Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial Bus Strike...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

shltter wrote: »
    idiot

So you don't know why I posted that, no?? And you're calling ME an idiot?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

jaybird wrote: »
    Why to people keep going on about bus drivers not turning up on time. They drive the bus to the schedule on the bill. They can't do anything about how long it takes them. If they go on out of service it is because the management have told them to. THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHEN THEY TURN UP AT YOUR STOP, THEY JUST DRIVE THE DAMN BUS AS THEY ARE TOLD. When the schedule says they have 10 mins to get to your stop, when its 20 mins away, how on earth can you blame them for being late?????:confused:

The problems you have are all because of the way the buses are managed, not how they are driven, you are just either too selfish or stupid to care. You all think that the drivers should put up with anything at all so that you are never inconvenienced, you couldn't care less about them, why should they care about you? When they try to keep drivers and buses on your services, when you don't care. When the vast majority are polite and hardworking, ande deliver you saely to your destination within the difficult constraints they are given to work with, and you only notice the one time in a hundred you get a rude driver.
    Why are the drivers taking it upon themselves to "stand up for the commuters" by striking about smaller turn around times?

Why don't the ask the commuters themselves and see do they care?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Why to people keep going on about bus drivers not turning up on time. They drive the bus to the schedule on the bill. They can't do anything about how long it takes them. If they go on out of service it is because the management have told them to. THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHEN THEY TURN UP AT YOUR STOP, THEY JUST DRIVE THE DAMN BUS AS THEY ARE TOLD. When the schedule says they have 10 mins to get to your stop, when its 20 mins away, how on earth can you blame them for being late?????:confused:

Have you never heard of the term "throw the anchor out"? Have you never heard of a driver deliberately holding back on a run so that he is unable to do his last run on his shift and so must finish early? Then his run either doesn't turn up or it starts late when another driver comes in to cover?

Seriously are all Dublin Bus drivers polishing their halos right now?

The problems you have are all because of the way the buses are managed, not how they are driven, you are just either too selfish or stupid to care. You all think that the drivers should put up with anything at all so that you are never inconvenienced, you couldn't care less about them, why should they care about you?
    Hit the nail on the head. They are service providers, in PUBLIC service vehicles, who are meant to - you guessed it - PROVIDE A DAMN SERVICE. And yes, as a [public] service provider, they should in NO WAY inconvenience the very people who rely on the service.

Maybe thats why they should care about US. We pay their bloody wages.

Without us, they have no job, and no bus to drive in the first place.
    When they try to keep drivers and buses on your services, when you don't care.
    Dont care?? If we didn't care, there wouldn't be so big a backlash.
    When the vast majority are polite and hardworking, and deliver you saely to your destination within the difficult constraints they are given to work with, and you only notice the one time in a hundred you get a rude driver.

In fairness, its a LOT more often than one time in a hundred. In fact, I get quite a surprise when I'm in the presence if a friendly, helpful, polite driver.

Its quite refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

At this stage I don’t believe any civilians like myself and des etc could even attempt to reason with the protected species that seems to be union guarded bus drivers.

The whole public sector have no ability to see anything other than black and white – (He said this and did this, I’m going on strike …. Childish rubbish)

There is absolutely no flexibility whatsoever in how they do their jobs.

In these global economic times every organisation has to react quickly to the external and internal factors which are affecting every aspect of their environment, it is embarrassing and laughable that something as simply changing a time table on a bus route has to go through months and months of bullsh1t, talks, negotiations, LRC, wildcat strikes etc.

All talk on a economic recovery is based around the notion of a flexible knowledge based work force, with the responses from certain DB posters here and from what I am listening to on the radio these Dublin Bus drivers are not showing any flexibility or sense of Knowledge (in the context of working smarter).

The fact that these drivers who are really working in menial jobs (with all due respect, in most other cities a bus driver is regarded as a menial worker) are commanding earnings with 80% more than the national average wage is disgusting, considering they can’t even agree to timetable changes without dragging everything out for months!!!!

Idiots the lot of them, they wouldn’t survive a month working in the real world in this economy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

So you don't know why I posted that, no?? And you're calling ME an idiot?

I know that Dublin Buses spokesperson told a pack of lies on Morning Ireland this morning about broken windows and intimidation.
    And lo and behold no broken windows so they changed it to stone throwing you want to believe them off you go but the woman is a born liar if she told me today was Tuesday i would check the calender.

You or anyone else that engages in or advocates throwing anything at passenger vehicles is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

JUST DRIVE THE DAMN BUS AS THEY ARE TOLD

Unless they call an idiotic wildcat strike, they dont go anywhere

You or anyone else that engages in or advocates throwing anything at passenger vehicles is an idiot.

It wasn't meant in the literal sense :rolleyes: Sarcasm, ever hear of it?

Eoineo wrote: »
    Have you never heard of the term "throw the anchor out"? Have you never heard of a driver deliberately holding back on a run so that he is unable to do his last run on his shift and so must finish early? Then his run either doesn't turn up or it starts late when another driver comes in to cover?

Seriously are all Dublin Bus drivers polishing their halos right now?

So all late journeys are because someone threw the anchor out cop yourself on.

If you did that you don't finish early you get regulated.

It wasn't meant in the literal sense :rolleyes: Sarcasm, ever hear of it?

Ah you were attempting humour. :rolleyes:

I note that you did not address the issue of the DB spokesperson telling lies on Morning Ireland.

• Advertisement

I'm simply pointing out that the comment that DB drivers have no control over whether your bus arrives on time is incorrect. No need to be telling me to cop myself on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭jaybird

whippet wrote: »

The fact that these drivers who are really working in menial jobs (with all due respect, in most other cities a bus driver is regarded as a menial worker) are commanding earnings with 80% more than the national average wage is disgusting, considering they can’t even agree to timetable changes without dragging everything out for months!!!!

Idiots the lot of them, they wouldn’t survive a month working in the real world in this economy.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but this is completely untrue. 80% more than the national average wage? Try coming out with just over 500 quid for a week of early starts, late finishes, split shifts, sat and night work, as well as never knowing your shifts until the night before...... we don't even get 80% OF the national average wage!!!!

You don't know what you are talking about, any of you.

Ah you were attempting humour. :rolleyes:

No, sarcasm - did I not just point that out?

Jaybird as the spouse of a former spareman that figure of €500 per week net is incorrect. If you were to do that much shift work the figure you would earn would be far more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I know that Dublin Buses spokesperson told a pack of lies on Morning Ireland this morning about broken windows and intimidation.
    And lo and behold no broken windows so they changed it to stone throwing you want to believe them off you go but the woman is a born liar if she told me today was Tuesday i would check the calender.

Personal Abuse though, there was no need to stoop to it.

I'm simply pointing out that the comment that DB drivers have no control over whether your bus arrives on time is incorrect. No need to be telling me to cop myself on.

If you have insufficient running time you have no control over that.

LMAO oh so that's what it's called now. ;)

Jaybird as the spouse of a former spareman that figure of €500 per week net is incorrect. If you were to do that much shift work the figure you would earn would be far more.

Its not counted as shift work, thats just regular hours. There is no more overtime. Thats not incorrect, with the levies, prsi and taxes, thats exactly the figure, I have the payslips in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think it's very telling how the Dublin Bus employees here are showing their true colours.

They do not appear to be able to engage in rational debate on a subject without resorting to angry rhetoric and simply engage in the blame game, not for a moment acknowledging that there are two sides to every story. It's simply easier to blame DB management. It's them, not us.

Reality check lads, in the Real World, people who have Real Jobs do not behave like this.

Des wrote: »
    Personal Abuse though, there was no need to stoop to it.

Hang on drivers on here have been called scum, idiots, bottom feeders etc etc so when it is the direction you like it is ok or indeed coming from yourself.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I think it's very telling how the Dublin Bus employees here are showing their true colours.

They do not appear to be able to engage in rational debate on a subject without resorting to angry rhetoric and simply engage in the blame game, not for a moment acknowledging that there are two sides to every story. It's simply easier to blame DB management. It's them, not us.

Reality check lads, in the Real World, people who have Real Jobs do not behave like this.

Really, if you have a work problem you always side with your bosses do you? Even when they're wrong?

We are angry because we are being called all kinds of names, and blamed for everything. Theres no rational debate here, its commuters bashing the drivers and a few drivers defending themselves. Are we not even allowed to do that anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

From what I have read elsewhere on a bus drivers forum a driver has been given 25 minutes running time to get from Harristown to Rathmines in one of their bills on the 128, if that is the case, then no wonder they are upset about the 128 schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

any chance that someone could head up to harristown with a camera and take some pictures of this lot outside so i know which of drivers to berate when they decide to start working again?

I could probably guess which ones they are anyway...workshy gits

From what I have read elsewhere on a bus drivers forum a driver has been given 25 minutes running time to get from Harristown to Rathmines in one of their bills on the 128, if that is the case, then no wonder they are upset about the 128 schedule.

And who will the commuters give out to when the buses don't appear on time? That wil be the drivers fault too, they'll be called lazy feckless bastards because the bus isn't actually a helicopter......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Really ? Well who was the driver who rang in to Gerry Ryan, which was then repeated on the 1 o'clock news, outlining what happened and what was said to him this morning when he tried to take a bus out ? Are you going to try now claim he was an actor dragged into the studio from the Fair City set ?
    Get your head out of your ass, everyone knows what happens at picket lines, be they official or unofficial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

its commuters bashing the drivers
    Because the drivers went on strike with no warning leaving thousands of people stranded for two mornings.

What do you expect? Tea and sympathy.

Get a bleedin grip here.

lol, no sane person could have thought 25 minutes from Clongriffin to Rathmines is viable.

It's either a misprint on the bill or a driver is telling lies.

I know which option I'd go with at the moment.

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Des wrote: »
    ****, each and every one of them.

Moreso the ones who stood by and watched it happen.

Fúcking cavemen.

Yeah whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Bambi wrote: »
    any chance that someone could head up to harristown with a camera and take some pictures of this lot outside so i know which of drivers to berate when they decide to start working again?

And if you did that to them, and they started berating you, you would be sayiung what a disgrace. Give me a break.

If there are some buses that have been smashed up then I agree this is wrong, but the fact that this morning it was stated they were smashed up now they seem to have backtracked from this suggests maybe there was not.

Jip wrote: »
    Really ? Well who was the driver who rang in to Gerry Ryan, which was then repeated on the 1 o'clock news, outlining what happened and what was said to him this morning when he tried to take a bus out ? Are you going to try now claim he was an actor dragged into the studio from the Fair City set ?
    Get your head out of your ass, everyone knows what happens at picket lines, be they official or unofficial.

Was there windows broken

Anyone can ring Gerry Ryan or anyone else and claim to be whoever they want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I would have believed you if not for the fact that I had to sit on the bus in Donnybrook for up to 15 minutes on numerous occasions - waiting for a new driver to take over. They are notoriously late.

Advertisement