Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Zoo 25th April Thread

• 25-04-2009 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Suppose I'll start a thread for the pics as there was a good few of us there, don't know if they were all boards users or DCC people.

I had a great day, havn't been in the zoo since my communion so it was good to go back :)

Thanks to everyone involved :)

Heres a few of my favourite....

762783EABCD944B19FAAA3F0B4B1F17C-800.jpg

A2CF1D866E5A46BCB916D20D6F63D6C0-800.jpg

65F9D926F65E43439F0B86F8733E1883-800.jpg

6BFC440C2D9546AF8E28C3E2627139D9-800.jpg

6A1C8FE97CC54BB5B1F1694BD14FF6D0-800.jpg

F0507D2B59454DD9ADF4823A4D34B40C-800.jpg

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The last one is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

thanks, thats my fav one from the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

beertons wrote: »
    The last one is lovely.

+1 to that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Love no.1 and 6. no 2 looks slightly out of focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Really like 1,2 & 6. Glad you had a great day. Did the early opening make a difference ? I had told Cathy that I was going but had to cancel at the last moment due to my wife booking me in a extra pupil for guitar lessons.

Try upping the saturation on the oranges in no. 6. It just needs a tweek.

• Advertisement

The early opening was a must, when the crowds did start coming in it was jammers and couldn't get a photo without someone in it..
    All in all a great day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Lovely photos. I very like the 1st one, the "facial" impression indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Will you get as good ones tonight?

Dunno, I've never worked with animals of Kev's calibre before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Love the Tiger shot. I think the Owl beats it for impact though. I can hear that screech.

Did it take long waiting for the tigers to be in a good position like that?
    I gave up on my last trip - caught them at nap time :confused:

Good work - looks like a good trip!

• Advertisement

Cheers. They were right up at the window. I think early morning is the best time, there just waking and arnt overwhelmed with kids so dont mind a few snaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Great shots Tallon, love 1 & 6. :)

Was going to head myself but didnt know any others going, like yourself its years since id been may head in with the camera some day tho.

Jemmy wrote: »
    Was going to head myself but didnt know any others going ........ may head in with the camera some day tho.

Jaz Jemmy, what's the worst case scenario. Ye know no one, your kit is crap and you arrive in yer jammies :D

Ye don't need an excuse man. The hardest part is getting out there. We're all the same. Ordinary joes and joesophines who like taking pics for a pasttime. We learn from each other and so what if you take better pix than me. Some day I'll be as good as you, and if I'm not well I'll do the best I can.

Once you meet us gang of geeks you'll either run or face reality :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Tallon just curious what camera do you use? Some great shots on your pixie too. Love this one also! lol
    Jaz Jemmy, what's the worst case scenario. Ye know no one, your kit is crap and you arrive in yer jammies :D

Ye don't need an excuse man. The hardest part is getting out there. We're all the same. Ordinary joes and joesophines who like taking pics for a pasttime. We learn from each other and so what if you take better pix than me. Some day I'll be as good as you, and if I'm not well I'll do the best I can.

Once you meet us gang of geeks you'll either run or face reality :D

Well it would have been borrowed kit, jammies in Dublin sure id have fit right in oh and I'm a girl! :D

I've meet one or two 'geeks' before,:P just for my first meet was a lil worried going on my own I didnt know if it was more a DCC meet or boards, ah well next time! :D

Lol well it would have been borrowed kit, jammies in Dublin id have fit right in oh and I'm a girl! :D

I've meet one or two 'geeks' before,:P just for my first meet was a lil worried going on my own, next time! :D

So long as ye arrive in yer silkies yed be fine ;).
    There'll be plenty of meets over the summer. Just pop right over and ye'll fit right in lass. An yea I knew ye were a lass all along. Man's just a phrase to fit ye in

(oops caught by the gil hoolies)
    // skurries along in embarrasment

Great shots Tallon, love 1 & 6. :)

Was going to head myself but didnt know any others going, like yourself its years since id been may head in with the camera some day tho.

You should have just came along, I didn't know anybody there so I brought my GF who loves animals and is big into film photgraphy. It really was a great day
    Tallon just curious what camera do you use?

I use an Olympus SP-550 UZ. It's a bridge camera and doesn't take interchangeable lenses, but it does take fantastic pictures.
    I'm only a budding photographer so spending €1000+ on a kit doesn't make sense to me!
    Some great shots on your pixie too.

And, thanks

I think photography is half kit and half the person being able to find good shots & locations.
    proof of this can be found in the Mobile phone thread

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Great pictures looks like it was a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Didnt know about this thread, was looking at the other one.
    Enjoyable day, glad the rain held off, shame the Lion was pretty unfriendly.
    Was good opportunity to see a lot of the animals doing 'breakfast'.

Not sure about faves but like these three.

This is the set link for a few more.. appreciate any feedback.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1867swfc/sets/72157617426212166/

3480988167_b81846b655.jpg

3480975057_6ee0f852e4.jpg

3481749124_eb7e1f0846.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I didnt know if it was more a DCC meet or boards, ah well next time! :D

There was a proposed Boards trip to the Zoo at Easter & DCC were going to have one as well. The advice we got at DCC was that Easter is mad in the Zoo & so postponed it. We also negotiated to get early access & invited any from Boards along that wanted to join in.

You really should have come along, I would have been there if I wasn't in London for the Marathon or Limerick for the IPF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

How on earth did I not spot the giraffes when I was there?? :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement