Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for lunch in Co.Galway en-route to Shannon?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

I'm driving from Ballina to Shannon on a few weeks and just wondering if someone can recommend somewhere nice to stop for lunch. Someone already recommended O'Grady's in Gort. What's it like, does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Shamrok wrote: »
    I'm driving from Ballina to Shannon on a few weeks and just wondering if someone can recommend somewhere nice to stop for lunch. Someone already recommended O'Grady's in Gort. What's it like, does anyone know?

Nah, had my cousins 21st their last weekend and the staff are grumpy and my Granny said that the food had gone to pots. O' Sullivans has better food.
    But you really should stop in the Árd Rí House Hotel in Tuam. Great food, when we go to eat out, that's where we go. It has won numerous awards over the past year for it's food and we know of 3 weddings going to be held there.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Speaking of Gort, the Lady Gregory on the Ennis side is grand any time I ate there. Options are fairly limited after that. I haven't heard much about Burke's in Clarinbridge in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Shamrok wrote: »

Mother hubbards?

Personally I like the subway in Gort.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭patspost

There is a place that does lunches in Coole park, just on the galway side of Gort, lovely home cooked style food. Open from April to Oct.

Advertisement