Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying vBulletin second hand

Options
  • 25-04-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of migrating a forum i run from phpbb3 to vBulletin and looking on-line the only place I can find that sells license second hand is vBulletinSetup.com which ironically you need to be an owner already to buy one!

Surely there must be loads of people out there with "owned" licenses that for whatever reason have decided not to continue with their forums and wouldn't mind getting something back for their investment?
    Its $180 for a license which seem too much to me for the size for my forum , i'd be prepared to pay maybe $100 though second hand.

Anyone know of another site where people sell licenses, or if anyone here wants to flog me theirs then hit the PM button!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

It might be against the terms of the licence to sell it on. $180 is very reasonable for good paid-up commercial software. There are also Open Source/free alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

kevteljeur wrote: »
    It might be against the terms of the licence to sell it on. .
    You can sell on an "owned" license. You can't sell on a "leased" license

Where to get them? They turn up on a lot of the webmaster forums such as DigitalPoint or SitePoint

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You could always consider buying Invision Power Board, which IMO, is better then vBulletin. Its a lot less bloated anyway.

They sell second hand licenses, I believe, still @ http://www.invisionize.com/forums/

Im not sure of any other market place forums. IPB is cheap enough anyway

Advertisement