Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Arsenal Champions League

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Rumours suggest Evra may be off to Barcelona in the summer.

His passing was very poor last night, but i personally would not be giving up on him yet, he has been fantastic for United for the most part, i would certainly give him time to get himself right again (maybe he is in love, or has swine flu, as RTE say! :D)

I really really like Evra and wouldn't like him to leave but if these rumours are true then Fabio must be ready to step up next season.

We wouldn't even need to sign a replacement if thats the case really, Fabio first choice with O Shea able to rotate, then right back we have Brown, Rafael and Eckersly.

The cash from Evra, I'd say around 12m? could be used to get Tevez or maybe fund another buy, Benzema or Ribery anyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Smegball wrote: »
    I really really like Evra and wouldn't like him to leave but if these rumours are true then Fabio must be ready to step up next season.

We wouldn't even need to sign a replacement if thats the case really, Fabio first choice with O Shea able to rotate, then right back we have Brown, Rafael and Eckersly.

The cash from Evra, I'd say around 12m? could be used to get Tevez or maybe fund another buy, Benzema or Ribery anyone :)

evra isnt going anywhere and hes worth a hell of alot more than 12m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I saw Berba run yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! You should have seen me, i didn't know he could move!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Smegball wrote: »

Fabio could well push evra for LB next season, but i'd be wouldn't be so sure if he could keep it.
    Rafael, and especially Fabio have had their progress hampered by niggley injuries (although i am delighted at how far they've gone while fit), and seem a little injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Fabio could well push evra for LB next season, but i'd be wouldn't be so sure if he could keep it.
    Rafael, and especially Fabio have had their progress hampered by niggley injuries (although i am delighted at how far they've gone while fit), and seem a little injury prone.

Not injury prone, just young and growing. Lots of players are like this when they are between 17 and 23. Case in point, Steven Gerrard.

I don't see Fergie selling Evra, yesterday he played very well...

tbh i have never warmed up to him, but it seems Fergie has enough faith in him...

Will we sell anyone this summer, i don't think so... But if and if Ronaldo goes, does that mean Macheda gets a first team?
    Will Tevez go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I don't see Fergie selling Evra, yesterday he played very well...

:eek:

Were you watching a different game?

He nullified Walcott, which is no mean achievement, but he had Rooney helping him out.

But his forward play was atrocious.

In a five minute spell at the end of the first half he gave the ball away six times. I was counting.

Des wrote: »
    :eek:

Were you watching a different game?

He nullified Walcott, which is no mean achievement, but he had Rooney helping him out.

But his forward play was atrocious.

In a five minute spell at the end of the first half he gave the ball away six times. I was counting.
    hahaha... I wasn't paying much attention, just noticed him for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Des wrote: »
    But how many times did Evra give the ball away :eek:

New left back please Mr Ferguson.
    Eh? Behave. He's been one of our most consistent performers for the last few seasons and is usually a threat going forward. It is not a question of him not being good enough but whether he wants to be at the club or confidence. We don't know either so let's see how it plays out. I for one would love him to stay and see him enjoy playing for United.

Berba haters? He is annoying at times, he does come across as disinterested at times, perhaps arrogant even, but he is one talented f**ker and he played very well when he came on last night. Held the ball up well. I did think he was a bit faster than that though? he made Kolo look like Usain Bolt ffs!

Good match, especially the first half. Can't believe the ****e Arsenal served up last night compared to the usual games we have against them. WUnited could have won it last night but I am very confident about going to the Emirates with a one goal lead. We are bound to score at least one goal there.

Things are looking up again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Jesus, the times where players were given ages to prove themselves have really gone.

As an auld one may say, It's the age where everything happens super quick and thats the way life has become....

Please give these players more of a chance!

Evra was brilliant last year. Has been having a bad run but these guys arent robots they are only human. It happens to everyone.

If they were bad footballers from the start well then go ahead give out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Why is it when a footballer has a bad spell everybody jumps to critacise him? They can't be brillient 100% of the time. Evra is a great player just not having his best spell, but still amazing.

Advertisement