Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good kebab in galway ....

Options
  • 25-04-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Prob a strange request but I'm looking for a good kebab in galway... Good as in dirty kebab with stripped doner meat.

I've tried Charcoal grill and not been that impressed... Anyone any other sugestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

rat catchers Kebab House, Domnick Street lower. Abrakebra place on the Square. A differnet Charcoal Grill? There are 3 around town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Paulw0t

majiktripp wrote: »
    rat catchers Kebab House, Domnick Street lower. Abrakebra place on the Square. A differnet Charcoal Grill? There are 3 around town.

Tried Kebab house and 2 of the charcoal grills, think the third one is chicken place... May try abrakebra in town

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

If you don't like charcoal grill then you probably won't like the rest.In my opinion it's the best but that's only my own.I havn't really tried anywhere else except Kebab Klub and its not great.Kebab House is okay (if you're drunk).Stick to the Charcoal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They even have a facebook group "The Charcoal Grill - An Appreciation", that's how good they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Mario's in Liosbaun do a great Doner. In a different league than the Charcoal. But good Different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

eyresquare wrote: »
    If you don't like charcoal grill then you probably won't like the rest.In my opinion it's the best but that's only my own.I havn't really tried anywhere else except Kebab Klub and its not great.Kebab House is okay (if you're fantastically drunk).Stick to the Charcoal ;)

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

masonman wrote: »
    Mario's in Liosbaun do a great Doner. In a different league than the Charcoal. But good Different.

Its beside the sex shop too so you can nip in for a quick one while waiting for your kebab.

Everyone's a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Did you try the original Charcoal on cross street? The one opposite mixers isn't as good, and the one opposite CPs comes nowhere close...

Kebab House is ooook - perfect example of quantity over quality!! Large chips, covered in cheese, covered in doner meat, covered in every sauce they have - €6.50.... followed by a mild heart-attack. Their chips are better than Charcoal's though, but doner meat doesn't come close imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Everyone bums the Charcoal Grill - it's really no different to any other chip/kebab shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Its beside the sex shop too so you can nip in for a quick one while waiting for your kebab.

Everyone's a winner.
    Is that where the special sauce cums from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Good use of a pun there.

Can't beat the Charcoal Grill,when I was in college in Galway it was my favourite. I presume it's still just as good:)

Advertisement