Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four Star Hotel in Cork €59

• 26-04-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

The Montenotte Hotel in Cork have dropped their prices for a lot of dates to 59 euro. It is a 4 star Hotel with a brilliant view of Cork and has a leisure centre. Maybe the recession clouds have some silver linings.

http://www.themontenottehotel.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They always have decent rates, it might be something to do with being outside the city, and nobody wants to walk up that hill after a few drinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 corktom

Davy wrote: »
    They always have decent rates, it might be something to do with being outside the city, and nobody wants to walk up that hill after a few drinks ;)

Hi Davy,

I live nearby in St Lukes and while the Hotel is not in the City Centre it might not be correct to say it is outside the city. About a 5 min drive from Patrick St. I head in there to watch the big sport games (too mean to pay for the Sports channels) Ok I do walk down the hill after pints. Nice staff there.

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

As far as I know this is the poshest hotel in Cork. In Dublin terms think Shelborne, elegance and old money. So €59 is a bargain. It is a short walk from the city, but a very pleasant walk. The Metropole Hotel is much closer to the city and offer good package deals as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Oracle wrote: »
    As far as I know this is the poshest hotel in Cork. In Dublin terms think Shelborne, elegance and old money.

Think you're mixing it up with the Maryborough House Hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

445279.ie wrote: »
    Think you're mixing it up with the Maryborough House Hotel.

Or even Hayfield Manor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Hayfield Manor is 5-star isn't it? Defintely the best hotel in the city.

Never been to the Montenotte but I think that the Imperial on the South Mall are also offering deals (B&B and dinner) right now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Looks like 49euro or 59 with breakfast.
    Great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The Imperial Hotel is lovely, and I know the Maryborough House is good as well. It's years since I was in the Montenotte Hotel, it was a beautiful hotel then, maybe its changed.

Danced da disco years ago here. Has changed but for the the better. Lot of money pumped in and now 4 star. Top Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Anyone know of any similar deals in hotels about an hour from Dublin? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

The Fool wrote: »
    Looks like 49euro or 59 with breakfast.
    Great deal

See that now thats for pointing that out...Can go wrong with that especially with the facilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 karlito3000

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any similar deals in hotels about an hour from Dublin? Thanks

Just got back from Castle Leslie in Monaghan (about an hour and a half drive from Dublin up the M1) and they are doing a brilliant midweek deal at the mo. 120 euro for 2 nights for 2 people B&B in the Hunting Lodge (not the castle itself, but just beside it). The missus felt like a queen staying there (even went for a jaunt on the horses in their on-site equestrian centre). Not sure if that deal is on their own website but I ended up booking through Avio. It's normally a couple of hundred to stay here for two nights (don't know exactly how much, but it's a helluva lot more than what we paid). Really nice restaurant and cool little bar too... and can I just say it's the best 'bar food' I have ever eaten, and for about 15 euro a main course on average.
    Only downside is it's where Paul McCartney and the gold digger got married!!!:eek: Don't let that put you off though! You would barely even get a crappy B&B for 60 euro a couple per night, never mind somewhere with this class. Top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

I stayed in the Montenotte hotel for the June bank holiday weekend last year and thought it was a very poor hotel, 2* at a push, nowhere near a 4*.
    Rooms grotty, staff rude & indifferent, en-suite in a much poorer state than my own!
    Have they done renovations since last June?

buzz55 wrote: »
    I stayed in the Montenotte hotel for the June bank holiday weekend last year and thought it was a very poor hotel, 2* at a push, nowhere near a 4*.
    Rooms grotty, staff rude & indifferent, en-suite in a much poorer state than my own!
    Have they done renovations since last June?

Guess its a matter of opinion. Up there every second week. 4 Star look and feel Hotel, Great, helpful and very friendly staff. On the road a lot so stay in Hotels a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Just got back from Castle Leslie in Monaghan (about an hour and a half drive from Dublin up the M1) and they are doing a brilliant midweek deal at the mo. 120 euro for 2 nights for 2 people B&B in the Hunting Lodge (not the castle itself, but just beside it). The missus felt like a queen staying there (even went for a jaunt on the horses in their on-site equestrian centre). Not sure if that deal is on their own website but I ended up booking through Avio. It's normally a couple of hundred to stay here for two nights (don't know exactly how much, but it's a helluva lot more than what we paid). Really nice restaurant and cool little bar too... and can I just say it's the best 'bar food' I have ever eaten, and for about 15 euro a main course on average.
    Only downside is it's where Paul McCartney and the gold digger got married!!!:eek: Don't let that put you off though! You would barely even get a crappy B&B for 60 euro a couple per night, never mind somewhere with this class. Top notch.
    do you have the website for avio tried googling and nothing coming up looks good for a break thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

raviravi wrote: »
    do you have the website for avio tried googling and nothing coming up looks good for a break thanks in advance

Sorry, my bad... I spelt avio wrong. It's 'Avvio'. Try this link: http://www.avvio.com/hotels/Castle_Leslie_The_Hunting_Lodge/bookings/client.php?formname=searchspecials&mode=group&group=Free+Night+Offers&@URLADD@#ipulsestart

gives you a list of 'free night' offers I think. Can really recommend the Hunting Lodge for a nice break. The hotel's own website might have something else, I didn't check it. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It's The Battle of the Shills. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

It's The Battle of the Shills. :pac:

Wha???

Advertisement