Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

okaly dokaly here goes.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

littlebug wrote: »
    Nutrition.... ok...I've been pretty good on protein and actually craving it whereas I don't usually eat much meat. Plenty of carbs too (plus a lot of crap:o). I think everything just takes a bit longer with me...from progression to recovery. It could just be my age or maybe lack of sleep. Though I'm loathe to say it... it could be the auld fibromyalgia thing.

Probably best to take it relatively easy this week then, some easy walking, or even a bit of cycling or swimming if you're up for it. Still in the John Wayne post-race phase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Ah I have a fairly mild version of it (which is I don't like blaming anything on it... a lot of people who have it are really badly affected). Since I started running I'm almost 100% better but the one area that hasn't improved much is sleep... and good sleep is important for muscle recovery I believe.... thus that could be why things take a bit longer for me. I suppose everyone has to know their own limitations though and work with them.

Probably best to take it relatively easy this week then, some easy walking, or even a bit of cycling or swimming if you're up for it. Still in the John Wayne post-race phase?

Improved... ie I can walk down the stairs now :D ah I'll be alright in a couple of days! I've a 5k pb to smash on the 27th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

littlebug wrote: »
    I've a 5k pb to smash on the 27th!
    That's the spirit! :D

Thursday- 4m slow. Various bits still pretty stiff and sore. Nothing more to report on that run other than it was slow and not very enjoyable despite the glorious evening.

Saturday- out to Inis Mór and noticed the Half Marathon was on! It's funny because I had been looking out for it being advertised but didn't spot it anywhere. It wouldn't have been a runner :p this year anyway but I'd like to do it sometime. I only saw the tail end of the runners coming through. A tough one I imagine- plenty of hills and a fairly lonesome run I imagine for the most part. (I felt strangely jealous though... go figure).

Sunday- a lovely run by the shore. The first few miles felt tough. I felt like I was running at 10 min miles but the garmin told me otherwise and I was closer to 11 and over 11 at times. . 4-5 was the slowest but as I turned at the base of Dún Aengus the garmin beeped 5 miles and I decided to push it a bit for the last mile. The first half mile was flat/downhill and I gradually picked up speed, then I was back uphill for the biggest climb of the run and I actually kept getting faster. By the time I turned the corner and was on the flat again I was running the last .25 mile at about 8.20:). Now I wonder if I could extend that pace to 3 miles in 9 days :rolleyes: . I stopped the garmin and trotted .3 home.
    Total- 6.3 miles with 6 m @ 10.50 ave pace, ave HR 169

• Advertisement
Advertisement