Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote - Good party island?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I understand that there is a lot to do for families in Lanzarote,
    But is it also a good island for young people to go to clubs/party etc.(ibiza sort of thing)?
    How much is a pint?
    What time do the pubs/clubs close?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

Lanzarote has a good mix - it's not as hedonistic as Ayia Napa or Ibiza but there's some good night life.

Puerto del Carmen is the largest resort and it has quite a few disco bars - head to Centro Atlantico in the new town. There's loads of disco bars there that generally open til about 3-4am.

Nightclubs open late and close late - sometimes up to 6am but there's not a huge number there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Lanzarote isn't a 'party island' but as said above it has a good mix! If you go to the Centro Atlantico you will have a good time.

When we were there a few months back, in one bar we were getting four (large) Smirnoff vodkas, 2 Redbull and 2 shots of some type of Schnapps for €10! Pints are about €2.50 local beer and most of the time 2 for 1! Irish bars are more expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

lanzarote is def not a party island!! went there in 04 for a girlie holiday which was perfect for sunbathing by day nice dinner + a few drinks, one night we decided to go out for the night + niteclub went to the cento atlantcio its good fun we use get free shot with our drinks things like that but it still wasnt anything to rave about we ment a group of lad from kildare who were on there 3/4th night of a 2wk trip and they just wanted to go home! the other nights we go to irish bars which were go craic with good live singers/bands. we all agreed we would only go back if it was a relaxing girlie break or when we had familys. if you looking for an "ibiza" 2 wk pub crawl type of holiday its def not for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lanzarotie has large very barren parts of it which is a bit dissapointing on arrival and ok for familys type things but wouldn't be in any hurry to go back again myself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

I agree that it's not for everyone Latchy but it's one of my favourite places. Hire a car and go off the beaten track - it's fabulous up the north of the island.

However, if you're into partying - there's plenty to do up in Centro Atlantico but as I said, it's no Ibiza or Ayia Napa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Andyfbt

I'm 24 and went to Lanzorate (Puerto del Carmen) twice, both outside the main season. First time with the ex g/f and another couple. We all loved it. The beach is the best I've been to in the Canaries. There are many bars and the people who work in them are great craic.

Went back in March with a mate for a week and we had a brilliant time, we didn't want to go home. There was not loads groups of men or groups of women but we went in March so a lot of people were just going away in pairs for a break and there were a lot of couples. But we met people every night of the week and as I said the people working in the bars are great craic.
    Usually we'd start off in a Karoke bar called Tittos. Drink was very well priced there, happy hour most of the night so we were paying 8 Euro for 4 pints (usually give them 2 euro tip). There was a good mix in there of young people but also couples and stuff but it was great laugh.
    After there we would make our way to the centre where most of the disco bars are. We would usually go to Hypnodrome or Nikki Bar. Both play chart music and were always really busy even for March. There you would usually get a bottle of beer for 5 Euro but again it would be 2 for 1 most of the time, especially if you get to know the staff.
    At the time there was only one night club open, 928. It is ok and not too expensive but full of locals so watch your pockets I would say.
    There is another club that opens during the peak peried called Caesers. I was in it the last time I was in Lanzorate and it was quite good and I'd say in peak season it would be the main place to go.
    Include in that the food prices are very good (Brian Boru's 4 Euro for full Irish breakfast) then i would say you won't be let down unless you want a big ultimate party holiday. Then I would go to Ayia Napa (where I am in 4 weeks :P). We were getting by on 100 a day in Lanzorate including breakfast and dinner although we weren't eating in the fanciest of places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

stainluss wrote: »
    I understand that there is a lot to do for families in Lanzarote,
    But is it also a good island for young people to go to clubs/party etc.(ibiza sort of thing)?
    How much is a pint?
    What time do the pubs/clubs close?

I was in Lanzarote a couple of time going back about 3-4 years ago. I really enjoy the clubs, bars but for partying I would not compare it to Ibiza, Dam the memories of Ibiza are coming back :D

Advertisement