Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I'm up in level 3 too, it might be the nose bleed section but I really couldn't care less!:)

Flying out on the morning of the gig, €60 with Aerlingus. Really should've booked them last week when they were ~€10, ah well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got standing on ground level tickets. I'm flying out at 8 in the morning that day with Ryanair to Stansted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

guess ye dont wanna swap for level three do ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Congrats to all of ye that got tickets! Didnt end up trying for them but now all the talk of it has me mad jealous!! Should be an amazing show!

guess ye dont wanna swap for level three do ye?

ha... no :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Any one heading for London O2?

yep, I'll be there. Getting the train from Manchester that morning :D

im at all four.......dunno how im paying for it..guess im doin the usual PJ fan thing eating diet pills to get by to see my boys...its gonna be amazing..

the only thing ill get on a plane for :)

So who knows a good spot to head to for some post-Shepherds Bush Empire gig refreshments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

jenizzle wrote: »
    yep, I'll be there. Getting the train from Manchester that morning :D

What time is that train down? Still debating which way to get down.

• Advertisement

10 days to go..hope this one doesn't outshine the other four! it so easily could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

10 days to go..hope this one doesn't outshine the other four! it so easily could.

What? If it lives up to its potential, I don't care if I spent the following three gigs (no Rotterdam for me) in a daze from how good it was :D :P

Any one hear Speed of Sound? I like it a lot. This album is shaping up very nicely.

Really? i like the End a whole lot more.didja read that billboard interview? and ed's Q&A in Uncut magazine? very revealing..and they are touring next year, Kelly Curtis confirmed it...deadly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

good to say theres alot of love for pearl jam on boards... goin to the london gig, cant ****in wait, its gonna be crazy good

Which London gig? there are two hehehe

Maybe we shouldn't break the bad news to them... ;)

This day next week :eek:

I have a spare 10c ticket for the Berlin show if anyone here is looking for one!

Was at a house party last night with some Pearl Jam 'freaks'(who didnt know they are touring:rolleyes:), when Vs. came on and an interesting exchange between me and 3 supposed Pearl Jam fans happened

', , , , ,feel so manly, when armmmmmmmedddddddd, , , , ,'

', , , , ,Glorified version of a pellet gun, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,'

Silence fell over the room. One of the gents asked 'what the hell was that?' It couldn't have been my pitch(i hope) as im a full time musician/singer, i was puzzled? It was after i repeated the chorus they laughed and (very patronisinly<sic>) corrected me.

', , , , ,four or five virgins and a pelican, , , , , , , , , , , , , ' they sang.

They even showed me a website with this printed on a tshirt, surely i am in the right here with the former? I cant have been singing the wrong line for god knows how many years!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 MacAttack84

your version is indeed the correct one!

yeah the virgins line is a total rip-the-pish :D

your version is indeed the correct one!

Oh i knew i was right but it was the sheer venom and ignorance in which they wrongly corrected me.
    One of them didn't even have all the studio albums and none had seen them live and they were questioning my faith to PJ! It just really pissed my ass off!

They thought i made up Boom too! >:(

• Advertisement

haha - they're the one's wondering why everyone is booing at random intervals when the keyboard player makes an appearance!

jenizzle wrote: »
    haha - they're the one's wondering why everyone is booing at random intervals when the keyboard player makes an appearance!

They would if they ever heard a bootleg!:mad:

Remember the point in '06

EV- "I hear some boos, what's that about?"

And the entire audience(minus dipsticks) screamed and pointed to "BBBOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!"

EV- "Thanks for reminding me"

Brilliant.

Question to those with SBE tickets..the 10c ticket people are getting in early, but does anyone know for sure that they're all downstairs in GA? 'cos that gives me some hope of getting to the front up on level three..it's a relatively tiny room and I shouldn't be worryin but I really wanna get to the front of this as me mate is partially blind and he's gonna be recording this (he was the ONLY one to record London 07)..wanna put both our minds at ease..anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭emmbaasee

They would if they ever heard a bootleg!:mad:

Remember the point in '06

EV- "I hear some boos, what's that about?"

And the entire audience(minus dipsticks) screamed and pointed to "BBBOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!"

EV- "Thanks for reminding me"

Brilliant.

Im a huge fan myself and was at that gig in the Point when Ed said that.
    I turned to my mate and said " what the fcuk is that about ?":confused:

I still didn't get it till about 2 year's later when i watched the Immagine in Cornice dvd.
    The penny dropped !!!!:D
    BOOOOOMMMMM:D:D

Heading to the M.E.N in Manchester in a couple of weeks....
    I cannot wait !!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think that Ten remastered made me feel the love I once had for Pearl Jam all over again. I had forgotten about them really, but I still loved the ideals they once had, yet I couldnt help but feel there is something missing from those early "surfer" days....still, look forward to the return to form that most bands eventually have these days.

Question to those with SBE tickets..the 10c ticket people are getting in early, but does anyone know for sure that they're all downstairs in GA? 'cos that gives me some hope of getting to the front up on level three..it's a relatively tiny room and I shouldn't be worryin but I really wanna get to the front of this as me mate is partially blind and he's gonna be recording this (he was the ONLY one to record London 07)..wanna put both our minds at ease..anyone know for sure?

I was under the impression they're all GA. My flight gets in at around 8 or 9am, and I think I'm just going straight to the queue at Shepherd's Bush. I have level 3 tickets, but I want front row level 3 :D

Tom-me too! we're gonna be there around that time too, i shouldnt complain, to be in the room is enough but the front row of level three looks far away from here!
    404742946_dda17cabcd.jpg

Tom-me too! we're gonna be there around that time too, i shouldnt complain, to be in the room is enough but the front row of level three looks far away from here!
    404742946_dda17cabcd.jpg

Damn, that does look quite a way back alright.
    Will have to make a beeline for SBE as soon as the plane gets in.

404742946_dda17cabcd.jpg

Yeah, they're so far up they're out of focus in the picture. Still, I won't complain, it's in the room.

• Advertisement

I land in Stansted at 9.25 - anyone headin' the same way?

Its kinda strange that I seem to be the only one that has appeared with floor tickets from the HMV sale...

Advertisement