Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Mushy wrote: »
    Plenty of pages discussing why they aren't playing Ireland there. Many countries they aren't playing too

Apologies, I didn't realise it was your thread, and you can decide what questions are asked ! :rolleyes:

But I'm not in "many countries they aren't playing" .... I'm just in this one !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

greenspurs wrote: »
    Apologies, I didn't realise it was your thread, and you can decide what questions are asked ! :rolleyes:

But I'm not in "many countries they aren't playing" .... I'm just in this one !

Well you ask it repeatedly and it gets discussed, it's not like the answer will change.

They can't play everywhere, there are far bigger places they aren't playing. I didn't realise you were the boss of where they get to play!

Well you ask it repeatedly and it gets discussed, it's not like the answer will change.

They can't play everywhere, there are far bigger places they aren't playing. I didn't realise you were the boss of where they get to play!

And you are a Mod ? :rolleyes:

And you are a Mod ? :rolleyes:

I'm not, unless I'm not aware!

Bands say stuff all the time on stage, don't take them seriously and you won't be as disappointed/annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Put my name in for the presales in Chicago and Boston.... They're playing on my birthday in Boston. That is the dream

• Advertisement

PauloConn wrote: »
    Put my name in for the presales in Chicago and Boston.... They're playing on my birthday in Boston. That is the dream

Good luck with them, joked with a mate about meeting him halfway for the Boston shows but unfortunately it was only a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Good luck with them, joked with a mate about meeting him halfway for the Boston shows but unfortunately it was only a joke

Yeah, its a long way to go but how often will I get the chance to see them on my birthday. The saving started last year for such an eventuallity

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Dave thanks for you know what..arrived in the post yesterday..and the other page that came with it..nice touch..good insight in to what those langers got up to that dayðŸ˜.i owe you a pint or ten in Berlin..much appreciated man🀙🀘

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Dave thanks for you know what..arrived in the post yesterday..and the other page that came with it..nice touch..good insight in to what those langers got up to that dayðŸ˜.i owe you a pint or ten in Berlin..much appreciated man🀙🀘

The cork setlist!!
    I don’t mind even telling this story. I got your envelope and a bunch of others and I had lost the fvckin original!! I was in a panic!! Very literally tore the house apart. It was gone. I was gutted and mortified. Then it randomly turned up during the week in me Star Wars bag I don’tuse cos it’s too posh!! Happy days!!
    There was no madness in cork really. We took a great many mad photos is all :)
    As below :)

Delighted you got it :) magical nights. Cork and Dublin both :)

Speaking Of. Posting this again cos ed sounds damn good here. And yes glen is reminding him what the first line is :)

• Advertisement

If you haven’t seen let’s Play Two it’s on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/Z1Y8ds4Pqlw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

trying to plan out my london trip for june

Flying out to London City Airport at 11.50am on the 18th June and staying in the King William Hotel in Greenwich

Plan on going to the London Eye as you will see all the main tourist spots from there and of course England are playing Tunisa in the World cup that day too

Heading to Manchester the next day for the foo fighters so have to find a way to get from the hotel to Euston station for my train ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Sounds cool. I connected Lisbon NOS Festival with few days away in Portugal with friends. Weather should be good. Also check the lineup for the day and Alice in Chains is on the same day. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

PTH2009 wrote: »

Flying out to London City Airport at 11.50am on the 18th June and staying in the King William Hotel in Greenwich

Plan on going to the London Eye as you will see all the main tourist spots from there and of course England are playing Tunisa in the World cup that day too

Heading to Manchester the next day for the foo fighters so have to find a way to get from the hotel to Euston station for my train ??

OOh I haven't booked anything yet, but was wondering is it worth flying the london city airport rather than stansted or any other? It's real close to the arena isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mimimcmc wrote: »
    OOh I haven't booked anything yet, but was wondering is it worth flying the london city airport rather than stansted or any other? It's real close to the arena isnt it?

it would be cause ur in the city if you choose LC Airport and near enough a lot of places. Stansted is handy too but you will to get the Stansted express into the city

Im hoping the tube will get me around places, The hotel looks a bit of craphole but it will do and its 20 min drive away from the o2. The best for me is to book the train to manchester online 3 days before the 19th June as I get it much cheaper and my god are trains in the UK expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

PTH2009 wrote: »

As its a working weekday morning in central london id go train/tube instead of taxi so from that hotel walk two mins to maze hill train station and get the train to london bridge station..transfer to london bridge underground which brings you to euston..total journey time just over 30 minutes..train costs about €6 and tube about €2.

Don’t know how or why. Listening to a podcast, Holding my phone with grubby hands and out of nowhere it switched to playing Faitful

What a truly great fvckin song man. Then I had to listen to the rest of Yield :) and I hadn’t even heard pearl jam in my ears for months :)

What a song. Pearl jam write a bridge better than anyone (well, Stone does;) ) this one has one too :)

david75 wrote: »
    Don’t know how or why. Listening to a podcast, Holding my phone with grubby hands and out of nowhere it switched to playing Faitful

What a truly great fvckin song man. Then I had to listen to the rest of Yield :) and I hadn’t even heard pearl jam in my ears for months :)

What a song. Pearl jam write a bridge better than anyone (well, Stone does;) ) this one has one too :)

Would love to hear Yield in full in Berlin, favourite album .

Thanks for the Setlist too, now to get it in a frame with the poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Waiting for a ride at eurodisney a few weeks ago...and look what I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

Waiting for a ride at eurodisney a few weeks ago...and look what I see!

Rock n rollercoaster :D

Anybody hear who has the proposed 4th Croker gig this year...

Could it be PJ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

piplip87 wrote: »
    Rock n rollercoaster :D

Anybody hear who has the proposed 4th Croker gig this year...

Could it be PJ

Doubt it since they have no other dates around at that time.

In case anyone’s interested. Glen recorded live in New York last week. New songs being played live. Great setlist. Sounds Brillo. The story about rowing on a tiny little boat all the way from Ireland to Spain is worth it alone :)

Glen Hansard's performance recorded by WFUV radio last week in NYC can be found here. Nice selection of songs and interview with a special appearance by David Keenan as well.

http://www.wfuv.org/node/107889

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

david75 wrote: »
    In case anyone’s interested. Glen recorded live in New York last week. New songs being played live. Great setlist. Sounds Brillo. The story about rowing on a tiny little boat all the way from Ireland to Spain is worth it alone :)

Glen Hansard's performance recorded by WFUV radio last week in NYC can be found here. Nice selection of songs and interview with a special appearance by David Keenan as well.

http://www.wfuv.org/node/107889

Thx for the link. Will check it out

I'm arriving in Ca'Savio on June 23 - Pearl Jam in Padova on the 24th .... Soooo tempted !!

It would be a long solo trip, getting there would be fine, but the trip back via Venice at that time of night could be difficult....

Yield is 20 years old today

I'm arriving in Ca'Savio on June 23 - Pearl Jam in Padova on the 24th .... Soooo tempted !!

It would be a long solo trip, getting there would be fine, but the trip back via Venice at that time of night could be difficult....

Is overnight in Padova/Venice an option? Would be rude not to like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

What are the chances of getting a standing tic for the first night? Only got seated for second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

What are the chances of getting a standing tic for the first night? Only got seated for second.

Some fan I am.

‘everything has chains..absolutely nothing’s changed’ is how it is.

I been singing the wrong lyrics all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

To be fair,this band must hold the record for the most misheard/misinterpreted lyrics of all time. I’m a fan for 25 years or so and still,every so often I listen to a song and think “fcuk,that’s what Ed is saying” when I’ve been thinking something else for all thoee years!!

It’s part of the magic 😀

Advertisement