Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teams you'd like to see in WWE

• 25-04-2009 11:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With another Thread clearly pointing out (Again) we would like more teams in WWE who would you like to see? TNA have a good tag division and plenty of guy girl combos.

What type of teams am I looking for, teams that would benefit someones career. Many top wrestlers big breaks are after successful tag teams or groups.

I'd like to see Mike Knox in a tag team. They could put him with Curt Hawkins who is at a loose end post draft. Having him with knox would mean he would have a credible partner. At least he wouldn't get stuck in a handicap squash match with umaga or big show anymore. If the team went well they could always align with Edge at some point.

Guy Girl combo. Even though they are on seperate shows Dolph and Maryse would be great as a combo. They are so cocky it could just work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Miz and Morrison :pac: They really were the perfect fit for each other

Swagger and MVP, if he were a heel again, would be a good team I think. They've both got the same sort of character but different styles in the ring

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fozzy wrote: »
    Miz and Morrison :pac: They really were the perfect fit for each other

Swagger and MVP, if he were a heel again, would be a good team I think. They've both got the same sort of character but different styles in the ring

Two good ones. I would like to see them have partnerships that are flexible. There would be no reason why MVP or swagger couldn't work well in a team but be successful individuals too. They can be one anothers back up. Those two hanging around would be fun, backsatge or in ring promos could be class. They would spend so much time winding the other wresters up with the cocky attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Kevin Steen and El Generico + Motor City Machine Guns

Kevin Steen and El Generico + Motor City Machine Guns

Did you read the post at all?

Personally, I'd like to see them focus more on long-term teams, rather than putting singles stars together for a few weeks. For example, Why break up tag teams like Hawkins and Ryder for no reason?

If WWE were on the ball, they'd still be the 'Edgeheads' until they got more developed on-screen characters. With enough time they coulda been a new Edge/Christian combo (Overly ridiculous, but funny, comedy act). Edge could've gotten sick of their carry on and seperated.

But anyway, I'd probably stick Helms with MVP for a little while. If both played heels (they're both great heels) it could probably pull Helms up the card a bit. I'd originally have said stick Helms with Matt, but i think it's a bit long in the tooth to be having Matt teaming up any more.

Kennedy and Swagger would probably be a decent upper-midcard act, too. The American American and Kennedy Kennedy. They'd probably be entertaining on the mic at least.

In my hopnest opinion though, unless you're gonna stick a curtain-jerker with cena for a month or two, you're not really gonna make any significant changes that couldn't be made by just using the person on TV more often though.

Some good ideas so far.

I know it was said already but a team that could work as a combo is The Kendrick and The Miz. With the tag titles on raw and only two tag team it could help both guys. They are likley to be lost in the mix on raw as individuals. It would help miz to as he would have a guy beside him that can wrestle and help Miz become a better wrestler. I felt miz improves alot after he was put with morrison.

Regal could benefit from being in a team, help a young guy out, maybe next guy to come out of fcw should go in with regal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kennedy and Swagger would probably be a decent upper-midcard act, too. The American American and Kennedy Kennedy. They'd probably be entertaining on the mic at least.

Their catchphrase:"So good they named us twice.":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Did you read the post at all?

Personally, I'd like to see them focus more on long-term teams, rather than putting singles stars together for a few weeks. For example, Why break up tag teams like Hawkins and Ryder for no reason?

If WWE were on the ball, they'd still be the 'Edgeheads' until they got more developed on-screen characters. With enough time they coulda been a new Edge/Christian combo (Overly ridiculous, but funny, comedy act). Edge could've gotten sick of their carry on and seperated.

They were crap. Never deserved anything and rode Edge's coat tails for long enough.

I was going to post Miz and Kendrick but it's already been done. loved the Ziggler Maryse idea, very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Jericho and Morrison,not really as an out and out tag team,more along the lines of interfering in each others matches etc,you could turn Melina heel and put her with them.
    it would be a great way of pushing morrison up the card and all three can wrestle and give good promos,and melina is a far better heel.

William Regal and Batista for the laugh,you could have vignettes of Regal showing Batista how to wrestle,and Batista showing Regal how to get in shape.Batista could catch Regal eating junk food and beat the crap out of him,Regal could berate Batista after one of his god awful matches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

currythis wrote: »
    Jericho and Morrison,not really as an out and out tag team,more along the lines of interfering in each others matches etc,you could turn Melina heel and put her with them.
    it would be a great way of pushing morrison up the card and all three can wrestle and give good promos,and melina is a far better heel.

William Regal and Batista for the laugh,you could have vignettes of Regal showing Batista how to wrestle,and Batista showing Regal how to get in shape.Batista could catch Regal eating junk food and beat the crap out of him,Regal could berate Batista after one of his god awful matches!

really like the Jericho Morrison idea. That could really work, especially with Jerichos original WWF persona.

Although Jericho would have to drop the underpants and get into a pair of the old tights.

currythis wrote: »

Thats brilliant. They already tried cade with jericho so there is previous. Morrison getting that the increased profile would be more than justified adding in melina and you have a legendary goup in the making.

Your 2nd idea would be great fun. As Batista wouldn't be up for it, maybe somone out of fcw could benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Jesse and Jimmy Wang Yang could make a bit of afun tag team. With Jamie Noble teaming up with Festus on Raw.

DH Smith and Paul Birchall as the New Bulldogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

My favourite team recently were M n M. I loved their entrance to the ring and everything with the photographers and all. Class theme music too.

If we are talking pure fantasy, then the Hart Foundation. I still think that is such a cool name for a team.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Jesse and Jimmy Wang Yang could make a bit of afun tag team. With Jamie Noble teaming up with Festus on Raw.

DH Smith and Paul Birchall as the New Bulldogs.
    That could help both guys out. I'm thinking DH smith, tyson kidd and nattie is an inevitable group now on ecw. But the new bulldogs route is something wwe should of went with when they promoted Harry to the roster in the beginning (As well as piss test before his debut). They could both be in a better roster spot now. Chance wasted i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

really like the Jericho Morrison idea. That could really work, especially with Jerichos original WWF persona.

Although Jericho would have to drop the underpants and get into a pair of the old tights.

Not so sure Y2Js coming back anytime soon. Plus id rather see Jericho challenging for the world title in the not so distant future.
    Id like to see the worlds greatest tag team get another proper run as I dont think Sheltons up to it as a singles wrestler and I fear the worst lies ahead for Charlie. Thought they worked really well with Kurt Angle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Put Goldust in there with anyone whos not getting any tv time. Skits alone would be decent even if their success in the ring would probably stutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't really care who, I just want to see five to six teams packaged as tag teams who wear similar ring attire, have lots of tag-moves and a tag-finisher.

I'm sick of Hurri-Kane style tag teams.

At least Priceless was well done and they have a reason for being a team (even if they've rarely been used as one since forming :( ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That could help both guys out. I'm thinking DH smith, tyson kidd and nattie is an inevitable group now on ecw. But the new bulldogs route is something wwe should of went with when they promoted Harry to the roster in the beginning (As well as piss test before his debut). They could both be in a better roster spot now. Chance wasted i think.

Could even have had Katie Lea change her name to Matilda to complete the team. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Since both are on RAW now i'd put The Miz with Maryse ( i think they are together off screen)

Advertisement