Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spandau Ballet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They were always sh1te- only one good song - To Cut A Long Story Short.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I wasn't expecting much but that was a great live performance on Friday. Streets ahead of all those all singing no instrument boy bands that have followed over the last 20 years or so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

greendom wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting much but that was a great live performance on Friday. Streets ahead of all those all singing no instrument boy bands that have followed over the last 20 years or so.
    There was a lot of that going on then too though Greenhorn. Take TOTP at Spands time...no live playing or singing of music. There was much less live performances of chart bands back in the 80's than there is now. It's very rarely you see fully mimed performances now. Frankie Goes To Hollywood (one excellent album al the same) and Milli Vanilli spring to mind automatically for people pulling the wool over peoples eyes as far as pretending to play. These days the industry does at least try to save us this by simply sticking them on stage as a singing group.
    The Nolans perhaps?
    Spandau were crap then as now. That was a good performance mind you. Then that was from a band known to write and play their own music which wasn't all that common back in the 80's. And certainly live performing on television was far more rare. Indeed The Old Grey...' and The Tube are noted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

(I like Chant no1(I don't need this pressure on).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

humberklog wrote: »
    (I like Chant no1(I don't need this pressure on).

i hate Spandau Ballet. However, I love Gold. I'm not proud of this....

Now playing: R.E.M. - Low
    via FoxyTunes

• Advertisement
Advertisement