Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Volume Training for beginner

Options
  • 25-04-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I'm going to start working out at the gym soon and i am taking up a beginner offer at my local gym, i want to use German Volume Training to start off to put on about ten pounds in 6 weeks

Can people please recommend a program for me as i am very very new to this. thanks a million for all your help in advance :)

as well as the program can you recommend workouts for each workout such as for chest incline bench. i am only 16 so i would like to only use the machines no manual workouts. thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Dude you're gonna die, die, die.

I'll put into a three day split for ya.
    1:
    Bench Press - 10 sets for 10 reps
    Shoulder Press - 10 x 10
    Then pick a tricep exercise

2:
    Barbell Row 10 x 10
    Deadlift 5 x 5
    Pull Ups - as many sets, as many reps as ya can

3:
    Squats 10 x 10
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts 10 x 5
    Pick a bicep exercise if ya wanna or something

Do this for six weeks, eat loads, drink loadsa milk and see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

why do u want to use the machines? free weights are way better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Man GVT is one of the toughest things i've ever done and you would be completely mental to do it as your introduction to weights. the arguements against you doing it are endless so i'm not going to go into it, just don't do it yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

1, wait 2 words, Starting Strength

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

A mate of mine did this, he's now ****ing huge. Put on like 2 stone in muscle, all from a starting base of 10/11 stone!!

I'd love to give it a few months at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

sunnyjim wrote: »
    A mate of mine did this, he's now ****ing huge. Put on like 2 stone in muscle, all from a starting base of 10/11 stone!!

I'd love to give it a few months at some stage.

did he start of doing this or was he always doing weights then changed his training technique?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Totally unnecessary. You could put on 10lbs in 6 weeks pretty easy just by changing your diet :eek:, especially being new, probably less than 6 weeks if you pushed it.
    You know GVT is usually used by intermediate - advanced bodybuilders to shock themselves right? It's no easy ticket....

Advertisement