Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music videos?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

i don't know if this is the right place to be asking this but does anyone out there know where i should look to get a low budget music video done preferably by a student. we've put up adds in colleges but is there any forums out there worth checking out where we might find what we're looking for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

You could always put an ad on Gumtree, I find it great for posting ads for services, but I prefer Buy&Sell for buying/selling stuff!

You might even find a student looking to make a video, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

i don't know if this is the right place to be asking this but does anyone out there know where i should look to get a low budget music video done preferably by a student. we've put up adds in colleges but is there any forums out there worth checking out where we might find what we're looking for?

Just remember.....you get what you pay for ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Depending on what you're looking for and how low this "low budget" is I could quite possibly do it for you. As somebody already mentioned though you get what you pay for. If you're willing to invest the time and money the end result would be up there with anything you'll see from a professional band however if you're only looking to spend buttons the end result will reflect that. Best thing is to drop me a pm with as any details, link to the song, video concepts you have you can and we can take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

if you are very lucky you could get a up and coming student who is very talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I'm a student and myself and two others managed to make Aslan's new music video. We left ourselves with very little time to shoot (2 days) and very little time to come up witht he idea.

They are happy with it so that's all that matters. We really want to do more!

Floorshow Films (2009)

• Advertisement

I'm a student and myself and two others managed to make Aslan's new music video. We left ourselves with very little time to shoot (2 days) and very little time to come up witht he idea.

They are happy with it so that's all that matters. We really want to do more!

Floorshow Films (2009)

How long did it take you to edit it? How much footage did you shoot?

Hi Bob,

We shot about 4 hours of footage. We had a rough edit after about a week and then a final cut after about 1 week and 1/2. The online editing was about 4-5 hours maybe less but we had a professional do that.

It was editied on Adobe Premier. We had some difficulties exporting the files but we sorted that out eventually.

Oh, and a PR guy from EMI had warned us about a short scene where our male protagonist takes a drag off a cigarette. We had to cut that out to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

oops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 0010100

If you're in no rush you should contact pulse recording college, each year a group has to record an ep with a band and produce a podcast/music video.

It won't start until the end of the year/ start of next year though.

Hi Bob,

We shot about 4 hours of footage. We had a rough edit after about a week and then a final cut after about 1 week and 1/2. The online editing was about 4-5 hours maybe less but we had a professional do that.

It was editied on Adobe Premier. We had some difficulties exporting the files but we sorted that out eventually.

Oh, and a PR guy from EMI had warned us about a short scene where our male protagonist takes a drag off a cigarette. We had to cut that out to be safe.

Its pretty good. Sometimes you better working with tight deadlines

Do you think the profession editor was better? I have shot something myself similiar and yours gave me the idea of a pro editor

• Advertisement

Bob, I think you are right. Working on the tight schedule made us work nearly everyday we could. We made shot lists, debated about certain scenes and had a sneaky game of Pro Evo on the Xbox aswell.

Well, we did all the editing. The pro we had added the vignetting and blur. also some levels. He used Avid. Otherwise we would have attempted it ourselves. The editor was 'on the house.' If you can do it yourself, do it. I wasn't framiliar with Avid at the time. I'm mainly a photographer but the chap put it nicely:

" It's like Photoshop for film editing."

Got to get my hands on it.

What did you shoot? Tell me more about your production..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chabby

rik crothers does cheap videos - www.myspace.com/digitalphuck
    the two videos above got him jobs with RTE, BBC, C4 etc

Advertisement