Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial Bus Strike...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

the 40C is the only bus that services my area of Finglas. I want to get another bus, i have to walk 20 minst to another area of finglas.

Finglas is divided in the following areas

Finglas,

Finglas South

Finglas West

Finglas East

St. Margarets Area

i live in Finglas, this is the only bus that services this area

Ok fair enough. I just wasn't sure by the post. As far as I am aware, the 40C isn't that regular, is that correct? So do you use other buses when there is no 40C scheduled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Des wrote: »
    Because the bus is scheduled to leave at 8.50

It is physically impossible for it to be outside my house at 8.50, which it sometimes is, even in the lightest of traffic, because I live about a five to ten minute drive away from the therminus, traffic dependent, I certainly don't live 0 Seconds from the terminus.

Unless Dublin Bus can travel at the speed of light

And did you make a complaint when this happened and what response did you get.?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

angel01 wrote: »
    Ok fair enough. I just wasn't sure by the post. As far as I am aware, the 40C isn't that regular, is that correct? So do you use other buses when there is no 40C scheduled?

well usually i base my times area around the 40C, though to be honest, i have learnt to bring my runners with me because it never turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Never seen this happen in Harristown, seen it happen in Donnybrook though and on the 38's in Phibsborough.
    How is that relevant? Because you didn't see it, it didn't happen?

Yes, of course, stopping the drivers from helping the public and a complete stone wall service is what we all want where none of them make an effort, get a grip, we should be praising the drivers who help their customers rather than the ones who don't give a toss.
    I'm talking about the ones who don't give a toss - who have left the public hanging for the last 3 days.

But if you are going to take a hard line approach to the rules, then I can hear MP3 players of people in front of me every day almost, very very quietly, but even if I can only hear it a little bit, it's still audiable, therefore it is breaking the rules.
    Well I've never seen you hearing the MP3 players of the people in front of you.
    Of course this is being petty and taking things to the extreme, and I've never seen any driver ever do this with MP3 players and they are normally sensible about drinks. However remember you are the one who wanted strict law enforcement, and the laws are there, so don't moan if they do the same back.
    Where did I say I wanted strict law enforcement? I said that I was going to report any drivers out of Harristown that I saw breaking the rules. You're the one who brought all the other stuuf up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

But it must have took Des much less than 20 minutes, as they live together, to get the 9.05 40A, as by his own admission he got this, and he was still at the 40C stop at 9.05

• Advertisement

:pac:

Don't you dare judge me

Ah cop on or did you leave your sense of humour on the 40A this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

shltter wrote: »
    What do you want??
    A proper, reliable bus service, which I pay enough for already.
    You seem to only be interested in abusing drivers for things that are completely outside their control, when you are offered any assistance you throw it back.

I'm ringing the garage manager on my lunch break.

Being told to "use a different service" is hardly assistance, it's ignoring the issue.

Also, I make no differentiation between drivers and management, it's all Dublin Bus to me, and the thousands of other consumers.

It's the Drivers making that distinction, to feed their own agenda.

Fact is, Dublin Bus messed up this morning. Not the Drivers, Not the management, but Dublin Bus.

Dude the ":pac:" in my post reflects that I did not leave my SOH on the bus.
    :)

MOH wrote: »
    Well I've never seen you hearing the MP3 players of the people in front of you.

I have as well as behind.

Where did I say I wanted strict law enforcement? I said that I was going to report any drivers out of Harristown that I saw breaking the rules. You're the one who brought all the other stuuf up.[/QUOTE]

I know. And therefore don't moan if the drivers kick you off the bus for drinking etc then, as these are the terms and conditions you agree to when you purchase a ticket.

Thanks for that

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Contact-Us1/Garage-contact-details/

Harristown
    Garage Manager Garage Phone Number
    Donal Keating (01) 7031104

I'll be calling the bould Donal at my earliest convenience.

Wonder if he'll be "out".

LOL rang him and guess what he is out of the office :) and i emailed him and a few others earlier on - still waiting on a response

• Advertisement

It was a joke!

I'm ringing the garage manager on my lunch break
    Good, he's a sound bloke. As long as you put your point across in a polite way I'm sure he will accomodate you. If you go ranting and raving and swearing like on here though I doubt he will.
    Also, I make no differentiation between drivers and management, it's all Dublin Bus to me, and the thousands of other consumers.

But if your boss told you something in work to do, and the customers didn't like it but they forced you to do this, would you then be happy if the customers blamed you when it was out of your hands.

LOL rang him and guess what he is out of the office :)

How convenient.

How convenient indeed.

Why am I not surprised.

well usually i base my times area around the 40C, though to be honest, i have learnt to bring my runners with me because it never turns up.

Probably best just in case! Least you have other options though, If I use a different bus route (if I miss my regular one) It takes way too long and I end up being dead late for work so it isn't really an option for me.

But if your boss told you something in work to do, and the customers didn't like it but they forced you to do this, would you then be happy if the customers blamed you when it was out of your hands.

What I wouldn't do is go crying to the customer "wah wah the boss made me do it".

If my boss was asking me to do things I didn't want to do, I'd have a choice.

Suck it up, or leave my job.

Unless they were illegal things, of course.

How convenient. How convenient indeed. Why am I not surprised.

Hate to break it to you but depot managers are not always tied to their desks all day long.

Whenever I've called he's been there and he's kept me informed by email as well.

How convenient.

How convenient indeed.

Why am I not surprised.

Well as loathe as I am to defend managers I know they are busy for the next 2 weeks in meetings etc for the next round of reductions in services due on the 10th of May.

Probably best just in case! Least you have other options though, If I use a different bus route (if I miss my regular one) It takes way too long and I end up being dead late for work so it isn't really an option for me.

Sure what do Dublin Bus care about you, you're only a pleb customer.

A proper, reliable bus service, which I pay enough for already.

I'm ringing the garage manager on my lunch break.

Being told to "use a different service" is hardly assistance, it's ignoring the issue.

It's the Drivers making that distinction, to feed their own agenda.

Fact is, Dublin Bus messed up this morning. Not the Drivers, Not the management, but Dublin Bus.

That's your problem you want to level your anger at the people who actually have some control over the issue otherwise you are just wasting your energy.

As someone already said no point in criticising frontline staff in any business for things that are outside of their control like blaming checkout staff for the store not having enough stock or blaming a nurse because a hospital has no beds.
    You have a right to be pissed off just your aim is completely wrong and serves no purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sensible_User

Neither of the 40D's turned up this morning from 6.30 -7.00 either so I feel your pain. The thing is the harristown drivers are millitant scum and the 40C never turns up as why should it as not enough people use it which is why they are trying to get rid of it.

• Advertisement

LOL - welcome to my world. That is exactly what i am doing in work right now.

Thats life - deal with it or oh no, i have just had a thought, thats i will go on strike and refuse to do my job becuase my conditions have changed over the last few month especially with those 90 people they let go, my work load has been tripled and people are screaming at me on the phone all the time because procedures have change.

yes, that is exactly what i am going to do, go on strike and inconveniece everyone even more

Neither of the 40D's turned up this morning from 6.30 -7.00 either so I feel your pain. The thing is the harristown drivers are millitant scum and the 40C never turns up as why should it as not enough people use it which is why they are trying to get rid of it.

I happen to know for a fact that at least one of those buses turned up as I know someone who went on one of them FROM THE FIRST STOP.

I could use stronger words but don't want to get an infraction. But posting downright false information on here helps nobody.

Wasn't Sensible User found out as some kind of a fraud yesterday?

Ho hum.

What the hell I got an infraction for when this guy has got away with it I really don't understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sensible_User

Sorry - I meant the 40.

Sorry - I meant the 40.

Course.

What the hell I got an infraction for when this guy has got away with it I really don't understand?

Both of you were infracted yesterday, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I have as well as behind.
    Yes, but since your response to many other posts seems to be "I never saw it", well, "I never saw you experience it" seems just as valid a response from me.
    I know. And therefore don't moan if the drivers kick you off the bus for drinking etc then, as these are the terms and conditions you agree to when you purchase a ticket.

"No person shall consume alcoholic drinks or other beverages or food while on the vehicle."
    A lot of definitions of "beverage" specifically exclude water, so if any driver kicks me off a bus for drinking water, I'll certainly have an issue.

You also (deliberately?) omitted a number of other conditions of the bye-laws:
    "- No person shall smoke or carry a lighted pipe, cigarette, cigar or cheroot in any vehicle or part of the vehicle.
    - No person shall molest or interfere with the comfort or convenience of any passenger or person in or about the vehicle.
    - No person shall behave in a riotous, disorderly, indecent or offensive manner in or about the vehicle."

If drivers were to rigidly enforce all the conditions of travel, then on balance journeys would a lot more pleasant.

It's also quite difficult to find these - there's no link that I could see on the DB website.

MOH wrote: »
    - No person shall molest or interfere with any passenger or person in or about the vehicle.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

Seriously.

If my posts offend, there is a "report post" function (report.gif) to bring it to the attention of the forum Moderators, so if they deem action necessary, they can take it.

i'm not that easily offended, where i am though is where double standards apply and where that other goon posted about paying my wages whether he said it in jest or not.
    it's amazing that someone here gets a red card for calling someone a tool yet when the word wanker is used amongst others then it's just passed over. i've never been one for double standards.
    now i await to see if another red card is going to be issued.
    but the funniest thing of all here is there have been media reports of people spending time and money on social net working sites while in their jobs and here some of you are whinging and cribbing that your bus didn't show up to bring to you work, how ironic is that. bitching and moaning because you've no bus , when you do get the bus to work where are you, well on here of course :eek:

Advertisement