Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price/where to buy a child seat for a bike?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I'm living in Galway but willing to buy online.
    I haven't made up my mind fully on a rear seat or crossbar seat (I've seen the other threads but my feeling is crossbar....).
    Anyway any recommended sites, shops to buy one at a good price?

I like Edibburgh cycles and have been looking at these, mainly this front mounted one.

Cheers,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For front seat, consider a Bobike Mini. I don't have one, but was about to purchase until (today) I bought a trailer instead.

I have two rear seats, a rack-mounted Pletshier, and a seat-tube mounted Hamax Sleepy. Prefer the design of the Hamax, much quicker to mount and dismount, although the seat tube bracket just grazes my calves slightly.

Seat tube mounted is crap. I have one in the shed, never used. Apart from anything else, it makes you cycle knees-akimbo, which must be biomechanically awful.

Advertisement