Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The quality of refing in the Premiership?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

eagle eye wrote: »
    His point is that United get these decisions going their way almost every week at home.

I pointed out that Howard Webb did not give a penalty to Blackburn and did not give Ronaldo a second yellow card in a recent game at Old Trafford.

He also failed to give a penalty to Messi in that game against Bayern Munich when they were running riot in the first leg.

So basically he is one not to give penalties easily but when it comes to United at home he makes a shocking decision in their favour.

So its ok that referees give dodgy decisions and are unaccountable in what is probably the highest profile league in the world? Poor reffing is obviously so endemic that its tolerated by some. I would shout out against any erroneous decision against the team i support or otherwise. If my team gained an advantage by an undeserved penalty i would be equally critical of the ref rest assured. Sport should be about the players and not the referees. When it becomes about the referees it just descends into farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Unearthly wrote: »
    His point and yours, is filled with bitterness that is clouding your judgement to see things how it is.

There are plenty of moments in the season that Man Utd didn't get a decision go their way, but this isn't highlighted as often in the end Man Utd won and it didn't affect the result that much.
    Oh really, so you say that the fact that Pedersen did not get a deserved penalty by the same referee, that Ronaldo did not get a yellow card for kick out at David Dunn for no good reason, that Messi did not get a penalty in a home match are good reasons for me being bitter.

I think you will find that there is no bitterness in what I say. I am just stating the facts.

A referee who has shown that he does not give penalties lightly in other games then turns around and makes a shocking call which at best was a 50/50 from a bad angle never mind from a good viewpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

K4t wrote: »
    I am speechless. And you are deluded.

Not sure why you are attributing those comments to be, they were uttered by another poster. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The ref booked Ronaldo for his celebration, total Spurs bias shown there. Shocking refereeing. I also saw him give a few free kicks to Spurs. We can't have referees doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

After watching The premiership just there:

That was as clear as penalty as I've seen in a long time. Gomez didn't touch the ball you. Clear penalty. This thread has proven to be pure jealousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That was as clear as penalty as I've seen in a long time. Gomez didn't touch the ball you. Clear penalty. This thread has proven to be pure jealousy.
    Yeah I just watched it, Are you blind or something?

Firstly the keeper gets a touch and secondly he never touched Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Gomez did the touch the ball, the best angle to see was from the refs view if only he was a bit closer but still never a penalty imo

The angle from behind the goal shown on rte doesnt show Gomez touch the ball but the one before that clearly does!

really wtf how can people miss that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ok, I'm closing this because at the moment it is just hosting overspill from the match thread. There is definitely a worthwhile discussion to be had about this topic, but it doesn't seem to be able to take place so soon after this evening's game.

I'll reopen the topic tomorrow when cooler heads can hopefully approach the matter somewhat dispassionately...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement