Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

empires etc

Options
  • 25-04-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

is there any histiry modules on ancient china - greece - or other empires like egyptian for example

they all seem to be american or european or irish - and all modern for the most part - modern in a history sense that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Yes. There are.

There's a full list on the departments website of the modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Brimmy wrote: »
    Yes. There are.

There's a full list on the departments website of the modules.

No there is not.

Unless you want to study Greek and Roman Civilisation.

Ancient empires fall in the remit of Ancient History. UCD does not have an Ancient History department.

No there is not.

Barbarianism and Christianity is a 1st year module that covered the Roman Empire.

Actually on reading that the second time he doesn't seem to want Roman modules.

My bad. Best bet is to stick to Greek and Roman and possibly Archeology maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Barbarianism and Christianity is a 1st year module that covered the Roman Empire.

Actually on reading that the second time he doesn't seem to want Roman modules.

My bad. Best bet is to stick to Greek and Roman and possibly Archeology maybe?

The Barbarism and Christianity module you speak of, the one you and I did in first year no longer exists. If it did I would have mentioned it. They replaced it with a class called Rome to Renaissance, that is too broad and he would get nothing out of it.

The Barbarism and Christianity module you speak of, the one you and I did in first year no longer exists. If it did I would have mentioned it. They replaced it with a class called Rome to Renaissance, that is too broad and he would get nothing out of it.

Hey now no need to get all perfect grammar on me. I know you're hurt that we wont have any more classes together but relax, it'll be ok :).

Didn't know they got rid of the module though. Tis a pity, was fairly good.

I'm still hurt over them getting rid of Edward James' 3rd year Sci Fi in America module this year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Modules are made on the staffs interests so thats why we dont offer any ancient modules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

I'm still hurt over them getting rid of Edward James' 3rd year Sci Fi in America module this year :(

****!!!!!!!! that course would be the ****ing best thing ever

thats not a history department much then is it?
    **** range of modules

Advertisement