Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to the Legalise cannabis march on May 9th?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 all is violent

ned78 wrote: »
    No, sorry, I have a job and a life. But thanks for the invite. I'm sure the march will go well, and it'll be legalised afterwards ... because you know there's nothing better that legislators like to listen to except drug loving smelly crusty hemp wearing hippies.

Well its on a Saturday and you seem to be on this regularly enough to completely disprove this statement

If i'm not too hungover, i'll well go in. Although, at the marches against the re-introduction of student fees, me and a mate got baked and started shouting legalise it. So we've done our part:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

Well its on a Saturday and you seem to be on this regularly enough to completely disprove this statement

arf. good one. so c'mon neddie its on a saturday. surely you will not be working on saturday? Cork needs to face up to the issue of cannabis use and this is one way of bringing this issue into the wider public consciousness.

so c'mon down. you might like it. maybe meet some nice people. have a laugh. a break from your serious life and job. it'll be great. we can all get to know each other. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

What, because being at work means I can't be online? If that's the case, 98% of boards must be unemployed.
    arf. good one. so c'mon neddie its on a saturday. surely you will not be working on saturday?

Yes, I am working on Saturday ... but even if I wasn't, the thought of hanging out with smelly hairy women and wasters who think a march will do anything to legalise their waster habit pretty much turns me off the whole idea.

ah now Neddie c'mon it'll be great craic altogether. you will add an air of respectability to the whole show with your Saturday job and virtuous ways. :)

It's gonna be a rockin' day out. Don;t miss it people. IN years to come you can look back and say you were part of the movement that changed society for the better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I'm going to this , it should be good entertainment ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

ned78 wrote: »
    No, sorry, I have a job and a life. But thanks for the invite. I'm sure the march will go well, and it'll be legalised afterwards ... because you know there's nothing better that legislators like to listen to except drug loving smelly crusty hemp wearing hippies.

that is one of the most pathetically biased opinions I have ever heard

that is one of the most pathetically biased opinions I have ever heard

don;t mind him spitfire. it's just that he and many others do not yet understand what cannabis has to offer to us as a society and as a medicine. we are all still evolving on many levels and each of us has their own journey to make..:)

BUT ...make sure that you go to this march and help to educate those who need it most.

peace all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

"What cannabis has to offer!!" Can we get serious here - cannabis is a drug - just like alcohol is a drug - both do damage and as far as I can see mostly to the families of heavy smokers and drinkers alike. I think cannabis should be decriminalized but not available freely. Look how bad the irish race are at controlling their alcohol consumption. Also I do not want hoards of people coming to Ireland for smoking holidays no matter how much money it makes. Cannabis appears to be freely available here and has been glamorised to a certain extent but it does also come with its own set of problems. If you know anyone who smokes a lot, you will know how aggressive and agitated they become when they havent got it. If it is to be legalised we need to take all aspects of it seriously no matter what side of the debate we are on. By the way, our current taoiseach admitted to smoking it in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cheeseandonion

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

By the way, our current taoiseach admitted to smoking it in college.

Respect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

:):)I would love to go but il be to stoned to bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Looks like RTE TV news could not be bothered covering it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Couldn't make it in today, how'd it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

mukki wrote: »
    hahaha

i love the way stoners always plan "to get so stoned" at the next bank holiday weekend, while normal folk plan to do something or go somewhere

Ya the pub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

"What cannabis has to offer!!" Can we get serious here - cannabis is a drug - just like alcohol is a drug - both do damage and as far as I can see mostly to the families of heavy smokers and drinkers alike.

Yes but you can make oil, cars, plastics,rope, cloth, medicines, and houses out of cannabis, try doing that with beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr. Gruff

Can we get serious here - cannabis is a drug - just like alcohol is a drug - both do damage and as far as I can see mostly to the families of heavy smokers and drinkers alike. I think cannabis should be decriminalized but not available freely

I have to disagree here, decriminalization without regulation will only (in my eyes at least) compound the problems that already exist with cannabis in Ireland - the organized, violent criminal distribution network who are involved in gang wars where we are increasingly at risk of becoming innocent casualties.

If you were just to decriminalize, we would have no way of dealing with this aspect of their "business". There would still be dangerous drug dealing gangs killing each other over competition and using potentially dangerous additives in their weed (like the tiny glass particles used in industrial abrasion that can really play havoc in your lungs if you're sucking it in with your smoke) to bulk up their quantities and make more money.

There's also the fact that it doesn't make economic sense to decriminalize without going one step further and legalizing. Think of all the tax and jobs that could be created (both directly and indirectly).Not to mention the boom in the fast food sector, we could definitely open another couple of Maccy D's around the place and give all those out of work architects and microchip makers a chance to get off the dole ; )
    By the way, our current taoiseach admitted to smoking it in college.

So did O'bama, and he even admitted to inhaling!

By the way, I'm not crusty, I don't have long hair, a rainbow hat woven by Peruvian widows and no, I don't wear hemp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cheeseandonion

what a great march that was yesterday! kick ass!

hope everyone enjoyed themselves at the march and let's get ready to do it all again soon. this change is happening as we speak folks. be part of this change..

nice one to all who marched..keep on keepin' on.

Advertisement