Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

lads is there such a thing as toutless for amsterdam?im looking for one ticket for the 12th of june in amsterdam show.any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried the various facebook pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Have you tried the various facebook pages?

Would you believe I'm not on Facebook.my brother is though.what Facebook page?

There's a page for each gig, here's the Amsterdam one
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1945887809065983/

There's an overall one for the European tour.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634908800101760/

There is one called Pearl Jam European Summer 2018 Spare Tickets/Trades
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/376574372442229/

Your brother would need to join each and just ask. I'm sure you'll pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

There's a page for each gig, here's the Amsterdam one
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1945887809065983/

There's an overall one for the European tour.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634908800101760/

There is one called Pearl Jam European Summer 2018 Spare Tickets/Trades
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/376574372442229/

Your brother would need to join each and just ask. I'm sure you'll pick one up

Wow that's brilliant.thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delboy007 wrote: »

Yeah they're excellent. Acoustic show be fun, am hoping to make the Cork show myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone know when should receive ticketmaster tics in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I got my Italian tickets just after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Delboy007 wrote: »

I have seen them 3 times in the Academy (Green room). They are excellent. Played a great setlist. The admission price alone (only about €12) was worth it for Alive followed by Rearviewmirror. But it was livelier tunes that kept the night going. I don’t know how an acoustic will work for a tribute band. The real thing i.e. Eddie & co, could fart into a bottle all night and we’d be in awe. But I don’t know if a covers band would be able to keep the momentum going for 2 hours purely with an acoustic set. But in fairness, like I say, they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

david75 wrote: »
    "Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show"

Any developments on this rumour ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

greenspurs wrote: »
    Any developments on this rumour ??

Oh yea nearly forgot about that , Would love to see them announce Slane or even just an Irish show

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Just wondering why no new album. There has never been such a long gap between two Pearl Jam studio albums. It's now four years and three montn since last album as time between Backspacer and Lightning Bolt was four years and a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah they're excellent. Acoustic show be fun, am hoping to make the Cork show myself

Definielty go see them! I've seen them about 5 or 6 times now, they never disappoint! play a great set list and the singer has an incredible voice!
    I think they even take requests, just ask them on their facebook page :)

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Definielty go see them! I've seen them about 5 or 6 times now, they never disappoint! play a great set list and the singer has an incredible voice!
    I think they even take requests, just ask them on their facebook page :)

Yeah I saw them once or twice alright (even got one members other band to play our wedding). May need to stay in on weekend of Cork show though, won't know till the day.

finhex wrote: »
    Just wondering why no new album. There has never been such a long gap between two Pearl Jam studio albums. It's now four years and three montn since last album as time between Backspacer and Lightning Bolt was four years and a month.

There probably will be a new album, but a band like Pearl Jam don't need to make new records to tour, they have such a large back catalog. Their last few albums haven't really been up to scratch either, so I'd prefer no album to more of the same.

Be great if they made a really passionate, angry album like Vs.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah I saw them once or twice alright (even got one members other band to play our wedding). May need to stay in on weekend of Cork show though, won't know till the day.

Sorry mushy I meant to reply to Delboy007's question :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I thought Pearl Jem were great last night lads. The lead singer has some voice! I was a bit surprised at the casual nature of the crowd though. There was a hell of a lot of talking going on through songs and towards the end a woman behind me said "This is only the second song I know." I'd have thought that people would typically only go to a tribute band when they actually know the real band's work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I thought Pearl Jem were great last night lads. The lead singer has some voice! I was a bit surprised at the casual nature of the crowd though. There was a hell of a lot of talking going on through songs and towards the end a woman behind me said "This is only the second song I know." I'd have thought that people would typically only go to a tribute band when they actually know the real band's work!

I was there also, my 3rd time seeing them. Really are very good and as you said the lead singers voice is excellent.

We had a few around us that looked out of place as well but mostly people were singing along to songs. I reckon there was about 70-80 at the gig? Decent turn out for Malahide on a thurs night.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

It's every time same disappoinment when I see that there are new posts in this Pearl Jam thread and then after opening I can find only posts regarding some lame tribute band instead of real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

It's every time same disappoinment when I see that there are new posts in this Pearl Jam thread and then after opening I can find only posts regarding some lame tribute band instead of real thing.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

While I won't call them "lame" having not seen them, I agree - less Pearl Jam tribute discussion, more actual Pearl Jam discussion.

Anyway all I know is I'm seeing them in Rome this summer, first time since 2010 so that should be a real treat.

While I won't call them "lame" having not seen them, I agree - less Pearl Jam tribute discussion, more actual Pearl Jam discussion.

Anyway all I know is I'm seeing them in Rome this summer, first time since 2010 so that should be a real treat.

In fairness theres not much from the Pearl Jam side of things, so why not chat about whetting the appetite for summer?

Unless anyone can hint on a support act for the shows? There's a few I'd like, but unsure if they take anyone out on tour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

looks like they’re gonna be doing a string of gigs in Seattle.
    Announcement on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

U ok hun?

Seattle shows just announced. Aug 8th and 10th

But that was leaked last week anyway.

Pearl Jam will host The Home Shows -- two headlining concerts at Safeco Field on Wednesday August 8, 2018 and Friday August 10, 2018. The shows aim to unite the community to help alleviate homelessness in the city of Seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Pearl Jam will host The Home Shows -- two headlining concerts at Safeco Field on Wednesday August 8, 2018 and Friday August 10, 2018. The shows aim to unite the community to help alleviate homelessness in the city of Seattle.

I would have loved to see them play in Seattle this year... have a wedding on the 10th though so have to wait for another time

They donating all the proceeds? or is it to "raise awareness" .... #Cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

They donating all the proceeds? or is it to "raise awareness" .... #Cynical.

I think they're donating a million dollars

I think they're donating a million dollars

*Applauds ..... muted :rolleyes:

Sooooo, Why aren't they playing Ireland ?

"We wont leave it so long next time"

Eddie - 2010 + 2012 ... :mad:

• Advertisement

*Applauds ..... muted :rolleyes:

Sooooo, Why aren't they playing Ireland ?

"We wont leave it so long next time"

Eddie - 2010 + 2012 ... :mad:

Plenty of pages discussing why they aren't playing Ireland there. Many countries they aren't playing too

Advertisement