Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffy Diet ??

Options
  • 25-04-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi Guys. My staffy Max is nearly two years old, good healthy little chap. However when i browse through the net looking for answers relating to Staffy diets they all have different answers, just wondering what owners here reccomend. I have also read that his/hers ribs should be partially visible but not too much. Max's ribs are visible 99% of the time but he is not scrawny either, to me he is quite a solid build due to the amount of excercise he gets. I don't think his current diet is bad but not sure if it should be better !! As i said he is a good strong healthy fellow but diet q's and answers are leading me astray at the mo. If its ok with mods i will post a pic of him?? and you can give me your opinions. Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hi Biggy,
    The staffie that I am fostering at the moment is being fed on the wellbeloved dry food. She loves it. She also gets 2 spoonfuls of pro biotic yogurt for her smelly farts. :p She has come on loads since I've been feeding her the new diet. She's such a gorgeous girl!!
    Put up a pic of your staffie so we can see him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭biggybum

here are 2 pics of Max !!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

I'm not a staffy owner but a good friend of mine has 4 i'll ask her to pop in to see if she has any info for you!

If you can get your hands on some green tripe, feed it to max, its the best thing for gaining weight, its disgusting smelling but well worth it and max will love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My guys get Royal Canin dry food daily, usually mixed with lambs liver, chicken or tuna.

For a wet food I give them Dunnes Stores grub!. Not sure of the name off the top of my head, but it comes in small square foil tubs and don't let the Dunnes Stores name put you off - its stuffed full of meat, actually it looks lovely :D

The guys devour it.

Advertisement