Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all going to die (AKA Flu thread) MERGED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Run for the hills - it's the Aporkalypse!

Jaysus, dont mention that name (R_T_T_H) or he will be on here sprouting some sort of conspiracy theory about the lizard men kissing pigs to produce the swine flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Ann22 wrote: »
    This flu nuisance is going to spoil it:(.

Ahh Ann, dont let this spoil your holiday. First of all, the US public health system and their preparations are is much more advanced than Mexico. Secondly, I think if you worked it out, the chances of you getting the flu would be very remote.
    A lot of this is just media hype so dont let it spoil your holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Sure it is! Thats just what they want you to think.

Don't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Ahh Ann, dont let this spoil your holiday. First of all, the US public health system and their preparations are is much more advanced than Mexico. Secondly, I think if you worked it out, the chances of you getting the flu would be very remote.
    A lot of this is just media hype so dont let it spoil your holidays.

Ah thanks Caoimhin:)...hope it doesn't. Rte news today said it's ok at the moment to fly to affected areas (not Mexico though I assume) once you stay away from large gatherings. Imagine being in Orlando and not being able to visit Disneyworld! Bit of a waste of money going....I'd rather get my money back than do that. Hopefully by the time we're due to go it'll be on the way out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The HSE made an operational decision not to screen everyone on the same flight as the Irish man who contracted the virus because they believed people were not in contact with the man for long enough to contract the virus.

I would think this decision will now be questioned after it emerged that a girl on the same flight as the first two UK confirmed cases contracted the virus.

Infected Girl Flew With Virus Honeymooners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

At least the Chinese are taking this seriously. HK hotel with 300 guests sealed off because someone who's now tested positive briefly stayed there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8029871.stm

I can't stop thinking about '28 days later' for some reason..! :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

positron wrote: »

I can't stop thinking about '28 days later' for some reason..! :o

Either can I - its happening!:eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I read in the mail today that the scottish couple were sitting in front of 3 spluttering,sneezing,sweating men, some people complained about it. I don't know if it matters where you're sitting anyway, doesn't the same air circulate around the plane? If you're stuck on an 8 or 9hr long flight you'd be lucky not to catch something. Passengers coming from Mexico should have plastic bags tied over their heads:D and sprayed with Jeyes fluid.

The HSE made an operational decision not to screen everyone on the same flight as the Irish man who contracted the virus because they believed people were not in contact with the man for long enough to contract the virus.

I would think this decision will now be questioned after it emerged that a girl on the same flight as the first two UK confirmed cases contracted the virus.

Infected Girl Flew With Virus Honeymooners
    Aircraft ventillation systems, recycle the air as many times you possibly can before the oxygen content droppes below that required to sustain life!

Then mix in some rairified air from outside!

Aircraft are the perfect breeding ground for such infections.. (imho)

Either can I - its happening!:eek:

;)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

"Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova told the BBC that, based on samples tested, the mortality rate was comparable with that of seasonal flu. "

"The new virus lacked the traits that made the 1918 flu pandemic so deadly, another CDC official said."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8030365.stm

eh, i'm getting more and more worried..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8027043.stm

jesus.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Great stuff, zombies. All i need now is a chainsaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

eh, i'm getting more and more worried..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8027043.stm

jesus.. :(

Yep, fake web-pages keep me awake at night with worry too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

All those swine flu infectants need is a little PIG-me-up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

skelliser wrote: »
    "Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova told the BBC that, based on samples tested, the mortality rate was comparable with that of seasonal flu. "

So far.

mikom wrote: »
    Yep, fake web-pages keep me awake at night with worry too.

i think i might know it's fake if i masked the url. nicely ruined tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Apparently, it's only bad if you live in a slum.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Finally a bit of common sense. Regular flu kills 200 a week in mexico. There's not much to be worried about really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The only people who panicked were the kind of fools who believe in climate change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Nolanger wrote: »
    The only people who panicked were the kind of fools who believe in climate change.

Fecking Climate here changed by the day.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Merged that other thread. Trying to contain this swine flu thread outbreak chaps. Not an easy job but that's why I'm the doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

True, if you can deny reality then it's kind of hard to worry about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Are you serial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

AGH!

Oh no wait

""A woman from Cameron County who had chronic underlying health conditions died earlier this week," it said."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

dsmythy wrote: »
    AGH!

Oh no wait

""A woman from Cameron County who had chronic underlying health conditions died earlier this week," it said."

I dident read,I just paniced straight away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

*mass hysteria evaporates* :pac:

Advertisement