Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all going to die (AKA Flu thread) MERGED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Just watching sky news, they say they have anti viral drugs for 50% of the population, what is our situation here.

i think i read somewhere we have enough for a quarter of the population/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I think its 50% here as well but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

we have 2 million vaccinations here apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

According to the RTE website, chief medical officer of Department of Health Dr Tony Holohan stated they have enough anti-viral drugs to cover half the population

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bellybutton

If we have permanent citizenship, we should be fine. That should cover the quarter of us being vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

By reducing the unemployment figures :pac:

Seeing as skangers tend to be careless about their health, what with spending all their money on booze, drugs and the local chipper, hopefully this flu should have a right go at their compromised immune systems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Any word on the survival rates or anything?

Stock up on lucozade and Lemsips

I've heard the survival rate is quite high if you live in a country with a good health care system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Jesus.

Mexico are having horrible luck: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8021545.stm

Anyone see that movie Core? It's coming true!!!

Oh no its the Acapulcolypse!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

This is a new flu strain, so all stockpiled vaccines are useless against it, i believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

My housemates returned from a trip to Mexico last Monday. :eek:

The girl had been sick most of last week but says she's feeling better now!

I've tackled them on it but they won't be going to the doctor to get themselves checked out. The main reason I think they won't go is that they wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

Should I give the men in radioactive suits a call and tell them to pop round by the house?

Any other suggestions? Hell I could already be a carrier myself :eek:

Hate to sound like a tattle tale but you really, really should report them if they're too selfish to do it themselves, you never know what the reprecussions of that could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Demonique wrote: »
    Seeing as skangers tend to be careless about their health, what with spending all their money on booze, drugs and the local chipper, hopefully this flu should have a right go at their compromised immune systems
    No, they will survive, because their compromised immune systems won't mount as vigorous a response. It's the people with strong immune systems who will be getting the toe tags.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

As esel said it's the 20-40yr olds that could be hit the hardest by this. Simply put any "healthy" persons immune system will go bananas at the pig cold, exhausting the person who has it. etc etc.

I don't see the point in worrying about this to be honest. Maybe I'm just being foolish. Oh well, always fun winding other people up about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

Demonique wrote: »
    I've heard the survival rate is quite high if you live in a country with a good health care system
    We are screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

at least ye didnt spend €750 on flights to mexico on thursday night. Have till the start of july for it to get better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

This is a new flu strain, so all stockpiled vaccines are useless against it, i believe

It's not vaccines that are stockpiled as far as I know, rather anti-virals (Tamiflu).

Interesting point - Donald Rumsfeld (ex-US defence secretary, he of the 'unknown-knowns', etc.) is a major shareholder and chairman of the company that owns the rights to Tamiflu. Interesting follow-on career choice for a warmonger?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

He's doomed us all!

http://imgur.com/27K39.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

MayoForSam wrote: »
    It's not vaccines that are stockpiled as far as I know, rather anti-virals (Tamiflu).

Interesting point - Donald Rumsfeld (ex-US defence secretary, he of the 'unknown-knowns', etc.) is a major shareholder and chairman of the company that owns the rights to Tamiflu. Interesting follow-on career choice for a warmonger?
    > > > CT

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Even if it is treatable by vaccines, the government have only enough for under half the population. That would leave places outside Dublin basically fcuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

tech2 wrote: »
    Even if it is treatable by vaccines, the government have only enough for under half the population. That would leave places outside Dublin basically fcuked!

glad i live in dublin so haha... seriously though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That would leave places outside Dublin basically fcuked!

The point is that only half the population would contract the piggy sniffles anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

tech2 wrote: »

Who says they'd vaccinate people in Dublin first?!! I'm only messing:P but the priority is healthcare workers before the public :D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

deereidy wrote: »
    Who says they'd vaccinate people in Dublin first?!! I'm only messing:P but the priority is healthcare workers before the public :D

To be honest that makes sense, there is no point in all the health care workers being unable to treat anybody else because they are incompasatitated.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Darkbloom wrote: »

I don't know what I'm going to do if Madagascar don't open their ports soon. It's turned my life upside down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its just like in this: http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

Madagascar is always a bitch to infect cause they close their ports so soon :(

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Its just like in this: http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

Madagascar is always a bitch to infect cause they close their ports so soon :(

...I don't know how to respond to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

...I don't know how to respond to that.

Click the big thumb button on the right.

• Advertisement

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Click the big thumb button on the right.

Not you; did the guy above not get that it's a joke?

Advertisement