Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all going to die (AKA Flu thread) MERGED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Welcome to an hour ago.

Delayed shock!!!.
    I've got a headache!...watery eyes...and my nose is running....DON'T PANIC!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Mexico-Deadly-Swine-Flu-Virus-United-States-Threatened-After-Cases-In-Texas-And-California/Article/200904415269048?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15269048_Mexico_Deadly_Swine_Flu_Virus%3A_United_States_Threatened_After_Cases_In_Texas_And_California
    In New York up to nine people from a school party tested positive for what is believed to be swine flu after returning from a trip to Mexico.

And in London a member of a British Airways cabin crew was taken to hospital with "flu-like symptoms" after falling ill on a flight from Mexico City to Heathrow.

That's a bit close to home methinks.

AAAhhhh..chhoooooo..

/sniffle

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Red alert! Red alert!
    It's a catastrophe
    But Don't worry.....Don't panic
    Ain't nothin' goin' on but history, yeah
    But it's alright, don't panic.

Actually, reports say infections have been confirmed in London and New York, and that more like 200 have died in Mexico, so yeah, we're boned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

yay! I love it when the same story gets posted many times. It's as if people do it on purpose or something.

I'd say ibtl but I've a feeling the mods have gone to bed meaning this thread will float around full of nonsense for another few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Also heard there is a Bull on the loose in Mayo.

That was no bull. That was Paddy samuri's mother:eek: :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Cancel the mexican restaurant please darling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Meh.

It's only Mexico.

Wait. Carlos lives in Mexico.....

Cccaaarrrllloooossssss !!!!!!!!1!1!1!1?1?

Also heard there is a Bull on the loose in Mayo.
    Oh crap!!........and theres a bull on the loose in Mayo?...........EH..........DON'T PANIC?.

• Advertisement

5318008! wrote: »
    That was no bull. That was Paddy samuri's mother:eek: :D!
    Thank god for that! ,for a minute I thought it might have been someone I knew .

Don't worry, us boardsies will be fine. Last time I checked you can only get viruses from physical contact with other individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,764 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you ever played the web gamme pandemic you would know that if the virus is detected this early and a state of emergency is declared that you (the virus) have no chance of wiping out the human race as you wont have time to kill 100% of all humans before they become innoculated.

Although theres still that slight change the vaccine will fail and you mutate and become untreatable. Then yeah we as humans are pretty boned.

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

edit: DAMN YOU MADAGASCAR!!!

Serious question:

In Mexico they are handing out facemasks to everyone, is that to protect the user or to prevent the user infecting others.

In other words who does the mask protect, the wearer or those around, assuming the wearer is already infected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've got a cold.

where's your god now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nerak1984

Im really worried ive booked a holiday in America in June.. I know its a long time away but a pandemic means it csn spread like wild fire so by june, most of the US will be infected and god knows what the strain will have mutated with!!! its in over NY, California, Texas and Alabama and now maybe London....it wont tske lomg for it to reach Dublin!!!!!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

mike65 wrote: »
    I've got a cold.

Where you in Mexico lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

When can we start looting?

nerak1984 wrote: »
    its in over NY, California, Texas and Alabama and now maybe London....it wont tske lomg for it to reach Dublin!!!!!!!:(

These reports are assuming that these people have the swine flu, it could be that they just have a cold!

Wait for the results before panicing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

I think I'll pass this amazing bargain for now.....Mexico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saibh wrote: »
    Where you in Mexico lately?

Nope but I was in teh checkout and someone foreign was behind me. I heard a "sneogh" sound felt a spray on my neck.

I'm going to die/sneeze

/everyone move back from the screen.

at 15, i wouldn't have even thought about this but now it's genuinely worrying... :(

Crap it's in texas and california,1000 confirmed cases so far worldwide.
    EH..........Sky just said air stewardess has symtoms in england.
    That was quick ,should be here in the next half hour!........AAAAACHOOOOO!
    DON'T PAAAAAAAAAAAANIC!!!!!!!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

God damn these pandemics. They always fulfill the worst case scenario aswell.

Remember SARS?........no?.......errrrmm.... how about bird flu??....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

60 People died out of 1000+ confirmed cases. Doesn't sound particularly deadly for an influenza. Just get plenty of fluids and bed rest and you'll be fine.

i don't understand where stuff like this comes from..... i half believe the whole population control conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

These reports are assuming that these people have the swine flu, it could be that they just have a cold!

Wait for the results before panicing.

Two confirmed cases in Kansas. It's spread fairly fast since it's been discovered.

/panics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

mike65 wrote: »
    Nope but I was in teh checkout and someone foreign was behind me. I heard a "sneogh" sound felt a spray on my neck.

I'm going to die/sneeze

/everyone move back from the screen.

Now you tell us!

You better stay away from this thread, we don't want anyone else to get sick.

• Advertisement

God damn these pandemics. They always fulfill the worst case scenario aswell.

Remember SARS?........no?.......errrrmm.... how about bird flu??....

Spanish flu 1919... killed more than WWI

Advertisement