Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSC in Career Gulidance and Counselling DCU

Options
  • 26-04-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi
    Has anyone ever interviewed for MSC in Career Guidance and Counselling in DCU as I am looking for some tips on what types of questions are asked so I can prepare.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alex2710

Also have an interview for this and I am looking for similiar help as well. I do not know what they are going to ask?

when is your interview NYC Baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nyc baby

Its on Thursday 7th, when are you up Alex2710??

nyc baby wrote: »
    Its on Thursday 7th, when are you up Alex2710??
    Same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Grainneog

Hi All
    Did this interview yesterday, have to say didn't perform particularly well but wasn't too bad an interview in terms of the questions asked. Get to know why you are picking course, what your personal qualities are, what you think Guidance is, if you know anything about theorists pick one to focus on and what you liked about their theory. No idea what sector the other candidates were coming from as I was first in the morning but do know they are trying to get a balance across a number of disciplines (HR, Adult Ed, Secondary Schools, etc)
    Good Luck!!

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne

I had mine today and I have to say my questions were very different from yours. It focused on my work experience and also a question regarding counselling. I really have no idea how I did. Anyhow, we will see at the end of May how we did.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nyc baby

Hi
    My questions were mainly based on my work experience too, one or two on guidance and what I would do with the course, but again no clue how I got on, competition very high.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

just wondering if anyone who got it has gone about getting placement and could they advise on how best to go about getting a placement and do you have letter or info to explain to school their role

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Moved from Mature and Non-Traditional

Advertisement