the US.

On the indoor tour in the US last year they were using a flat ticket price across the venue ,I think it was ~75 usd plus fees .
    For the outdoor venues,Wrigley and Fenway the top ticket price was $85 plus fees .
    I'm positive of this ,I bought tickets for a few venues for family in the US.

I think it’s 10c tickets I was referring to. My tickets for Brooklyn a few years ago were about $125/130 each. And they were not great seats either.

10c tickets are weirdly more expensive than general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

This, for a band that battled hard about ticket prices for fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Suppose money will always win out in the end

Nos alive bugging up an announcement for tomorrow, surely must be PJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Mushy wrote: »

It's better be. 14.07 would be ideal. I could connect it with my holidays.

Greg81 wrote: »

It's better be. 14.07 would be ideal. I could connect it with my holidays.

Is that the supposed Lisbon date? Cool festival bar areas can get tight on space, would recommend though.

Think I’m done tbh. Seen pj 39 times live all over the place. Just can’t find even a smidgen or excitement for this tour and normally I’d be all over going to Berlin or Copenhagen or better yet somewhere I haven’t been like Barcelona.

Hopefully I snap out of it with enough time to book something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Think I’m done tbh. Seen pj 39 times live all over the place. Just can’t find even a smidgen or excitement for this tour and normally I’d be all over going to Berlin or Copenhagen or better yet somewhere I haven’t been like Barcelona.

Sort of feeling the same, I've only seen them once though! Or was it twice? Can't remember. Anyway, they always do a good gig but I'm finding it hard balancing out the cost along with the desire to see them. If they released a really good album, which they haven't done for a long time, it might help me make my decision.

If there's any spare 10 club early access codes going for Berlin I would be (even more) in debted to who can provide one.

That is if it can be done

Is that the supposed Lisbon date? Cool festival bar areas can get tight on space, would recommend though.

Yep. Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

they might announce an Irish date ya never knw

Greg81 wrote: »

Yep. Saturday

Good call. Would go back but going to try new places. Lisbon is 2nd on list

Tour announced. Very slight different dates from the rumoured, but pretty much as expected. Hotel in Berlin booked

• Advertisement

Tour announced. Very slight different dates from the rumoured, but pretty much as expected. Hotel in Berlin booked

Tickets for NOS Festival in Portugal secured!!! Super happy

Advertisement