Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all going to die (AKA Flu thread) MERGED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We should expect our iodine tablets in the post any day now.....

Hey!

Cribber :mad: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

aaaaaaggh it's in scotland, we're definitely all ****ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two people have been admitted to a Scottish hospital after returning from Mexico, where more than 80 people have died after contracting swine flu.

Scottish Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said the patients had both displayed mild flu-like symptoms but were not giving cause for concern.

Neither of the people involved had travelled in areas affected by swine flu outbreaks.

The Scottish Government said it was closely monitoring the situation.

It is understood the two travellers were admitted to Monklands hospital in Airdrie, Lanarkshire, after returning from Mexico on Tuesday.

Precautionary tests are being conducted on them, with further tests expected over the next few days.

Nah we're not, if this were a proper honest pandemic we'd know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

But there's always an upside... Bargain Alert. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Quartet

in the space of a weekend, members of boards.ie have become experts at biology aswell as economics.. mind-blowing what we could achieve if we pooled our resources.

Whats the old hoary chestnut ....
    Give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters (well maybe PC's!) and in a thousand years and they will produce the works of W Shakespeare...!

Remember things have speeded up considerably since the days of typewriters and we possibly have a lot more than a thousand monkies on here:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I think that we should get Cowen, Linehan and Harney on the next flight to Mexico City.......and leave them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

My housemates returned from a trip to Mexico last Monday. :eek:

The girl had been sick most of last week but says she's feeling better now!

I've tackled them on it but they won't be going to the doctor to get themselves checked out. The main reason I think they won't go is that they wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

Should I give the men in radioactive suits a call and tell them to pop round by the house?

Any other suggestions? Hell I could already be a carrier myself :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Call the HSE and ask 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My housemates returned from a trip to Mexico last Monday. :eek:

The girl had been sick most of last week but says she's feeling better now!

I've tackled them on it but they won't be going to the doctor to get themselves checked out. The main reason I think they won't go is that they wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

Should I give the men in radioactive suits a call and tell them to pop round by the house?

Any other suggestions? Hell I could already be a carrier myself :eek:

have you seen the film Quarantine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Confab wrote: »
    Call the HSE and ask 'em.

Gonna do that anyway. But I wouldn't trust that crowd to treat a runny nose. Just found out at the weekend a friend of my sisters has been wrongly diagnosed with MS for the last 8 years.

Ireland will probably be one of the least prepared if this thing got mpre serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

We should expect our iodine tablets in the post any day now.....

Those are only to stop the dead from rising.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Spanish government have just confirmed a case in Spain and are investigating 16 other possible cases as a result.

Denmark are investigating a number of potential caes.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

aaaaaaggh it's in scotland, we're definitely all ****ed

In Scotland, oh your god:eek:.........

*Douses self in petrol lights match and jumps out window in panic*

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

the works of Grandfather Nurgle are indeed magnificent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I seriously hope it doesn't arrive over here. I'd hate to catch it and then have a cough, or even worse, a sore throat! Just doesn't bear thinking about:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I love the tags for this thread...
    mass_hysteria, mexico, panic, pig, swine_flu, this is the end, we're doomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

I bet white power groups in america are secretly delighted about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

First european case in SPAIN .

Swine flu + Spanish flu = the end of mankind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

pfft ... a load of bollix ... the media making a fuss about nothing...

im not worried ... im more worried about Barça - Chelsea tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ah sure... arent we all meant to be dead from SARS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

I dont know why everyone is getting so worked up about this swine flu, and bird flu and everything. Look on the brightside at least it isnt man flu !!

I dont know why everyone is getting so worked up about this swine flu, and bird flu and everything. Look on the brightside at least it isnt man flu !!

What if it mutates with the man flu? We could be looking at some kind of swineman flu, then where will we be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The Sky News hysterics department says there is a suspected case in Manchester.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    ah sure... arent we all meant to be dead from SARS.

SARS never mastered the ability to spread human to human like normal flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Indie18 wrote: »
    What if it mutates with the man flu? We could be looking at some kind of swineman flu, then where will we be?

I imagine it'll be the first virus to speak in the third person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Indie18 wrote: »
    On the upside if we can get it to affect bears then we'll have the perfect weapon to use against ManBearPig. I'm super serial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Confab wrote: »
    I love the tags for this thread...

'I smell bacon' is one now as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

A girl in work is just after meeting a friend who was in mexico for 2 weeks.

...it's HERE!

Cough, splutter, wheeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

dsmythy wrote: »
    The Sky News hysterics department says there is a suspected case in Manchester.

SARS never mastered the ability to spread human to human like normal flu.
    I could be wrong but I think Sars could spread from human to human, Bird flu couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭pgasm

CANOPUS BIOPHARMA AND LEADING CHINESE RESEARCHER TEAM UP TO TREAT AVIAN INFLUENZA, TO PREVENT POSSIBLE PANDEMIC

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/canopusbiopharma/34441/

• Advertisement

The WHO is advising all countries to be vigilant for seasonally unusual flu or pneumonia-like symptoms among their populations - particularly among young healthy adults, a characteristic of past pandemics.

Took this from BBC, its good to see that 1960's rock bands are doing their part in all of this.

Advertisement