Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Hey.
    Going out with a female friend of mine this thursday and I have totally blanked on where to go.
    Not looking for somewhere soppy and romantic (been there, done that) but somewhere a bit lively and hopefully some good music.
    Both 20 so Im not looking for trad sessions or live jazz venues. :cool:
    Im thinking of catching a band in Dorans at the momenet but I am open to suggestions.

Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sin E

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Actually she mentioned that a few weeks ago when we walked past it.
    Is there anything good in there on a thursday night?
    Live Music???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pints in Dorans are a rip-off btw, €5.25 iirc.

Actually she mentioned that a few weeks ago when we walked past it.
    Is there anything good in there on a thursday night?
    Live Music???:pac:

Usually somebody DJ'ing, but you'll get live music in there the odd night alright. Tbh, the music is usually good enough you don't have to worry about it. Thursday night usually brings out plenty of lively folk, and good craic. I've said it plenty of times before on these forums, I've never had a bad night in Sín É. It can get busy very early in there, just to be warned.

Oh, and it's 100% not soppy and romantic...

Pints in Dorans are a rip-off btw, €5.25 iirc.

Yep, tis crazily expensive. Was in there wednesday night.
    Kopperberg + Bulmers = €13 :mad:

• Advertisement

Why don't you try some of the cheap indie clubs on a Thursday night?

"Cooler Than You" in Kennedy’s on Westland Row http://www.myspace.com/coolerthanyoudublin

"Control Delete" in Andrews Lane Theatre

Never been to either but they're suppose to be decent enough with drink promos and like a fiver in.

Kennedy's is a dive imo. It's too hot, too sweaty, too packed, music so loud you can't actually hear it... And you have to pay a fiver in!

Andrews Lane has potential, but tbh, I've never felt the place had any athmosphere, any weeknight I've been in, it feel like it needs another 150 people to get the place going.

Personally, I don't like paying in anywhere I'm going to be boozing for a night anyways.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Kennedy's is a dive imo. It's too hot, too sweaty, too packed, music so loud you can't actually hear it... And you have to pay a fiver in!

Andrews Lane has potential, but tbh, I've never felt the place had any athmosphere, any weeknight I've been in, it feel like it needs another 150 people to get the place going.

Personally, I don't like paying in anywhere I'm going to be boozing for a night anyways.

Never been in Kennedy's, but I agree with Andrews Lane, been in there only for Trashed! a few times but when it gets packed (e.g. Paddys Night) it's very uncomfortable.

I don't mind paying in if there's cheap drink, good music and I'm planning on staying there the whole night.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I definitely would not bring her to cooler than you. Its a good old spot, but just not for a date.
    I think Im going to check out sin e on thursday then.
    Feel free to keep the suggestions rolling in. I might change my mind.

Btw Fajitas, how early should I be in Sin e to grab a seat. Dont fancy standing all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

you won't get a seat in Sin E after 9.30/10ish
    not a chance

it's a brilliant bar though, I'm a big fan

• Advertisement
Advertisement