Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here watch playr?

• 26-04-2009 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

It's a video games show on bravo.
    I watch it every sunday without fail(well record it and watch it later).
    It used to be called gamer.tv and was a little different.

Anyway it apparently has been cancelled this week due to unforeseen circumstances.

So nothing on bravo but reruns of the blooming A team as a replacement.
    It sucks.
    I hope it's back next week.
    I wonder why it was cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its a very good show

its probly the only gaming show on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Sucks.

Lets start a petition to bring back Domonic Diamond and the awesome Gamesmaster!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah I would watch it the odd time, good show.

Anyone remember Bits? I loved those girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone remember that god awful show on sky about 5 years ago, I think it was called Gamesville or something, with the 2 black guys presenting it, and the Games Guru. Memories...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Anyone remember that god awful show on sky about 5 years ago, I think it was called Gamesville or something, with the 2 black guys presenting it, and the Games Guru. Memories...
    That show was so dahn wiv da youf it made my ears bleed. The Guru looked like a junkie of some kind too.

Playr's OK. It's not fantastic, but it's all we've got. I preferred the presenter when it was gamer.tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I often watch playr too but I wouldn't be too upset if its cancelled. Can be awfully retarded and cheesy sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I would be gutted if it was cancelled because it's the only show I make a point of watching every week.

I find most other programmes on tv these days are garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Strange how few and how bad the quality of video game television shows are, since it's overtaken movies in terms of money generated. I would have thought a decent show, like Film 2009 or whatever in videogame format would attract plenty of viewers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

:D

Ha, memories! (cringeworthy ones!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Playr is an ok video game show but I just have one gripe. Usually they have ten minutes of a guy just commentating on himself playing a particular game that they are reviewing and it could put you to sleep its so boring.

But as video game shows its watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Anyone remember Big Boy Barry on Sky about 10 years ago? I'm pretty sure David Walliams (Little Brittain) was in it too as a bender called Leslie. They used to have a computer games show on every day of the week. Awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

rgiller wrote: »
    Anyone remember Big Boy Barry on Sky about 10 years ago? I'm pretty sure David Walliams (Little Brittain) was in it too as a bender called Leslie. They used to have a computer games show on every day of the week. Awesome

I think that was Games World, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo7FCEhSaJQ
    Watch out for David Walliams

Anyone remember Bad Influence, the memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkT6NNm6mP8&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is this programme still missing? I check most Sundays at 11am, but it seems to be the A-Team all the time now. Have they changed the time slot, is it off air for the summer (during E3? tsk tsk), or is it gone for good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Saturday afternoons were never the same, Sarah in it even covered online games (one which I submitted may I add) ahh memories indeed.

Advertisement