Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Berlin tickets sorted. Now to find some beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

david75 wrote: »
    Berlin tickets sorted. Now to find some beds.

What site did you use David?
    Flights ?

Seriously tempted ......... last chance to see them ? :rolleyes::confused::o

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ugh, phone "wasn't connected" so had to refresh, way back in queue. Got to office, phone connected to WiFi, auto refresh and now further back

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I got London on the Tuesday. Wasn't my first choice but beggars can't be choosers. Got the tickets on Amazon. Block 408 no row number. It'll be my first time seeing Pearl Jam so I'm super excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I got London on the Tuesday. Wasn't my first choice but beggars can't be choosers. Got the tickets on Amazon. Block 408 no row number. It'll be my first time seeing Pearl Jam so I'm super excited

Great. Delighted for you. It'll be a great show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone manage to get standing for london?

zweton wrote: »
    anyone manage to get standing for london?

I haven't. When it comes to rock shows of this ilk I almost feel like there are near-mythical questions I have of how people manage to get them.

greenspurs wrote: »
    What site did you use David?
    Flights ?

Seriously tempted ......... last chance to see them ? :rolleyes::confused::o

Got one from a touring pal and just posted in the fb group looking for another and scored from a chap in Denmark. Sorted.

Won’t be the last chance to see them. Book the flights. You’ll get in if you go. Soooo many people left with spare tickets last time. I really don’t know where this ticket hysteria comes from but TM keeping tickets for seateave and viagogo isn’t helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Going to Prague, looking forward to it.
    Wanted Berlin tickets, wasn't having any joy.

Just need to get flights sorted now. Can't fupping wait though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ok what are the best 'other PJ songs that they are likely too play ???. I'm familiar with the big hits like Alive, Jeremy, Black, Better man, Even flow etc. I've fallen in love with 'Last Kiss, 'Elderly Women Behind the Counter' and few songs off Lightning bolt. love there live version of Neil Youngs Rocking in the free world

is the new live DVD worth buying or PJ Twenty

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ok what are the best 'other PJ songs that they are likely too play ???. I'm familiar with the big hits like Alive, Jeremy, Black, Better man, Even flow etc. I've fallen in love with 'Last Kiss, 'Elderly Women Behind the Counter' and few songs off Lightning bolt. love there live version of Neil Youngs Rocking in the free world

Corduroy and Rearviewmirror, although they probably fall under the etc. Pj20 is more a documentary, but has some live performances in there rather than a concert dvd.

Got tickets for Berlin. It was some hassle every step of the way but worth it now. Time to book flights!

never play the same setlist..youre not gonna get anything you expect outside of even flow and alive. Pearl jam live at the garden is a good live dvd you can get for only a few quid.. full live convert

lets just take a minute to freak out about how fvckin awesome Pj are whenever they play Berlin :)
    or anywhere..but Berlin seems to pull great shows out of em.

actually this was probably my favourite 1/2 combo out of all the Pj shows ive seen....Given to fly and hard to imagine back to back

forgot this one..whole live film shot on the italian tour...

some amazing performances in here and beautifully shot

lets just take a minute to freak out about how fvckin awesome Pj are whenever they play Berlin :)
    or anywhere..but Berlin seems to pull great shows out of em.

It's why I want to go there. That and the venue. Was watching the 2010 show, it's in full on YouTube.

well the berlin show this time is in a different venue to this one, but still looks like a gorgeous place...

Have to agree with David on recommendations for Live at the Garden and Immagine in Cornice.

The first captures and conveys the spirit of a PJ show very well.

The second does the same but for a tour rather than a specific show.

You won't get Alive or Evenflow on Live at the Garden, but they're on Immagine in Cornice.

Edit: Evenflow might be on LATG too, now that I think about it.

Lets play two is the most...its the film that absolutely captures them and what they do live...i just wish there was more actual concert stuff in it and less of the baseball stuff but hey..cant win em all

going to buy lets play too and then watch one of the full live shows in YouTube full blast new years eve with a few beverages lol

• Advertisement

i dont know if id start with lets play two, but at the same time its the best footage of them ever shot, if some weird song choices, either way, enjoy..

well the berlin show this time is in a different venue to this one, but still looks like a gorgeous place...

They look so similar. Excuses the mixing up the names by me though. Unreal looking slot, can try do stadium tour beside it too.

Mushy wrote: »
    They look so similar. Excuses the mixing up the names by me though. Unreal looking slot, can try do stadium tour beside it too.

the new venue is just wulheide on steroids..ive been to see Pj in wulheide 4 times and out of my 39 shows they are each of them in the top 5! Berlin is the place to see Pj..all these different elements combine to make a magical experience, its a wonderful venue..theres a little miniature train run by boyscouts you can get on for €1 and it takes you through the woods surrounding the venue but when you get there its just beautiful...this new venue is even better by all accounts, except that its steep as all hell and the toilets and bars are miles away..

eithway the point remains, pj in berlin is the one to pick on any tour and its usually mid tour oddly..theyve oiled up and are full steam..but theyre not knackered yet and bored, like you see sometimes by the end...

Prob a bit too old to be considered a modern PJ live experience, but Touring Band 2000 is my fave by a long shot.

That being said I need to check out Let's Play Two

fluke wrote: »
    Prob a bit too old to be considered a modern PJ live experience, but Touring Band 2000 is my fave by a long shot.

That being said I need to check out Let's Play Two

How did I forget about TB2000??? Amazing dvd!!

Watched Let’s Play Two last night. Man it’s really emotional in parts. Really powerful.

My Lets Play Too Blu Ray arrived today and it came with a booklet inside

cant wait to watch it

My London 1 ticket came too €103.58(£88.45)

Berlin part of the holiday booked anyway, hotel across river from one of the main stations, quick train to venue. Roll on July.

David, I forgot about my envelope so will send it today

in 'let's play too' that performance of All The Way with the montage of the cubs winning the world series was very emotional and touching and I'm not even a baseball fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

lads is there such a thing as toutless for amsterdam?im looking for one ticket for the 12th of june in amsterdam show.any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Berlin part of the holiday booked anyway, hotel across river from one of the main stations, quick train to venue. Roll on July.

David, I forgot about my envelope so will send it today

cool no worries!
    just waiting on a few others to arrive and tghen ill send them allout friday!

Advertisement