Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La liga - week 33

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kinaldo wrote: »
    Meh. Real Madrid kept quite a few clean sheets too. They were called lucky.

so are you saying utds record of keeping sheets was lucky

if so omg

your hatred for utd knows no bounds

tbf its more like newcastle defending too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

El Clasico will decide all then so it looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Headshot wrote: »
    so are you saying utds record of keeping sheets was lucky

if so omg

your hatred for utd knows no bounds

tbf its more like newcastle defending too
    I don't really care. Their defense is good but overrated. I watched them enough and thought they played badly and got lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

redout wrote: »

Should be a cracker. When is it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

If they awarded 5 points for a win it would.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Hardly, Barca can afford to lose. If Madrid win then it should at least go to the final day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I don't really care. Their defense is good but overrated. I watched them enough and thought they played badly and got lucky.

LMFAO

your bitterness for man utd is really unbelievable

Back away, not today bitter one

im out

Headshot wrote: »
    LMFAO

your bitterness for man utd is really unbelievable

Back away, not today bitter one
    As I said, I don't really care.

Man Utd fans are so sensitive.

Next Sunday man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Wasn't that far off was I? Sevilla are frigging rubbish.

Having given this some thought, I think Barca will win this. Reals only real test in the last few months has been Liverpool and we all know hoe well they got on there. I think Barca will win 0-1.

Saturday May 1st 7pm ko.

gimmick wrote: »
    Wasn't that far off was I? Sevilla are frigging rubbish.

Having given this some thought, I think Barca will win this. Reals only real test in the last few months has been Liverpool and we all know hoe well they got on there. I think Barca will win 0-1.

Saturday May 1st 7pm ko.
    I'll be surprised if there's only 1 goal next weeK! Prefer to wait until I see the teams before making any predictions myself. Barca have a tough game against Chelsea first let's not forget.

Also Real have had the same tests as Barca given the fixture organisation.

Now they have an important home advantage coming up, plus more time to prepare.

JPA wrote: »
    If they awarded 5 points for a win it would.

What I meant is that the outcome of the game will have a huge say as to were la liga goes. Anything other than a Real victory and I'll write them off. On the other hand if they win it could give them a huge psychological edge over Barca with only 4 games to go and they could definitely go on to win it.

Barca dropping points last night also means that Real don't really have to hope for a 3 goal margin victory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Jammy opener there from Forlan for Athletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What I meant is that the outcome of the game will have a huge say as to were la liga goes. Anything other than a Real victory and I'll write them off. On the other hand if they win it could give them a huge psychological edge over Barca with only 4 games to go and they could definitely go on to win it.

Except there's been no evidence of Barca being susceptible to cracking so far. We'll see I suppose.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Except there's been no evidence of Barca being susceptible to cracking so far. We'll see I suppose.

Well lets wait and see. They were hardly outstanding last night. A draw or loss against Chelsea tuesday night coupled with that draw against Valencia will have the Marca boys going crackers !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Barca dropping points last night also means that Real don't really have to hope for a 3 goal margin victory...

Dont know what you mean here - Barca are 4 pts clear and still hot favs for the title. Look at the remaining fixture list - Real have away games at Valencia and Villareal to come, not to mention next weekends match. Barca have the easier run-in and even if they lose next weekend i still think they will win the League.

Obviously Real have the better preparation with Barca playing in the CL the next 2 weeks in a row. The next 10 days really are massive for Barca and they will have to be at their best to come through them - the first half on Tuesday will be fascinating as i fully expect a Barca blitz.

Warper wrote: »
    Dont know what you mean here -
    Well before this weekend I think it was generally accepted that if Real were to win the title they would have to beat Barcelona, then win all their remaining games, and hope for Barca to drop more than 3 pts. If they were to win all the remaining games but Barca only dropped 3 points, then Barca would likely win the title based on their head to head record, unless Madrid could overcome that 2-0 deficit from the Nou Camp. I'm not entirely sure if away goals apply in head-to-head records, but I think they do, which would mean they'd need to win by 3 goals.

So basically a 4 pt gap as opposed to a 6 pt gap radically reduces the chances of it coming down to head to head, with Madrid needing Barca to slip up either way.

Warper wrote: »
    Real have away games at Valencia and Villareal to come, not to mention next weekends match. Barca have the easier run-in and even if they lose next weekend i still think they will win the League.
    Valencia and Villarreal are always tough away games but so is Sevilla, and given Real's form, and their confidence if they beat Barca, I think they'd fancy their chances. And sure they won 5-0 at Villarreal last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Valencia and Villarreal are always tough away games but so is Sevilla, and given Real's form, and their confidence if they beat Barca, I think they'd fancy their chances. And sure they won 5-0 at Villarreal last season.

When Real won 5-0, they were the team that set a La Liga record for points at the half-way stage of the league. (obv Barca this year beat that) So that Madrid team is different to this years, it would be much more analogous to compare last years Madrid to this years Barca.

I can see Barca going to the Bernabeu and picking up 3 points, Madrid have been in good form, but they have also rode their luck quite a bit, and if Messi/ Henry/ Iniesta/ Xavi can come back after a positive result in the CL I could see it being like Barca vs Madrid in 05/06...

• Advertisement

If Barca play to their capabilities then they should win.

They could well bottle it though, or Madrid's ''luck'' could overcome them.

Both teams will be very confident of their chances, so I reckon it should make another classic clásico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Queue boring 1-1 draw... :D

eZe^ wrote: »
    Queue boring 1-1 draw... :D
    That would be a great result for Barca. Real have to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'd be delighted with a boring 1-1 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What the christ happened in the Athletic Bilbao v Racing Santander game?

13 yellow cards, 5 red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

PiE wrote: »
    What the christ happened in the Athletic Bilbao v Racing Santander game?

13 yellow cards, 5 red cards.

Refs in Spain are mad - not only that match but there were red and yellow cards everywhere. They must have the highest bookings ratio in Europe.

Advertisement