Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the Green Party Pull Out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

dny123456 wrote:
    They are one of the few political parties, who act on what they stand for, whether you agree with them or not, you have to admire them for that.

They are laughable in this regard - the man on the street has no faith in their ability, no respect for their nonsense ideals, suspicion over their lapsed election promises and scorn for the way they have compromised themselves in every regard leaving themselves bereft of any decency or dignity.
    dny123456 wrote:
    They have had the courage to scrap the electronic voting white elephant.

A year later? - I'm surprised they didn't cover it in Tofu and dance around it while chanting in the long, long time since they adopted this gem.
    dny123456 wrote:
    They've brought in tax relief for cyclists.

What does that even mean? That cycle to work scheme has been an outright flop. I think one person in Killarney signed up and then was too embarrassed to back out once he realised it was rubbish......
    dny123456 wrote:
    Tax on city centre parking.

Yes - tax the few people who are left working to park outside work so that they can go into work to earn money to pay nonsense fcukheaded taxes.

PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A PUBLIC TRANSPORT ALTERNATIVE YOU LAME, DUMB, GREEN, USELESSLY ACADEMIC, DADDY-FUNDED MORONS.

- Especially since they started taking buses off the streets and laying off their drivers...............
    dny123456 wrote:
    Investing in inter connector with UK, so we can develop and use sustainable energy sources. This would not be possible without the inter connector, which will cost a lot of money upfront, but will be worthwhile in the long term. It's a very brave politician that will take 'long term' expensive action. Politicians normally look at the 3-4 year horizon (elections)

I'll eat my hat, shirt and boots if The Green Party ever, ever, ever give the people of Ireland any worthwhile legacy. I am confident that they will posture, pose, pontificate and ultimately perish.
    dny123456 wrote:
    Eamon Ryan is the only successful businessman in the cabinet. Its exactly that acumen that we need in our government. Not a load of teachers!

Anyone with an eye for business could spot the Green movement from afar and assess it as a Goldmine - prey on peoples consciences and have them fund your idiocy - easy money; I've heard that some people are making a nice career out of it..... Even Trevor Sargent is still spending a portion of my take home pay every month - His word means nothing any more to anyone who remembers that speech.

- I challenge anyone to come on here and tell me of one worthwhile thing he has ever done for anyone......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Raiser wrote: »
    I'll eat my hat, shirt and boots if The Green Party ever, ever, ever give the people of Ireland any worthwhile legacy. I am confident that they will posture, pose, pontificate and ultimately perish.

The interconnector venture is being funded by the EU to the tune of €110 million and is part of the overall EU strategy for EU connectivity and is a priority project. BTW also came across this which made me smile.
    20 Member States still not in compliance with Community legislation promoting energy efficiency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The only green TD I have respect for is Trevor Sargent.
    He quit after leading them to power after giving his word that he would so.
    He also has resigned his teaching position during his second Dail term, is the only TD to resign without his pension rights.

As much as I hate the Green party here is a guy with principles and that I respect.

He gave his word that he wouldn't lead them into power with FF, then played a game of semantics with his position. I lost respect for him after that charade tbh.

The only green TD I have respect for is Trevor Sargent.
    He quit after leading them to power after giving his word that he would so.
    He also has resigned his teaching position during his second Dail term, is the only TD to resign without his pension rights.

As much as I hate the Green party here is a guy with principles and that I respect.

Trevor Sargent quit didn't he? - He certainly promised us he would, I saw him stand there and I heard it with my own ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

flanzer wrote: »
    They're holding on because they know it'll be their last ever stint in Government. I think as a party, they're doomed beyond this.

Utter nonsense; read the opinion polls.

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    Utter nonsense; read the opinion polls.

I'm not a clairvoyant; but I can see a certain future for any political party willing to renege on every election promise and blindly, willingly and stupidly support Fianna Fail as it buries this Nation......

As for the Greens; they look especially bad when they gladly support FF's anti-Green cutbacks, thievery and incompetence.

- When I see John Gormley strolling about spewing drivel, I see a man who cannot believe that he actually is where he is now having happened to have backed the right horse lettuce.

Enjoy it John; we just simply cannot afford to sponsor your idiot-fest any longer.....

Advertisement