Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Food Festival in Castleknock???

Options
  • 25-04-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I was going past Castleknock College today (from the Clonsilla direction, the back roads) and maybe I am imagining it but at a laneway just beside the college I saw a sign for what I thought was "International Food Festival"

Anyone know anything about it???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sorry no, dont know about that one down there but I do know the Educate together school in Castleknock hold an international food fair each year where families from each of the countries or areas represented in the school prepare their ethnic food, and everyone gets to try some.
    And its all very nice indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

The festival was a charity event held in Castelknock College orgainsed by Muslim Women Together (Dublin 15) with all the proceeds (voluntary donations) going to St Michael's Special School, Holy Angels, Glenmaroon, Chapelizod.

It was a buffet affair. You helped yourself to whatever you wanted salads, currys, and some hot food and deserts. The women, who were at the tables with the food were very friendly. They were delighted to explain what the content and origin of all the dishes that were on offer. There were loads of foods and flavours I had never tasted before. You sat at any of the tables, ate and went back for more.

On entering the hall there were also two girls with displays showing various items from the Muslim world and faith. All very interesting, no hard sell or anything like that.

I think it's an annual event and was told that it was held in Blanchardstown last year.

Murt

Advertisement