Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Mushy wrote: »
    Festival is in Alges, slightly West of the city. There's a train station right outside, trains often go there all day so very easy to get to. Coming from it'll be packed so I suggest Uber for this. Just get picked up under/near the big bridge you've to walk over.

Accommodation, we stayed in city centre bout 15 minute walk from Cais de Sodre, but was 10 minute walk up from next stop down (Santos). Staying in that neck of the woods is very handy, between Alges/Belem to Cais de Sodre really. Easy to get to fest, easy to get around city also.

Great,thanks a mill for the info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Prague krakow Berlin

Or

Barcelona Madrid Lisbon

Both are tasty runs. Never been to Barcelona or Lisbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

david75 wrote: »
    Prague krakow Berlin

Or

Barcelona Madrid Lisbon

Both are tasty runs. Never been to Barcelona or Lisbon.

Barcelona and Lisbon are nice cities, I loved them both

Just reading on one of the pj groups that Prague to krakow is really only a bus affair no flights seem to be available.
    That might be a decider

Just reading on one of the pj groups that Prague to krakow is really only a bus affair no flights seem to be available.
    That might be a decider

Stinger, probably 9/10 hours crushed up. Just what's needed after a show!

• Advertisement

"Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

"Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show"

So we could see Glen and AN Other as support if that's the case?

Edit....I've never been to slane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

david75 wrote:

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I’m in the 10C draw for Amsterdam and London 1....Slane would be the icing on the cake!! 🤞

Where did you hear this?

Just got sent it on Facebook. Think it’s from their board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id almost take the plunge and go too Slane instead of London 1 but id like Slane too be confirmed before Friday 8th Dec

they could do it Sat 16th June or kick off the tour there at the end of May ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id almost take the plunge and go too Slane instead of London 1 but id like Slane too be confirmed before Friday 8th Dec

they could do it Sat 16th June or kick off the tour there at the end of May ???

Dublin usually gets the sound check gig.

They did a full week of rehearsals in the point in 06 for the avocado tour and first night was here. It could kick off here or end here.

Dublin usually gets the sound check gig.

They did a full week of rehearsals in the point in 06 for the avocado tour and first night was here. It could kick off here or end here.

hopefully its announced very very soon. wonder what the hold up is??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anywhere but Slane please.
    Anywhere .
    hopefully its announced very very soon. wonder what the hold up is??

The Promoter is probably trying to work out if they can make a profit on 80k tickets .
    They might have to skimp on the support to maximise revenue.
    The Coronas , Damien Dempsey and Mundy :rolleyes:

The last time Pj negotiated with this particular promoter to headline a festival here, it ended up not happening. They have way way way more clout now and slane sorta feels likely?

This is just a bs rumour but it’s as likely real as it is bs. I’m not honking they’re in talks but also waiting for the other dates to sell out before they announce.
    Pipe dream maybe but that initial post gives hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anywhere but Slane please.
    Anywhere .

Nah happily take Slane for a better gig experience, true everything surrounding the place is a pure nuisance but I'd rather have it than some awful venue for a gig like the Aviva with the only benefit being that it's easily accessible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just got sent it on Facebook. Think it’s from their board

Is the guy from the forum reliable with info ?

Is the guy from the forum reliable with info ?

I don’t know tbh. I have t been a fanc club member in about three years. And I was from 94 til about 2012. So I can read their forum but can’t post so don’t go there. Good thing too. For the most part pearl jam fans on there are needle in the red yes the boiler is about to explode level of batshít crazy. It’s not worth it.

Even if the gig doesn’t happen I’d say talks were at least had. Let’s see

When is slane usually announced? I thought it was usually February or March?

I don’t know tbh. I have t been a fanc club member in about three years. And I was from 94 til about 2012. So I can read their forum but can’t post so don’t go there. Good thing too. For the most part pearl jam fans on there are needle in the red yes the boiler is about to explode level of batshít crazy. It’s not worth it.

Even if the gig doesn’t happen I’d say talks were at least had. Let’s see

When is slane usually announced? I thought it was usually February or March?

normally before Xmas

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea Foo's were announced near the end of Nov

• Advertisement

Yea Foo's were announced near the end of Nov

GNR the start of December last year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The last time Pj negotiated with this particular promoter to headline a festival here, it ended up not happening. They have way way way more clout now and slane sorta feels likely?

This is just a bs rumour but it’s as likely real as it is bs. I’m not honking they’re in talks but also waiting for the other dates to sell out before they announce.
    Pipe dream maybe but that initial post gives hope.

I was all resigned to the fact that they weren't going to play, and there yaa go and give a glimmer of hope.....

IT HAS TO HAPPEN .... hopefully... 25years ! wow.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Sorted for Berlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Sorted for Amsterdam and London 1

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

ANYWHERE but Slane. Nevermind getting in and out of it, the place is the poorest run venue I have ever been to. I went for GnR last year (begrudgingly because of venue but couldnt miss it) and thank god it was raining all morning because it kept the crowds away and you could get food/drink/toilet easily enough. Once it got later and people turned up, 30 minutes trying to get to a loo and forget getting a drink. Got home to Dublin at 3.30am.

It's just painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hoping to get Rome tickets on Monday when they go on sale. Does anyone know if I have to set up an account with Ticketmaster.it, or will they be available on Ticketmaster Ireland? So far nothing showing up on the Irish site.

Fvck this band. Berlin flight booked.

Now to find a ticket.

Hoping to get Rome tickets on Monday when they go on sale. Does anyone know if I have to set up an account with Ticketmaster.it, or will they be available on Ticketmaster Ireland? So far nothing showing up on the Irish site.

Probably won't show on the Irish site. I'd get an Italian account just in case

Now to find a ticket.

The Friday race begins. Odds on me being in some signal black hole in Laois are high too

• Advertisement

Now to find a ticket.

same feeling man and all the lovely people here giving my ideas lol

Im planning on London 1, have my hotel booked (King William Hotel in Greenwich E72 for a night) and going to book flights after i get a ticket. Im going to the foos in Manchester on the 19th June so have to get a train to Manchester the day after. Trying to sort how i can get from place to place in a quck safe manner

Advertisement